Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Ian Harrigan’s latest HaxeUI feature and post is about the ability to interpolate string values inside HaxeUI CSS animations.
- Oleg Dolya has written about the
1.2.0release of One Page Dungeon Generator.
In case you missed it
- PogoGirl Devlog
#7: Pogo Splash & Swim by Ohsat Games.
- Petit Tracteur Bleu, “you are Little Blue Tractor and your goal is to find all the cows and bring them back home before night falls”, by Sébastien Bénard, created for his 2 year old son. Also available on itch.io.
- Oleg Dolya has released a new procedural generator called “Fantasy Manor” which produces top-down images of random fantasy manors, available on itch.io.
- Merrak has released their second video devlog for Rogue of Vallas - AI and debugging in Stencyl.
- Armorpaint - Angel Statue Tutorial video by ArmoryBlender.
- Adding collectables with Tiled Map editor to a HaxeFlixel game - Part 1 video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Adding collectables with Tiled Map editor to a HaxeFlixel game - Part 2 video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- The latest RPG Playground devlog videos:
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Alex Lanzetta has released Mirror Road which celebrates the release of “A Festival in Sand”, made with Haxe, Lime and grig.midi!
- How to add collisions to our Tiled Map Editor level in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Angel Statue painted in Armorpaint and rendered in Blender video by ArmoryBlender.
- Level Design in Rogue of Vallas devlog video by rlwatson.
- The HaxeIn 2020 playlist is already available!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Shiro Games will release their next update, the Clan of the Dragon for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on November 17th.
- Oded Rosenblatt has submitted their Ludum Dare entry, Donut Island, the final version, to Newgrounds. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- The next update to Dicey Dungeons will feature a Catalan translation.
In case you missed it
- Dicey Dungeons will be taking part in
#DigitalTabletopFeston Steam from the 21st till the 26th of October and will be
- Poor Thief! by Tom Brinton is out on iOS and Android.
- Fried Rich has released It rains which is a small forest simulation sandbox game on itch, made with Haxe and Heaps for a
- 100+ new secrets have been added to the Frog Fractions Hat DLC. via Jim Stormdancer.
- Sheepolution has remade game SNAKE SNAKE SNAKE with HaxeFlixel so that it can now be played in browser.
- Dead Cells Legacy update is out on iOS and Android.
- A game by its cover 2020 gogo space made by andretchen with Haxe, Heaps and Deepnight’s gamebase.
- LunaTechsDev has released the minimal map inventory and hot key customizer for rpgmaker.
- Spellbreak - Prologue: The Gathering Storm update release notes have been published, with the update coming to the Epic Games store, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Geforce Now soon.
- Haxe implementation of “The Ray Tracer Challenge” community showcase.
- With recent updates to the HaxeFlixel HaxeUI backend, Ian Harrigan has HaxeUI playing much better with cameras.
- Ian Harrigan has a GIF showing the Project panel in Haxe Studio and a preview showing the structure & outline view of Haxe Studio.
- Nanjizal awhile ago ported 3D WebGL texture to Haxe to better understand 2D textures, available on GitHub.
gitis a voxel engine by Daniel B made with Kha and Haxe.
0.14.7has been released.
0.4.1-betahas been released.
git- An RPGMakerMV/MZ plugin that lets you show multiple splash screens back to back.
git- A RPGMakerMV/MZ plugin that disables use of the standard menu.
0.6.0has been released.
git- Disassembler for Snekky binary files.
gitis a sample project showing how to call native C code on Kha.
- An example of a vector shader for HaxeFlixel which contains a matrix transform.
- Discwheel by Will Blanton made for disc room game jam 2020. Source code is available on GitHub.
[hxmath]Add Kha structures pull request.
1.3.0has been released, a CastleDB inspired structured data editor built inside VSCode.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Shadowlife is a school project by Daniel B.
- Discer3 by Snsvrno made with Haxe and Heaps for disc room game jam 2020.
- JanoGames is working on level 3 for Stage Dive. Get your mic back! 🎤
- Jeffrey Driver has mostly finished the title graphic for The Grand Grimoire Chronicles allowing him to continue writing the story. Made with Stencyl.
- MortMort created a game over two days inspired by Jump King meets typical mobile game. Made with Stencyl.
- Alex Lanzetta has ported Str1ngle game. Made with Lime.
- The new title screen from Caverns of Ksantarus by matzieq.
- Mauve has fixed the roller logic so they move at a constant rate and update cleaner.
- A little preview of Dungeon Pest Control by 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚒.
- Gamepopper has released Gigi Console.
- Ever write code and it works? by ty.
- Gepatto has HaxeFlixel working on a Rapsberry Pi 4 on x11.
- Episode 9 of Sheepolution’s 2-minute gamedev podcast with torcado.
- Andrej is working on making the pools of water in Go! Go! PogoGirl look a bit nicer. And an animation glitch.
- A couple of new GIFs from
WIPpuzzle game by Robert Alvarez:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
29~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
haxe.Int64instead of a class pull request.
In case you missed it
- Local variable might be uninitialized issue.
final var xparses successfully in expressions issue.
[hl]Skip compilation if no module has been changed merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!