in your projects. The downside is that you can’t use WebGL API with this backend. The upside is that the BunnyMark runs literally Caption this by Mark Knol.As you may remember from previous roundup, Dan Korostelev has shared his code for image previews for typed asset access in Haxe and VSCode. And now Pavel Alexandrov has adapted it for Heaps Res.Kaelan Evans has ported ParticleBreaker to Haxe, you can play it in browser.Colby Klein has made hashlink-exts
10x faster on Hugh Sanderson’s laptop, although on older iOS hardware. via NME gitter.
git is a Wren-lang parser implemented in Haxe by 'Damilare Darmie Akinlaja. oto
git - Shapes buggering you over.tankuki
git - It was my pet. now its yours.haxe-markdown-openfl-textfield
git - A Markdown parser in Haxe, targeting the OpenFL TextField class.feathersui-coconut-samples
git - Sample projects using Feathers UI and Coconut.heaps-aseprite
git - An Aseprite File Parser for Heaps.LunaDepotize
git - LunaTechs Depot Haxe integration for structured data support in Haxe when working with data.hiss
git - A minimal embedded Lisp for Haxe programs.Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- The Linerian Mouse Society 🐭 is getting some new decorations in Renaine.
- Luyren is testing 8-way movement from their Stencyl AI and Combat pack.
- Jérémy Fa has made a BunnyMark app for his Ceramic Engine, which doesn’t reflect real usage of the tech, but still useful to compare raw performance between iteration of the code.
- The shock troopers, Tankers, Grenadier, Gunner, Hunter, Striker and Support from Steel Seraph, who will be introduced in Act 4 on the space elevator.
- A little preview of Dungeon Pest Control by 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚒.
- AI fighting each other by Kenny Goff.
- How it started / how it’s going by mauve.
- Based on available triggers and actions, Syo can already do a simple runner in Tiled.
- Menu in The Grand Grimoire Chronicles by Jeffrey Driver is now
- Jérémy Fa is just messing around with low resolution abstract visuals in his generative creative coding art, available online to try out yourself.
- A couple of quick videos from
WIP puzzle game by Robert Alvarez:
LD47 “Stuck in a loop”
In case you missed it.
Some Library Releases
People & Projects to support
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
25~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Local variable might be uninitialized issue.
final var x parses successfully in expressions issue.
[hl] Skip compilation if no module has been changed merged.
ECast count when
fatalError occurs issue.
In case you missed it
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe and see the impact the latest changes have on each target by browsing the benchmarks site.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!