Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The type inference mystery novel part 2. Will Detective Haxe redeem himself and overcome his inner demons?
v1.1has been released by Ian Harrigan. Lots of bug fixes and some new components!
In case you missed it
- The new HashLink garbage collector blog post.
- Going rogue, part 2 by Sébastien Bénard. “Deepnight Games” now officially exists.
- Go! Go! PogoGirl Devlog #3: Shiny Shiny Gems by Andrej.
- 55 new NPC’s - RPG Playground
0.34DevLog by RPG Playground.
- Justin Mills (aka Nanjizal) has started writing up some ideas on LinkedIn to get onto recruiters radar:
- Using the
finalkeyword in Haxe video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Check out the Haxe Beginners Tutorial series on YouTube and the series source code available on GitHub.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Justin Mills is looking for remote or UK (West Country) developer role.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Alexander Gordeyko is looking for a job.
- Spiele-Palast GmbH are looking for a full time Haxe game developer for web and mobile in Berlin.
- Fedor Strelkov is looking for someone to port a car racing test app from AS3 to Haxe/OpenFL.
- A bounty to port junkbyte’s
flash-consoleto OpenFL for
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
In case you missed it
git- Coconut Data Synchronization - This library enables real-time & uni-directional synchronization of a coconut model over the network.
- Gauthier B has created Blue Sunset Flight for
#js1024made with Haxe and inspired by Filippo Bodei’s Drones game.
- Andreas Drewke has created a GIF to XFL-Test repo available on GitHub.
- Robert Alvarez has released Consumable Controls, his
#GMTKJamentry available on itch.io. Made with Stencyl.
- Sébastien Bénard has released Dumber Dwarves, a dungeon crawler with uncontrollable adventurers! Made for the
#GMTKJam. Available on itch.io and source code on GitHub.
git- Platform agnostic drag/drop library by Kevin Leung.
- Teen Island Simulator dev post by Oleg Dolya is available on itch.io and made with OpenFL.
- Kenny Goff is almost done with the next Double Turn game updates, profiles & alternate character palettes. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Fedellen is tinkering around with lots of colour changes and polish since their last update. Made with Stencyl.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
22~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Can’t bind extern inline function issue.
- Sqlite specification, fixes and tests merged.
[js]Inline StringMap iterators merged.
[abstracts]Code style changes for abstract unify functions merged.
[abstracts]Change handling of transitive casts pull request.
abstractmodifier on classes and methods pull request.
- Class flags merged.
In case you missed it
- YCombinator definition issues “stack overflow” on static target issue.
NotImplementedExceptionin Std instead of Strings merged.
- Collect and reset monomorphs on failed overload resolution merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!