Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News and Articles
4.1.3has been released!
- The Armory Digest - July 2020 issue is now out!
- The h2d API docs update by Pavel Alexandrov.
- Double Turn
v0.19: Profiles and Palettes by Kenny Goff.
In case you missed it
- The type inference mystery novel part 2. Will Detective Haxe redeem himself and overcome his inner demons?
v1.1has been released by Ian Harrigan. Lots of bug fixes and some new components!
Videos & Music
- The using keyword / static extensions in Haxe video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Using the
finalkeyword in Haxe video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Check out the Haxe Beginners Tutorial series on YouTube and the series source code available on GitHub.
Upcoming Events & Talks
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- With Matthijs Kamstra and Lewis Lepton planning on submitting talk proposals.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
Job Offers & Bounties
- Justin Mills is looking for remote or UK (West Country) developer role.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Alexander Gordeyko is looking for a job.
- MY.GAMES (Moscow, Russia) are looking for Haxe programmer to work on UI system for their new game project Warface: Breakout.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Fedor Strelkov is looking for someone to port a car racing test app from AS3 to Haxe/OpenFL.
- A bounty to port junkbyte’s
flash-consoleto OpenFL for
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
Product Releases & Announcements
- Why Can’t I Hold All These Upgrades!? made by Naomi and Tim Hely for
#GMTKJam, using HaxeFlixel.
- MONOLITH was created in 24hrs for
#GMTKJam2020 by Jake Milner (a.k.a bitmapkid) using HaxeFlixel.
- Dead Cells 19th update is ready to download for all consoles, and the next one isn’t very far away…
- Paths made with OpenFL by Marcos Donnantuoni.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
Previews & Demos
- Nanjizal is getting closer to texture.
- Lewis Lepton is preparing slides for his HaxeIn talk.
- Testing the animation editor by Jérémy Fa. And you can try the editor right in your browser!
- Kaelan Evans has opened his Haxe Doom
gitproject to collaborators.
- It happened: new s2d Camera implementation by Pavel Alexandrov has been merged into
- Sébastien Bénard has created led-haxe-api
githas been updated to support Haxe 4.
git- Haxe Connect SDK for the CloudBlue Connect Platform.
git- A web-based digital logic simulator.
git- Experimental Game Database.
git- Haxe library to play with Creatures 3/DS genetics.
- Couple of
WIPscreenshots from City Painter by Oleg Dolya:
- City Painter very early
- City Painter still very far from being useful.
- City Painter very early
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Ta-dam! managed to cover basic things by lampysprites.
- Experimenting with rhythm stuff by ty made with HaxeFlixel.
- This is how you should write your code in this pandemic times.
- Robert Alvarez is working on more levels for a post-jam version of Consumable Controls.
- JanoGames has made some more progress on Stage Div.
- Work in progress of a boss-like enemy that will be featured in my upcoming AI and Combat Stencyl resource pack by Luyren.
- GIF showing level editor made with Kha for Croaking Hill by 1speed studio.
- IriySoft has ported Takeover to HTML5 with OpenFL! The mobile build is coming soon.
- New GIFs and screenshots from
WIPturn based puzzle game by mauve:
- wobble wobble.
- Added parry stance & enemy attack animations.
- Ghost looking good(?), for a ghost
- Back to tweaking some old tileset prototype sheets.
- Couple of quick videos from
WIP“Go! Go! PogoGirl” game by Andrej:
- Starting to implement enemies.
- It’s hard to find a pogo sound effect that doesn’t get annoying after a while, but I think I nailed it.
- I present to you: The first enemy.
- Couple of new GIFs from Heck Deck by torcado:
- 2 new cards!
- Added keyboard controls for playing cards and moving.
- Defender’s Quest 2 progress tweets by Lars Doucet:
- Fix the underpowered-feeling special effect.
- Tightening the feedback loop.
Some Library Releases
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
People & Projects to support
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
44~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
unify_with_variancefor abstracts merged.
[abstracts]Fix implicit direct cast applicability check merged.
[typer]Fix transitive casts in static extension unification merged.
[abstracts]Change handling of transitive casts merged. 📝
- Check overload accessibility merged.
selftyping is broken fixed.
[abstracts]Fix unification of abstracts and constraints merged.
- Add ability to increase priority of
@:usingextension pull request. 📝
In case you missed it
- Can’t bind extern inline function issue.
- Sqlite specification, fixes and tests merged.
[js]Inline StringMap iterators merged.
[abstracts]Code style changes for abstract unify functions merged.
[abstracts]Change handling of transitive casts pull request.
abstractmodifier on classes and methods pull request.
- Class flags merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe and see the impact the latest changes have on each target by browsing the benchmarks site.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!