Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Proletariat CEO discusses the development of Spellbreak and what they’ve learned designing for players first.
- Better Binding in HaxeUI by Ian Harrigan.
- Village Generator
1.2.2: trees, islands, customizable palettes by Oleg Dolya.
- Vadim Dyachenko has made GameMaker extension which lets you dynamically load animated GIFs as sprites. It is based on Haxe format library. 👏
- Vadim Dyachenko has also released YYDebugView
git, which is a small tool for viewing code inside
.yydebugfiles generated by GameMaker when running from IDE. It is intended for code recovery. Check out the blog post for further details.
- Congratulations to Mark Knol on winning 14th place in overall and 9th place in mobile categories in js13kGames this year! 🏆
- Heaps.io vs OpenFL for portable 2D games?.
- What will be documented next? by Pavel Alexandrov
In case you missed it
- HaxeUI has a new website and getting started guide! Find more through the announcement thread!
- FeathersUI devlog: CalendarGrid, animated and programmatic skins, event metadata and navigator touch gestures.
- Create a GUI button with hxDefold tutorial by Sinh Nguyen.
- Collecting Details: Defender’s Quest 2 Progress for September 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- Shiro Games are going to be holding an AMA live on their Twitch channel on the 14th of October at 6.45pm CEST! If you’ve got any questions about their games, you can submit them.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Cayetano Gaming are looking for a remote Haxe Developer to join them.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Shiro Games are releasing a limited edition vinyl version of the Northgard soundtrack in the next few weeks. 🎶
- Lucas Pope has updated “Papers Please” for
64-bitsystems & added Chinese localization. It should be up on Steam/GOG/etc now or very soon. The last update was in 2014, one hundred million years ago.
- Tank doodles are now exportable as PNG by Oleg Dolya.
- Genie Quest: Aladdin Matching Game has been just released in Early Access. Made with Haxe, OpenFL & Starling.
In case you missed it
- Kaelan Evans is looking for some help with HxDoom
git. He’d like someone well versed in Heaps or Kha that can help make a rendering pipeline for a Doom engine.
- LEd, now with selections & copy! by Sébastien Bénard.
- Creative coding calendar by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Dan Korostelev has shared a small nicety he made recently: image previews for typed assets in Haxe and VS Code. Check out the demo repository.
git- This is a helper library for HAXE, it contains some target Agnostic/general purpose tools.
- Ian Harrigan continues his work on a custom Haxe IDE, which will have online & offline versions:
- Some “behind the HaxeIn 2020 scene” photos by Josefiene Pertosa:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Alex Lanzetta’s release of “A Festival in Sand” includes a fully programmed music video, written in Haxe and Lime.
- The Spaceport Alpha common area in Steel Seraph, where Seraphine meets allies who see her off to the orbital elevator for the final battle. Made in Stencyl.
- Luyren’s latest updates on their AI and Combat pack over on the Stencyl forums.
- Jefvel is mixing 3D models with 2D pixel art and reworking character rendering from plain stacked 2 sprites to sort of 3D. so it is possible to attach items dynamically and animate and rig them in 3D.
- Syo previews jitter sandbox moving based on two joints, made with Heaps & Nape. He is also working on a system of triggers.
- Who brings a tennis ball to a gig? A preview of JanoGames Stage Dive game, made with Stencyl.
- Fab is still messing about with Heaps.
- Lighting is fun in Croaking Hill, as always.
- Collecting keys and unlocking doors in
WIPpuzzle platformer by Robert Alvarez.
- The Current state of the
WIPbrowser 3D racing game by Ed Ryzhov, which he is planning to convert to hyper-casual game.
- The President of Space is working on some title screen and menu system for Caverns of Ksantarus.
- Andrej has been toying around with tiles that dampen your bounce force.
- tfw you need to make sure players figure out where to go by mauve. ❓
- New quick videos from Renaine:
In case you missed it.
- two tapes by Aurel and Eido Volta.
- Loop Invader by Alejandro Ramallo made with HaxeFlixel.
- Closed Circuit by Criobite with timelapse.
- Despairship by Bowl of Soup made with Heaps.
- Superposition by disktree and Michael Gerstl made with Armory3D.
- Friday Night Funkin’ by Ninja Muffin made with HaxeFlixel.
- Loop Heart by Vsio made with HaxeFlixel.
- Curly’s Chase by Dan Lin made with HaxeFlixel.
- ringtale by torcado made with Stencyl with timelapse.
- Car game by Daniel B made with Kha.
- Hands on Work by jefvel made with Heaps.
- Fort Loop by Sébastien Bénard made with Heaps.
- Chamber by Pedro Medeiros made with Heaps.
- Heaven Slash by Spitko and friends made with Heaps.
- Duplicafé by Veggie Donut made with Stencyl.
- “Donut Island” by Oded Rosenblatt. Check out the postjam version of the game with some major improvements.
- Pulsewave by BitDecayGames, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
11~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[format]Amf3 UTF8 fixes merged.
[eval]Adopt libuv draft pull request.
[cpp]Allow multiple include metadata entries pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!