Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Instrument: The new coverage and profiling library announcement thread by Alexander Blum!
- An interview with Sébastien Bénard: Fin de Twinoid : « il n’y a plus d’envie pour du jeu web ».
- Call for Developers: Remaining Items for OpenFL 9 by Joshua Granick.
- Hscript with classes aka “hscript-ex” by Ian Harrigan.
- A couple of diagrams from Game Maker’s Toolkit survey results (they’ve asked developers of 5,400 game jam games):
In case you missed it
- New release of PRG Playground: 5 extra characters: dragons and skeleton. Copy maps functionality was also added. 5 bonus characters when PRG Playground’s YouTube channel reaches 400 subscribers! So subscribe now!
- How to use the reflect API to change objects in Haxe video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Haxe Beginner’s Tutorial #6 - Booleans and Comparisons video with source code available on GitHub.
- Heaps Tutorial - Compiling Hashlink C code to an Executable video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Justin Mills is looking for remote or UK (West Country) developer role.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Alexander Gordeyko is looking for a job.
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Fedor Strelkov is looking for someone to port a car racing test app from AS3 to Haxe/OpenFL.
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- A bounty to port junkbyte’s
flash-consoleto OpenFL for
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Lops by Marcos Donnantuoni.
- Kikker is a puzzle game made by Voskip with HaxeFlixel, about a frog returning the colours to its pond after they were stolen by a witch.
- Check out Hugh Sanderson’s novel Five-by-5 card came on the Google play store, - a mashup between Solitaire and Match-3 (but harder). Made with Haxe and NME.
In case you missed it
- Why Can’t I Hold All These Upgrades!? made by Naomi and Tim Hely for
#GMTKJam, using HaxeFlixel.
- MONOLITH was created in 24hrs for
#GMTKJam2020 by Jake Milner (a.k.a bitmapkid) using HaxeFlixel.
- Dead Cells 19th update is ready to download for all consoles, and the next one isn’t very far away…
- Paths made with OpenFL by Marcos Donnantuoni.
- Trilateral3 texture kiwi test by Nanjizal.
- Malody Hoe been working on binding physx into Haxe/HXCPP.
- Sébastien Bénard is continuing his work on L-Ed
git, a generic 2D level editor for Haxe. It’s now possible to directly import one of your HX files in the editor to use the Enums declared in it. Here is the loaded HX source file. He’ll also support CastleDB import and ExpDB from Kevin Leung.
- The first version of the HaxeUI theme
haxeui-theme-materialis available on HaxeLib, take a look at the preview.
gitand hxspine-g4-playground by David Klein.
- Work in progress drag/drop support for
#MVCoconutby Kevin Leung.
git: Haxe→Three.js type definitions have been upgraded to three.js
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- In development brushes coming to Realmkit, a tool for illustrating, designing and generating fictional worlds by Daniel B. Made with Haxe, Kha and HaxeUI.
- The lad gallery UI from Leapin Lads by Cory Martin.
- Tomasz Kwiatek is working on SVG import to box2d. Concave polygons are separated on runtime.
- The team behind Stencyl are working on code reload implementation for their engine.
- New wrestler palettes in Double Turn.
- President of Space has switched to HaxeFlixel for development of Caverns of Xantarus.
- Abstract_Panic from 1speed studio is implementing 2d lighting for their
WIPgame “Croaking Hill”. And already integrated it into the game editor.
- A couple of GIFs by Luyren:
- A couple of quick videos from Stage Dive by JanoGames:
- A couple of GIFs from Robert Alvarez:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
or()functions pull request.
[Kinc]Improve Vulkan backend merged.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
65~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Fix comparing underlying recursive type in variance unification merged.
- Refactor operator handling merged.
- Threading API for the Python target merged.
@:usingon typedefs merged.
- Rework unary operator handling merged.
[abstracts]Add support for constructor forwarding with
@:buildon typedef is not allowed fixed.
- Detailed explanation of the recent
@:transitiveabstracts changes, type variance and interfaces. 📝
In case you missed it
unify_with_variancefor abstracts merged.
[abstracts]Fix implicit direct cast applicability check merged.
[typer]Fix transitive casts in static extension unification merged.
[abstracts]Change handling of transitive casts merged. 📝
- Check overload accessibility merged.
selftyping is broken fixed.
[abstracts]Fix unification of abstracts and constraints merged.
- Add ability to increase priority of
@:usingextension pull request. 📝
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!