Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Double Turn Combat Experiment
#3Devlog: Signature Rework.
- Some questions about
onGenerateand custom targets.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#4: Road to SAGE 2020 by Andrej.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress for August 2020: Electric Four Square by Lars Doucet.
- Armory Digest September 2020 edition is out!
- LunaSense - RPGMakerMV/MZ Intellisense announcement thread by Kino Rose.
- A couple of Patreon posts by Oleg Dolya:
In case you missed it
- Custom Actor Behaviour’s - RPG Playground
0.46DevLog by RPG Playground.
- Setting up your first game in HaxeFlixel - Part 3 - Automatically rebuilding the game on file save video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Setting up your first game in HaxeFlixel - Part 4 - Finishing up video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej will be at SAGE 2020 September 5th-12th.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Double Kick Heroes - The METAL Rhythm Shooter is now live on Xbox One & the Windows 10 store 🤘.
- Make More Views has been released (in French, English soon), a free to play game on iOS & Android made with Haxe & Ceramic Engine.
- Edu Alonso has stealthily released his shmup practice game made with HaxeFlixel onto itch.io.
- Robert Alvarez has released Color Count, his newest puzzle game, now available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made with Stencyl.
- Darksburg will be leaving Early Access and officially releasing into
1.0on the 23rd of September. Watch Official Release Announcement trailer.
- Spellbreak by Proletariat Inc. launches on September 3, 2020 on PS4, PC, Xbox, and Switch! Watch Official Launch Cinematic Trailer. And celebrate the launch with the team during a full day of live streaming from 11AM-11PM EDT.
In case you missed it
- How to make your first game in HaxeFlixel course, available on Udemy by Richard Oliver Bray. 👨🏫
- Ultimate Mini Golf Universe is now playable in the Nickelodeon App created by Workinman.
- A lot of new content is coming to Dead Cells on mobile! 👏
- Soulink made by Daniel B for 1 week game jam made with Kha, poly2trihx, differ and the Kha spriter runtime.
- Dimitri Pomier is making progress with out of the box compatibility of the Haxe compiler-plugin & ecso with the official Haxe builds using GitHub Actions.
- FAL released Firedancer
v0.1.0- a Haxe based language for defining 2D shmup bullethell patterns. See examples.
- A peak at a slide for Lewis Lepton’s talk for HaxeIn 2020.
- LEd (generic 2D level editor) by Sébastien Bénard was updated to Alpha 4, with tons of fixes, polish & love. It features an auto-updater so you won’t miss any future update. It’s available for free with tutorials & documentation.
- Lubos Lenco has released Armory
- Kaelan Evans is working on a wiki for HxDoom and is looking for feedback.
- A toy programming language by Senk Ju written in Haxe called Snekky, with its source available on GitHub.
gitis a custom g2 extension for Kha to draw shapes using Signed distance fields.
git- Graphical User Experience Framework.
git- Attempt at solving the Project Euler problems.
git- Cairo + Pango + Hashlink: Adds Pango and Cairo functions for text rendering to Hashlink.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- StateGo’s successfully converting C# to Haxe and out to C# & C++ with a Cs2hx tool.
- ty previews a HaxeFlixel powered prototype for a fishing rhythm game.
- GlassySundew’s Heaps powered pixel art preview.
- Dmitry Hryppa finding time to develop his pet project.
- Syo is using a markdown based dialog system allowing him to quickly test directly in VSCode or on GitHub.
- Matzieq continues to work on the minimap for Caverns of Ksantarus with HaxeFlixel and has also published their first devlog over on YouTube.
- Caribou shows a weird controller experiment, an old unfinished project.
- Joseph Azar Heaps exploratory creative coding demo.
- Some great progress on the
#gbjamproject by Austin East.
- Trail debugging in
WIPracing game by Ed Ryzhov.
- Quick video of a game made by Kha by tizilogic.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[tink_state] Attempt to optimize subscription & update benchmark merged. Appears to be twice as fast as MobX.
[heaps]Multi-texture support for 2D batch renderers (SpriteBatch, TileGroup and Graphics) pull request by Pavel Alexandrov has been merged.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
11~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
In case you missed it
sys.thread.Threaddoes not work for main thread fixed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!