Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Toolkit plugin
v1.3.1for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and other JetBrains products is now available!
- Dan Ogles, Director of Gameplay at Proletariat Inc, talks about Spellbreak being written with Haxe.
- Spellbreak has 2 million players, 5 days after launch!
- Switching to a new Tech Stack by tizilogic.
- Perilous Shores
1.0.2: tags, dunes and improved UI by Oleg Dolya.
- Path-traced viewport and ray-traced baking in ArmorPaint now runs on both Direct3D12 and Vulkan, Windows and Linux, Nvidia and the upcoming AMD cards.
- LunaTechs MV/MZ Plugins & Tools by LunaTechsDev.
In case you missed it
- Double Turn Combat Experiment
#3Devlog: Signature Rework.
- Some questions about
onGenerateand custom targets.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#4: Road to SAGE 2020 by Andrej.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress for August 2020: Electric Four Square by Lars Doucet.
- Armory Digest September 2020 edition is out!
- LunaSense - RPGMakerMV/MZ Intellisense announcement thread by Kino Rose.
- A couple of Patreon posts by Oleg Dolya:
- How to add/load a 2D sprite to a game in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- When to use Singletons video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- OSS Development Livestreaming recording by Thomas J. Webb from Osaka Red LLC.
- Bitesize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 1 video.
- BiteSize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 2: Basic 2D Stuff video.
- BiteSize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 3.1: Flappy Bird video.
- BiteSize Heaps.io Tutorial Part 3.2: Flappy Bird video.
- Genie Quest - Trailer - A match 3 game that is made entirely with Starling/OpenFL. This game is in soft launch currently.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej will be at SAGE 2020 September 5th-12th. ⏳
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Austin East introduces Wet Jet Racing, an extreme jet ski racer and a game made for
- Go! Go! PogoGirl demo is available. It features 3 levels and lots of bouncing!
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.9is going to be released on the 14th of September. via Terry Cavanagh.
- Poor Thief! To win, you must die by Tom Brinton is coming to iOS October 15th and available for preorder.
In case you missed it
- Double Kick Heroes - The METAL Rhythm Shooter is now live on Xbox One & the Windows 10 store 🤘.
- Make More Views has been released (in French, English soon), a free to play game on iOS & Android made with Haxe & Ceramic Engine.
- Edu Alonso has stealthily released his shmup practice game made with HaxeFlixel onto itch.io.
- Robert Alvarez has released Color Count, his newest puzzle game, now available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made with Stencyl.
- Darksburg will be leaving Early Access and officially releasing into
1.0on the 23rd of September. Watch Official Release Announcement trailer.
- Spellbreak by Proletariat Inc. launches on September 3, 2020 on PS4, PC, Xbox, and Switch! Watch Official Launch Cinematic Trailer. And celebrate the launch with the team during a full day of live streaming from 11AM-11PM EDT.
[tink_state]Version 1 merged.
- PXShadow has released Weblink
git, which links Hashlink to the web as a HTTP server. Also check out the early benchmarks.
git- Like a Promise you can Pause.
git- A mocking library for Haxe.
git- Haxe externs for prompts by inc0der
git- Aiming to be Cairo bindings for Hashlink repository.
git- Ball bounce game made with Heaps.
- A minimum Heaps project to play around with Firedancer by FAL.
- FAL has also added some more Firedancer examples.
- Auto-layers are coming in next LEd update (not released yet).
- Open Source Game Code for OpenFL projects.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Juriën Meerlo is working on a small puzzle game where you connect power to lights.
- Vsio is implementing stage selection in their KelinKelin game made with HaxeFlixel.
- Michael Bickel is testing his platform and components for his future Haxe drone swarm brain. 🧠
- Benny Heller released a demo of a little infinite-runner metroidvania “Arachnowopunk”.
- Robert Alvarez has started working on a puzzle game where you shoot to slide:
- Some quick videos by tizilogic:
- Procrastinating just a little bit…
- It was empty w/o platforms… had to be done…
- Custom slider widget.
- Starting to connect the visual widgets with functionality… slider can slide!
- In-game UI just got INCEPTION like capabilities: Frames, that can be nested inside other frames and scrolled through individually.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
26~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Method closure sameness discussion.
- Per-thread event loop has been merged.
--no-inlineis broken issue.
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!