Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.1.4has been released!
- Mark Knol has written a post mortem about his
#js13kgame “You Have Found” built with Haxe.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#5: SAGE Aftermath by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- FeathersUI backend for
In case you missed it
- Haxe Toolkit plugin
v1.3.1for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and other JetBrains products is now available!
- Dan Ogles, Director of Gameplay at Proletariat Inc, talks about Spellbreak being written with Haxe.
- Spellbreak has 2 million players, 5 days after launch!
- Switching to a new Tech Stack by tizilogic.
- Perilous Shores
1.0.2: tags, dunes and improved UI by Oleg Dolya.
- Path-traced viewport and ray-traced baking in ArmorPaint now runs on both Direct3D12 and Vulkan, Windows and Linux, Nvidia and the upcoming AMD cards.
- LunaTechs MV/MZ Plugins & Tools by LunaTechsDev.
- Why Haxe was used for the indie battle royale game Spellbreak video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How to make sprites move with the keyboard controls in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- How to add/load a 2D sprite to a game in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- When to use Singletons video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- OSS Development Livestreaming recording by Thomas J. Webb from Osaka Red LLC.
- Bitesize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 1 video.
- BiteSize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 2: Basic 2D Stuff video.
- BiteSize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 3.1: Flappy Bird video.
- BiteSize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 3.2: Flappy Bird video.
- Genie Quest - Trailer - A match 3 game that is made entirely with Starling/OpenFL. This game is in soft launch currently.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Mantengase al tanto is a prototype of a serious game about HIV available on
itch.io. By baku from Haxe discord server.
- Its About The Journey steam store page has been published by MortMort, made in Stencyl.
- Double Kick Heroes has crossed 50k players!
- Shiro Games announces that Northgard has sold 2 million units!
- Spellbreak has posted their roadmap with info on upcoming patches, new features, the chapter system, modes, guilds and more!
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.9is out now on Steam and Itch! Featuring Japanese and Welsh translations, lots of new remix rules and lots of other little improvements! By Terry Cavanagh. 🎲
- Golf Zero is another Stencyl game on consoles!
- A new release of RPG Playground! Choose the appearance (sprite) of any character using actions.
- Vasco has released a beta version of Freeway Fury: Alien Annihilation on Google Play, made with HaxeFlixel.
- LunaTechsDev announced 4 additional RPGMaker plugins made with Haxe!
In case you missed it
- Austin East introduces Wet Jet Racing, an extreme jet ski racer and a game made for
- Go! Go! PogoGirl demo is available. It features 3 levels and lots of bouncing!
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.9is going to be released on the 14th of September. via Terry Cavanagh.
- Poor Thief! To win, you must die by Tom Brinton is coming to iOS October 15th and available for preorder.
- Nanjizal has ported the JS WebGL example to Haxe.
- Ian Harrigan has been giving the HaxeUI HaxeFlixel backend a little needed love. It now integrates into HaxeFlixel better and comes with a face-lift.
- PXShadow shows off an updated benchmark for weblink, a Hashlink powered libuv server, which is already faster than the NodeJS libraries Express & Fastify.
- Kaelan has ported Doom’s Fixed point typed to Haxe.
- Oleg Dolya is trying out a new algorithm for cutting blocks into lots / buildings for their procedural city generator. 🏰
0.4.0has been released.
git- This is a tiny haxe engine for making tiny HTML5 games! It’s loosely inspired by Pico 8, and aims to provide similar functionality!
git- Haxe externs for uWebSockets.
git- Haxe externs for chokidar, a neat wrapper around Node.js
FSEventsin a type safe manner and with the power of Haxe.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Jefvel shows off team select and fighting till death in their Haxe Heaps powered game.
- The little battle dudes in Jefvel’s Haxe Heap game and the pink guys won the game.
- Vikkio has finally managed to spend some time on their sailing simulator, written in Haxe & Heaps, by implementing a timed race track.
- Filippo Bodei previews his work in-progress GoGoSpace entry for
#agbicmade with HaxeFlixel.
- Renaine previews The Krakling Krew in the first cutscene where Aine encounters them.
- Lasers can either be destroyed or blocked in
WIPpuzzle game by Robert Alvarez.
- Vsio NeithR has implemented stage selection to level selection and vice versa in KelinKelilin.
- The ANNIVERSARIES update for Little Square Things is on track, with some tweaks, new pieces, and (so far) 16 more levels! More to come on the 29th.
- Kenny Goff is working on a training mode for Double Turn.
- This akai fire screen took Jeremy Meltingtallow a while to figure out but he is one step closer to a custom renoise controller. And Lua target makes it easy to call enoise specific code.
- Joaquin Bello still need to add a lot of stuff, but its always nice to add some kind of finish art.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
17~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
hx-lua-simdjsonfor Lua JSON parsing merged.
In case you missed it
- Method closure sameness discussion.
- Per-thread event loop has been merged.
--no-inlineis broken issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!