Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- McLeodGaming just launched a Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming customizable 2D platform fighter named Fraymakers, powered by Heaps!
- Feathers UI
beta.1for Haxe and OpenFL is now available! The latest of multiple preview builds that are planned before the first stable release in 2021!
- Open source Haxe track on Exercism is looking for assistance getting everything up to date.
- Sébastien Bénard has added support for “linear” worlds to LDtk in next update (in “linear world” levels are organized one after the other). Re-organizing your levels using drag’n’drop is such a pleasure!
4.0.4is available for download! Check out the list of changes over on the community forum.
- Vadim Dyachenko made a web-based icon converter, read the introductory post about it. Also Vadim has written about giving Neko VM executables a custom icon.
In case you missed it
- Congratulations to Will Blanton on winning the
#DiscRoomGameJamwith DISC WHEEL! 🥇🏆
- LDtk: The Level Designer Toolkit article and video by Game From Scratch.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#8: Shader Journey by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- The Moonshine IDE version
3.0.0is the first release that includes Feathers UI views written in Haxe.
- Double Kick Heroes are offering the chance to win a Delta Headset, thanks to the ASUS ROG team and a Double Kick Heroes Steam Key! 🤘
- Pixel Perfect 2D Water Shader tutorial used in Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog
#5: Cinematic-Style Animations video by Merrak.
- Adding a goal to our level in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Shiro Games will be releasing the Clan of the Dragon on consoles for Northgard on 25th November, due to some late certification issues.
- Luyren has released their AI and Combat packs! Add combat, special skills and enemy AI to your Stencyl games!
- Mine Blocks “The Hardcore Update”
1.30.0is out, the final Flash version of Mine Blocks.
- Mine Blocks
1.30.2is out which fixes super broken chests, but more importantly adds zombies with afros.
- Steel Seraph is
66%off on Gamejolt and Itch.io until November 25th.
In case you missed it
1.0.5has been released with full controller support, curios updates, a whole new boss fight and more!
- Double Turn has just released version
1.0, now available from Steam! Also check out the trailer!
- Its official, Northgard, by Shiro Games, is coming to mobile!
- Steel Seraph has been updated to
1.9.0for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.10out now! Featuring the new Catalan translation, plus lots of little bug fixes and optimisations! 🎲
- CrossCode is now out for Xbox Series X! Witness pixel art in glorious sharp 4k and fluid 120fps! Powered by Kha!
- Disktree has published all the Armory3D examples online to browse.
- Feathers UI
v1.0.0-beta.1for Haxe and OpenFL has been released.
- Ian Harrigan has made HaxeUI dialogs draggable by default.
- George Harpwood has created a Memory match game and a Minesweeper game powered by HaxeFlixel, the first two prototypes out of 10 planned games. The source code for both of the games is available on GitHub: Haxeflixel-Memory-Cards-Game
- Gauthier B has updated their fork of Ash
git, which no longer has class name collision in Nodes.
- XANOZOID has created a repository EchoHaxePunk
git- which is one way of Echo can be used in HaxePunk. Check out the GIF showing its work.
git- The Minks got COVID-19 game.
git- Helper library for using JetBrains’ Skija with the Haxe JVM target.
git- The state machine for Haxe.
git- Haxe parser combinators.
git- A animation editor for HaxeFlixel.
- Haxe Shader Demo
gitby George Corney.
- Jérémy Fa is working on “Unity backend” for Ceramic engine:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Double Kick Heroes now has more than 120k players!
- Double Turn introduces The Brawler and The High Flyer!
- Hayden Kowalchuk had to write a web game for uni this week, so why not show it off by using a PlayStation 5!
- Check out the Steel Seraph live playtest supercut which is almost 3 hours long. A game made in Stencyl.
- Juriën Meerlo has created a small game for the weekly game jam 174, with the theme being “tennis”, available on itch.io and made with Kha.
- Ty is making a game where you can go into thoughts, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Using ice can freeze enemies so they can slide across in new
WIPgame by Robert Alvarez.
- Arrow gimmick demo GIF by Vsio NeithR.
- Here’s a new screen from Caverns of Ksantarus game by President of Space.
- JanoGames has released a demo of Stage Dive available on itch.io.
- Location test by Luke Rosuto. Made with Heaps. more info about the game coming soon.
- Marching Squares by BlackGoku36. Made with Kha.
- A couple of quick videos from Renaine:
- New screenshots from
#GitHubGameOffjam game by Snappy Sloth:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
21~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
In case you missed it
-D analyzer-optimizecan re-order API (extern) calls which can cause a mess issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!