Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- HaxeUI has a new website and getting started guide! Find more through the announcement thread!
- FeathersUI devlog: CalendarGrid, animated and programmatic skins, event metadata and navigator touch gestures.
- Create a GUI button with hxDefold tutorial by Sinh Nguyen.
- Collecting Details: Defender’s Quest 2 Progress for September 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- Shiro Games are going to be holding an AMA live on their Twitch channel on the 14th of October at 6.45pm CEST! If you’ve got any questions about their games, you can submit them.
In case you missed it
- LEd is an open-source 2D level editor for the indie dev community LEd
- Check out the LEd video by GameFromScratch and the thread on Hacker News.
- PogoGirl devlog
#6Springtime is Here! by Andrej.
WIP: Trees in Village Generator 🌳 by Oleg Dolya.
- API documentation for h2d is now finished, status update and wish-list box devlog by Pavel Alexandrov.
- A little devlog Twitter thread by Mauve and visual novel/adv game level++ quick video.
- Getters and setters in Haxe - Part 2 video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How to use Tiled Map Editor to create a level in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Armorpaint - Gun Timelapse video by ArmoryBlender.
- Make an end BOSS in your action RPG by RPG Playground.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- The first devlog video by Dave Doublee about
WIPturn-based RPG game being made with Stencyl.
- Making RPG’s with RPG Playground: Q&A by RPG Playground.
- Luyren Stencyl Devlog #3 - AI Showcase by Luyren.
- How to add gravity to a sprite and collisions in Haxeflixel - Part 1 video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How to add gravity to a sprite and collisions in Haxeflixel - Part 2 video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How getters and setters work in Haxe - Part 1 - Access identifiers video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Cayetano Gaming are looking for a remote Haxe Developer to join them.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- You can now pre-order Poor Thief on Android and iOS, a game made by Tom Brimstone and made in Stencyl.
- Shoot to Slide is a new game from Robert Alvarez with Stencyl, now available on itch.io and Newgrounds.
- Freeway Fury: Alien Annihilation made with HaxeFlixel is now available on Google Play.
In case you missed it
- Havana24 has released Hop Hop Miner, their entry for the
#vimjam, which is also their first game with procedural levels. Made in Stencyl.
- The ANNIVERSARIES update for Little Square Things by Gregory Seed is live on Steam.
- 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚒 has released GoGoSpace!.
- Vinnie’s Tomb: Chapter One is a faithful HTML5 recreation of Vinnie’s Tomb, a free game created by Reldni Productions and released in 1997 for Windows 95.
- two tapes by Aurel and Eido Volta.
- Loop Invader by Alejandro Ramallo made with HaxeFlixel.
- Closed Circuit by Criobite with timelapse.
- Despairship by Bowl of Soup made with Heaps.
- Superposition by disktree and Michael Gerstl made with Armory3D.
- Friday Night Funkin’ by Ninja Muffin made with HaxeFlixel.
- Loop Heart by Vsio made with HaxeFlixel.
- Curly’s Chase by Dan Lin made with HaxeFlixel.
- ringtale by torcado made with Stencyl with timelapse.
- Car game by Daniel B made with Kha.
- Hands on Work by jefvel made with Heaps.
- Fort Loop by Sébastien Bénard made with Heaps.
- Chamber by Pedro Medeiros made with Heaps.
- Heaven Slash by Spitko and friends made with Heaps.
- Duplicafé by Veggie Donut made with Stencyl.
- Matthijs Kamstra latest creative coding piece with a game controller part 2, a surprisingly fun and unexpected beautiful visuals.
git- Moving cameras targeting different sprites.
git- AS3 to Haxe converter by InnoGames.
git- Processing Port of LN, fogleman’s 3D-to-2D Rendering Engine.
gitis a new basic FPS example project by Spacemonster Interactive.
git(HaxeIn presentation stuff) by Matthijs Kamstra.
- GitHub Actions + Haxelib Publish
gittest by Endel Dreyer.
git(hyper-casual game written in Haxe using heaps) by Amir Rezai.
- Some screenshots from “Village Generator” by Oleg Dolya:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Top secret project 🕵️♀️ by Ian Harrigan. The idea is to be somewhere between
try.haxe.organd an online HaxeDevelop. Code completion is also working.
- Fab messing about with Heaps in this quick video.
- Check out the Orbital Elevator at Spaceport Alpha, where Act-4-A happens in Steel Seraph.
- Filippo Bodei shows an in game snapshot of this latest game GoGoSpace available on itch.io, made with HaxeFlixel.
- The President of Space shows the means of escape from Caverns Of Ksantarus, a game made with HaxeFlixel.
- Dodge TVs, plants, sheep and pint glasses in Jano Games Stage Dive, made with Stencyl.
- Robert Alvarez is working on a puzzle platformer with multiple characters.
- It didn’t take much effort to get Feathers UI working with HaxeFlixel.
- Ty couldn’t finish ldjam in time, but ended up with some cool mechanincs.
- Gameplay of the Trekked Desert from Renaine. And look, it’s a balloon!. 🎈
- Mauve has fixed the protagonist’s head proportions.
- Jeffrey Driver has added a context to the player so you can use that to get hints or access the map. And the menus for The Grand Grimoire Chronicles coming along nicely.
- Ustance got postprocessing back in Croaking Hill.
- A couple of screenshots from Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej:
- I added something to the HUD…wonder what it could mean?
- A couple of quick videos from game prototype by Gioele Bencivenga:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
14~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing this week.