Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.1.3has been released!
- The Armory Digest - July 2020 issue is now out!
- The h2d API docs update by Pavel Alexandrov.
- Double Turn
v0.19: Profiles and Palettes by Kenny Goff.
In case you missed it
- The using keyword / static extensions in Haxe video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Justin Mills is looking for remote or UK (West Country) developer role.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Alexander Gordeyko is looking for a job.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Fedor Strelkov is looking for someone to port a car racing test app from AS3 to Haxe/OpenFL.
- A bounty to port junkbyte’s
flash-consoleto OpenFL for
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Why Can’t I Hold All These Upgrades!? made by Naomi and Tim Hely for
#GMTKJam, using HaxeFlixel.
- MONOLITH was created in 24hrs for
#GMTKJam2020 by Jake Milner (a.k.a bitmapkid) using HaxeFlixel.
- Dead Cells 19th update is ready to download for all consoles, and the next one isn’t very far away…
- Paths made with OpenFL by Marcos Donnantuoni.
- Nanjizal is getting closer to texture.
- Lewis Lepton is preparing slides for his HaxeIn talk.
- Testing the animation editor by Jérémy Fa. And you can try the editor right in your browser!
- Kaelan Evans has opened his Haxe Doom
gitproject to collaborators.
- It happened: new s2d Camera implementation by Pavel Alexandrov has been merged into
- Sébastien Bénard has created led-haxe-api
githas been updated to support Haxe 4.
git- Haxe Connect SDK for the CloudBlue Connect Platform.
git- A web-based digital logic simulator.
git- Experimental Game Database.
git- Haxe library to play with Creatures 3/DS genetics.
- Couple of
WIPscreenshots from City Painter by Oleg Dolya:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Ta-dam! managed to cover basic things by lampysprites.
- Experimenting with rhythm stuff by ty made with HaxeFlixel.
- This is how you should write your code in this pandemic times.
- Robert Alvarez is working on more levels for a post-jam version of Consumable Controls.
- JanoGames has made some more progress on Stage Div.
- Work in progress of a boss-like enemy that will be featured in my upcoming AI and Combat Stencyl resource pack by Luyren.
- GIF showing level editor made with Kha for Croaking Hill by 1speed studio.
- IriySoft has ported Takeover to HTML5 with OpenFL! The mobile build is coming soon.
- New GIFs and screenshots from
WIPturn based puzzle game by mauve:
- Couple of quick videos from
WIP“Go! Go! PogoGirl” game by Andrej:
- Couple of new GIFs from Heck Deck by torcado:
- Defender’s Quest 2 progress tweets by Lars Doucet:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
44~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
unify_with_variancefor abstracts merged.
[abstracts]Fix implicit direct cast applicability check merged.
[typer]Fix transitive casts in static extension unification merged.
[abstracts]Change handling of transitive casts merged. 📝
- Check overload accessibility merged.
selftyping is broken fixed.
[abstracts]Fix unification of abstracts and constraints merged.
- Add ability to increase priority of
@:usingextension pull request. 📝
In case you missed it
- Can’t bind extern inline function issue.
- Sqlite specification, fixes and tests merged.
[js]Inline StringMap iterators merged.
[abstracts]Code style changes for abstract unify functions merged.
[abstracts]Change handling of transitive casts pull request.
abstractmodifier on classes and methods pull request.
- Class flags merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!