Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Feathers UI
alpha.3for OpenFL has been released! The result of converting an existing Flex app to Feathers UI. 🎉
WIP: Regional Maps devlog by Oleg Dolya. 🗺
In case you missed it
- Setting up your first game in HaxeFlixel Part 2 - Using the lix game jam template repo video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Using the compilation server in Haxe to drastically speed up compilation times video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- 5 Reasons why I enjoy using HaxeFlixel and why you should give it a try video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Create RPG’s on Android, iPhone & iPad with RPG Playground. RPG Playground’s YouTube channel has reached 400 subscribers, so 5 new dog characters have been released.
- Armorpaint | Hydrant - Getting Started #0 by ArmoryBlender.
- Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej will be at SAGE 2020 September 5th-12th.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- How to make your first game in HaxeFlixel course, available on Udemy by Richard Oliver Bray. 👨🏫
- Ultimate Mini Golf Universe is now playable in the Nickelodeon App created by Workinman.
- A lot of new content is coming to Dead Cells on mobile! 👏
- Soulink made by Daniel B for 1 week game jam made with Kha, poly2trihx, differ and the Kha spriter runtime.
In case you missed it
- Bitmapkid has released kurushi to itch.io for
#LOWRESJAM2020. Check out the devlog for in-depth details.
- HotDog 64 made for
#LOWREZJAM2020 using HaxeFlixel, FMOD, FL Studio and Pyxel Edit.
- Alex Lanzetta has released the Haxe port of A.R.B.F.
- 100 vacas by Edu Alonso is now available for purchase with a
- StateGo, a visual programming tool has added support for Haxe. Check out their sample project on GitHub.
- Even the Ocean originally made with HaxeFlixel has been ported by Ratalaika Games to game consoles: PlayStation 4, XBox One and Switch.
gittype definitions have been updated to three.js
git- Virtual machine for Firedancer, a Haxe based language for bullet hell.
git- A simple logging facade for Haxe.
git- An abstract 2D game engine.
- Osaka Red LLC has updated https://grig.tech website with tutorials and a demo. 🎹
- Dan Korostelev has created a repo for coconut.flash
git, an experimental Flash/OpenFL backend for coconut.ui.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Jonas Nyström previews his work in progress, interactive music LMS aimed at choir singers, created with MVCoconut, Firebase & Tailwind CSS.
- Fedellen previews the updated look of their spooky little sorceress project. Made in Stencyl.
- Filippo Bodei previews the new module system which allows easy creation of new weapons in Drones.
- Some squares need to be flipped once before their colour can be changed in Color Count by Robert Alvarez.
- Vsio NeithR is still refactoring some of level selection code.
- Do you trust this platform? in Go! Go! PogoGirl! by Andrej. Turns out you shouldn’t!
- Mauve is rather pleased with how this puzzle’s optional challenge came out.
- A new quick video from
WIPgame by GlassySundew.
- Healer/Buffer preview zones during defender placement in Defenders Quest 2 by Lars Doucet.
- Few quick videos from DeNaves by Edu Alonso:
- A few quick videos from Stage Dive by Jano Games:
- Some news about Dicey Dungeons updates:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add notation for native optional arguments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
15~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
sys.thread.Threaddoes not work for main thread fixed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!