Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- LEd is an open-source 2D level editor for the indie dev community LEd
- Check out the LEd video by GameFromScratch and the thread on Hacker News.
- PogoGirl devlog
#6Springtime is Here! by Andrej.
WIP: Trees in Village Generator 🌳 by Oleg Dolya.
- API documentation for h2d is now finished, status update and wish-list box devlog by Pavel Alexandrov.
- A little devlog Twitter thread by Mauve and visual novel/adv game level++ quick video.
In case you missed it
- Welcome to Kinc & Kha GitHub Discussions.
- The Little Things in Games article by Andrej from Ohsat Games for Go! Go! PogoGirl.
- Combat Update: Signatures & Stuns devlog
v0.20by Double Turn Games.
- Spellbreak Reddit AMA with the gamedevs.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.8.0: new buildings, improved UI by Oleg Dolya. Plus a short interview with Oleg.
- Spellbreak’s latest set of stats, 5 millions players, 4 million hours watched on Twitch, 4 million messages in the Discord server and 25 billion spell damage done!
- The latest Haxe propaganda via Justin Donaldson and Alexander Hohlov.
- The first devlog video by Dave Doublee about
WIPturn-based RPG game being made with Stencyl.
- Making RPG’s with RPG Playground: Q&A by RPG Playground.
- Luyren Stencyl Devlog #3 - AI Showcase by Luyren.
- How to add gravity to a sprite and collisions in Haxeflixel - Part 1 video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How to add gravity to a sprite and collisions in Haxeflixel - Part 2 video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How getters and setters work in Haxe - Part 1 - Access identifiers video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Cayetano Gaming are looking for a remote Haxe Developer to join them.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Havana24 has released Hop Hop Miner, their entry for the
#vimjam, which is also their first game with procedural levels. Made in Stencyl.
- The ANNIVERSARIES update for Little Square Things by Gregory Seed is live on Steam.
- 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚒 has released GoGoSpace!.
- Vinnie’s Tomb: Chapter One is a faithful HTML5 recreation of Vinnie’s Tomb, a free game created by Reldni Productions and released in 1997 for Windows 95.
In case you missed it
- IriySoft have released the 3rd instalment from the Moto Maniac series, this time you ride through the forest and a bear is chasing you… 🚴♀️🐻 made with OpenFL.
- Poor Thief! is coming to Android in October! Made in Stencyl.
- Little Square Things pre-Anniversaries update by Gregory Reed.
- Darksburg the city sprawling, zombie infested, co-op roguelike is complete and has now left Early Access and entered
1.0with a ton of new features, improvements and content! Get
50%off via Steam!
git- A lightweight G-code generation framework in Haxe.
git- Use JS codes & libraries in your native OpenFL Android apps by Sinh Nguyen.
git- Haxe→Three.js type definitions by disktree.
- How to display Haxe errors in the Defold console GitHub readme by Sinh Nguyen.
- Matthijs Kamstra’s presentation for the HaxeIn 2020 is going good!
- Use nodes to control layer masks in ArmorPaint.
- And painting translucency in the upcoming ArmorPaint ray-tracing update.
- Everyone’s making an ECS, so here’s another one by Aidan Lee.
- LEd in Flixel code sample.
- Austin East has added slopes and custom shapes to echo’s tilemap generator.
- FlxEcho.hx: Quick Flixel <-> Echo integration.
- Looks like Hugh Sanderson is working on Metal backend for NME.
- Antriel created a repository phaser3-hx
- Pavel Alexandrov is implementing text appearance effects for RichText from Heeps (which is Pavel’s advanced Heaps extension library).
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- The Renaine team is proud to announce Bees! 🐝
- Shiro Games has made it possible for you to upload your own custom translations for Northgard to the Steam Workshop!
- Take a listen to “Cave Theme” from Poor Thief, made with Stencyl and available for Pre-order for iOS.
- Sinh Nguyen previews their Defold and Haxe powered game with their newly commissioned art.
- 1speed has released a demo of their adventure game about ghosts and… some other stuff… onto itch.io called Croaking Hill, made with Kha. 👻
- Vsio implements UI for mouse input in stage selection for KelinKelilin, made with HaxeFlixel.
- The senseless death of the Death Star by Syo made with Heaps, with a plan to publish a build onto itch.io. The project will allow for customization, partly as it is being made using Tiled.
- Bad candy in Leapin Lads by Cory Martin.
- Destroying the laser barriers in puzzle Stencyl game by Robert Alvarez.
- Who wants some Haxe cookies?
- Doors 🚪 transition by ty.
- Jamming with a PS4 controller turned into a music instrument by Jérémy Fa. Would anybody be interested in a downloadable app to do this with your own PS4 controller?
- Who brings a sheep to a gig? by JanoGames.
- Some progress again on In-Game UI… by tizilogic.
- Screenshots and quick videos from The Grand Grimoire Chronicles by Jeffrey Driver:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[jvm]Strange behaviour with a conditional fixed.