Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Welcome to Kinc & Kha GitHub Discussions.
- The Little Things in Games article by Andrej from Ohsat Games for Go! Go! PogoGirl.
- Combat Update: Signatures & Stuns devlog
v0.20by Double Turn Games.
- Spellbreak Reddit AMA with the gamedevs.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.8.0: new buildings, improved UI by Oleg Dolya. Plus a short interview with Oleg.
- Spellbreak’s latest set of stats, 5 millions players, 4 million hours watched on Twitch, 4 million messages in the Discord server and 25 billion spell damage done!
- The latest Haxe propaganda via Justin Donaldson and Alexander Hohlov.
In case you missed it
- How to add sprite sheet animations in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- What is an Enum and why use them in Haxe? video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- RPG Playground will do a YouTube live Q&A, coming Saturday at 17:00 UTC.
- HxDoom Heaps test by Kaelan Evans.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Cayetano Gaming are looking for a remote Haxe Developer to join them.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- IriySoft have released the 3rd instalment from the Moto Maniac series, this time you ride through the forest and a bear is chasing you… 🚴♀️🐻 made with OpenFL.
- Poor Thief! is coming to Android in October! Made in Stencyl.
- Little Square Things pre-Anniversaries update by Gregory Reed.
- Darksburg the city sprawling, zombie infested, co-op roguelike is complete and has now left Early Access and entered
1.0with a ton of new features, improvements and content! Get
50%off via Steam!
In case you missed it
- Mantengase al tanto is a prototype of a serious game about HIV available on
itch.io. By baku from Haxe discord server.
- Its About The Journey steam store page has been published by MortMort, made in Stencyl.
- Double Kick Heroes has crossed 50k players!
- Shiro Games announces that Northgard has sold 2 million units!
- Spellbreak has posted their roadmap with info on upcoming patches, new features, the chapter system, modes, guilds and more!
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.9is out now on Steam and Itch! Featuring Japanese and Welsh translations, lots of new remix rules and lots of other little improvements! By Terry Cavanagh. 🎲
- Golf Zero is another Stencyl game on consoles!
- A new release of RPG Playground! Choose the appearance (sprite) of any character using actions.
- Vasco has released a beta version of Freeway Fury: Alien Annihilation on Google Play, made with HaxeFlixel.
- LunaTechsDev announced 4 additional RPGMaker plugins made with Haxe!
- Two Alakajam! games made with Haxe:
- Ian Harrigan has shared a cool UI proof of concept created in HaxeUI.
0.1.7-alphahas been released.
git- Little pure Haxe cross-platform BigInt implementation.
git- A port of phaser from js to haxe for native exports.
git- A simplified input library for Kha.
git- Interactive minimal art with
git- Dependency version switch for lix package manager.
git- Temporary repo while Red.js is moved from TypeScript to Haxe.
git- Haxe Externs for tslog a beautiful logging experience for Node.js
- Matthijs Kamstra has cleaned-up and added some ❤ to his Gamepad demo.
- Creative Coding with a game controller by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Matthijs Kamstra now has to change this mess into an Haxe presentation and work on the last creative coding goal.
- A short video of the Luna Mouse System plugin working in RPGMaker MV and MZ.
- THWORD an open source word game ported to Haxe
4, via Glasir Games.
- Live material node preview, new blur node and a boatload of bug fixes now in the latest ArmorPaint builds.
- Ian Harrigan is working on an update for KodeGarden:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- NPCs in Renaine now have animated dialogue box backgrounds.
- Vsio shares a preview of the pixel art character thumbnail in KelinKelilin’s title screen, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Filippo Bodei previews his
#agbicentry made with HaxeFlixel.
- In Steel Seraph, the third and final bonus weapon stage is almost complete. Made in Stencyl.
- Havana24 is working on their
#vimjamentry and just needs to make it procedural. Made in Stencyl.
- Jefvel shows equipping items is important so the soldiers can fight good, in their Heaps powered game.
- Happy Autumn! from Leapin Lads By Cory Martin.
- Here’s a platforming penguin 🐧 by Xoidal. Made with Kha.
- Some new screenshots from
WIPpuzzle game by mauve:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
15~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
@:noDocon fields merged.