Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Congratulations to Will Blanton on winning the
#DiscRoomGameJamwith DISC WHEEL! 🥇🏆
- LDtk: The Level Designer Toolkit article and video by Game From Scratch.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#8: Shader Journey by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- The Moonshine IDE version
3.0.0is the first release that includes Feathers UI views written in Haxe.
- Double Kick Heroes are offering the chance to win a Delta Headset, thanks to the ASUS ROG team and a Double Kick Heroes Steam Key! 🤘
- Pixel Perfect 2D Water Shader tutorial used in Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
In case you missed it
- Paul Gene released Renegade Racing almost a year ago and he’s just hit 10 million installs on Android! Made with HaxeFlixel and NME.
- Chamber by Pedro Medeiros and Amora B. has won 1st place overall and 2nd place in graphics in LudumDare47. The game is made using GameBase by Sébastien Bénard and Heaps. 🥇🏆
- Lars Doucet latest DQ2 progress article Reflecting and recharging October 2020.
- Will Blanton wrote a post mortem for discwheel.
- Friday Night Funkin’ by ninja_muffin99 is out on Newgrounds and itch.io. The game is 100% fully open source on GitHub. Check out the newspost on Newgrounds about some upcoming things for the game.
- Merrak has posted Rogue of Vallas Devlog
#4: Persistence and Style bonuses video, a game made in Stencyl.
- How to format FlxText and change fonts globally in Haxeflixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
1.0.5has been released with full controller support, curios updates, a whole new boss fight and more!
- Double Turn has just released version
1.0, now available from Steam! Also check out the trailer!
- Its official, Northgard, by Shiro Games, is coming to mobile!
- Steel Seraph has been updated to
1.9.0for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.10out now! Featuring the new Catalan translation, plus lots of little bug fixes and optimisations! 🎲
- CrossCode is now out for Xbox Series X! Witness pixel art in glorious sharp 4k and fluid 120fps! Powered by Kha!
In case you missed it
- Robert Alvarez has published Big Tall Small, his new puzzle platformer available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made in Stencyl.
- Filippo Bodei has released Dungeon Pest Control, available on itch.io. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Josu Igoa released a while ago the digital version of Buyan Comic to the Play Store and Apple Store made with Heaps.
- Saw Shimi is available on itch.io, made with HaxeFlixel via miels.
- Sébastien Bénard has posted a sneak peak of the upcoming world editor in the LDtk
- Ammer, the Unified FFI for Haxe native extensions, has merged in Lua CI.
0.5.2-betahave been released.
0.7.0has been released, which adds support for REPL, ranges, basic string escaping, regexes and more!
git- A repo for experimenting with haxe-swt.
git- ISO3166 Country Codes.
gitby Matthijs Kamstra. He had fun with NeutralinoJs and Haxe and now its time fix some bugs in his creative coding library.
git- Some helper classes for OpenFL by Will Blanton.
git- Sparticle HAXE for Away3D project.
git- Externs for smartfox Android.
git- Updates GameMaker extensions with function/macro definitions and documentation extracted from source files.
git- A web-based digital logic simulator.
git- Data-oriented and data-driven 2D Game engine built on Kha with a built-in editor.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Vsio has posted a post mortem of Loop Heart, an LD47 game made with HaxeFlixel.
- The President of Space has made a new tileset for the obligatory lava level in Caverns of Ksantarus. Expect an assortment of burning floors, fireballs and flamethrowers! 🔥 An indie game made with HaxeFlixel.
- Miels is creating a game for the
#GameOff2020jam using HaxeFlixel.
- Benny Heller is working the night shift.
- Snappy Sloth are working on the game for GitHub Game Off game jam and using Heaps. Mat’ “Tipyx” PISTOL is streaming his daily work on the game over on twitch.
- Robert Alvarez started a new game where you step on tiles to change the active spell.
- Squidly has shared progress of a couple small enemies in Renaine.
WIPplatformer game which is being made with Kha by Xano from Kha discord server.
- Dracula 9000x by Joaquin Bello is a game being made with Kha. Most of the gameplay is done, need to add more art and add more effects. Here is the version with infinite jumps.
- The new logic node editor in Armory3D, via ArmoryBlender.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
18~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
-D analyzer-optimizecan re-order API (extern) calls which can cause a mess issue.
In case you missed it
- Evaluation order of pattern match on multiple values issue.
[eval]Int64, UInt64 and NativeString added to the eval target commit.
[eval]LibUV has been adopted into core.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!