Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.1.2has been released!
#2for Go! Go! PogoGirl: Bouncing Science by Andrej.
- Village Generator
1.2.0by Oleg Dolya is out, now with a new visual style, village renaming and more!
- A couple of posts by Feathers UI:
- A couple of announcement posts from OpenFL forum:
In case you missed it
- A channel about Haxe and Typescript video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How to use the Override keyword in Haxe video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How to make your first RPG in 5 minutes for FREE (and publish it!) by RPG Playground.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is looking for a job.
- Fedor Strelkov is looking for someone to port a car racing test app from AS3 to Haxe/OpenFL.
- A bounty to port junkbyte’s
flash-consoleto OpenFL for
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OpenFL powered Tilt trail bike game by IriySoft is now available to play.
- Jeffrey Driver announces The Grand Grimoire Chronicles 4 will be released on Armor Games and Newgrounds soon. Check out some screenshots while you wait. Made with Stencyl.
- The Steam version of BRDG by Robert Alvarez is now available.
- Egis has released a WebGL game Hamster-Ball made with OpenFL.
In case you missed it
- Spellbreak by Proletariat Inc. is coming to the Xbox and Switch!
- The Renaine Demo is LIVE on the Steam Games Festival, June 16th - 22nd!
- SUPER Cute Alien is featured in the Platformers category on Steam Games Festival. Play the limited demo.
- Vadim Dyachenko has released a little companion tool that lets you convert a BitFontMaker2 font for use with Pixel Font Converter.
- Method chaining / Fluent interface design pattern examples.
- Chapter-2 of Kha’s MC tutorial on terrain generation by Urjasvi Suthar.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
git- Use ES6 imports in Haxe.
git- Basic skeleton for a HaxeUI backend by Ian Harrigan.
- Hugh Sanderson has created a website for the NME repo which is currently empty. So maybe there will be new website soon.
- Skyfire2008 continues his work on Spork acteroids, with 3 short devlogs linked on the main page, plus you can look into game’s source code on GitHub.
- Alex Johansson’s game 100% GOLF has passed
- Ty watering procedurally generated plants made with HaxeFlixel.
- Jefvel has started working on an XML based dialogue system, which allows you to talk to strangers in their game. Dialogue is assigned using HIDE. Made with Heaps.
- JanoGames has made some adjustments to the sleazy agent and bouncers in StageDive. Made with Stencyl.
- Filippo Bodei indie game demos: sunrise time-lapse and drone trails made with HaxeFlixel.
- Updated camera movement and accessibility settings are coming in Renaine.
- Just some terrain with the grass by Dmitry Hryppa. Made with Haxe, bgfx, GLFW, GLM and his frmwrk
gitbuilt on top of them.
- New card “A force field!” in Heck Deck by torcado pushes cards away from you without destroying them.
- Working on camera code might be hard: it just doesn’t follow the chuffing player.
- Things going good in Aditya Chaudhary puzzle game made in Stencyl.
- So now the Player in the
WIPplatformer game by Praeshima can collect crystals and gain a power ups.
- Pavel Alexandrov got the multi-texture support in Heaps’ TileGroup working. Now also need to introduce it in SpriteBatch and Graphics.
- Pavel Alexandrov has also decided to do an experiment with crowdfunding some of his work for the Heaps community, so he created a ko-fi page with the initial goals to write docs and manual. If it works out he’ll start delving into implementing new features, do bugfixes and other things.
- MondayHopscotch has been playing around with pseudo-rope physics & particle effects.
- Grass rendered with Kha and set out by HxNoise by 5Mixer. And edges look nice.
- Matthijs Kamstra is back to work on one of his old projects:
- Mauve has shared his progress on
WIPturn based puzzle game:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
tink_core v2update has been merged!
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
48~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Unexpected behaviour for
~/\b/g.split()on some targets issue.
- Improve error reporting when accessing non-static fields as static fixed.
- Support covariance for abstracts issue.
[nullsafety]Cannot disable field initialisation check with
- Type parameter variance of enum proposal rejected.
- Default implementations in interfaces proposal rejected.
- Macro instances proposal rejected.
- Typed metadata proposal rejected.
- Abstract classes proposal accepted.
- Local Variable metadata proposal accepted and now implemented.
- ReadOnlyArray optimization proposal accepted.
- Retain type and field comments in output issue, closing the “comments in AST/target language” proposal.
In case you missed it
- Rewrite the JAR loader pull request.
@:forward-ed abstract fields prevent object inlining issue.
@:structInitcreates non exist but typeable constructor issue.
- Forwarded abstract fields are not available through a constrained type parameter issue.
- Exhaustive matching for enum abstract null value issue.
[ide]Everything is red if a single struct in an array is missing a field issue.
[macro]Meta for TypeParamDecl ignored during reification and printing fixed.
[js]Improve generation of dynamic methods to avoid unnecessary
- Add method inlining to
inlineconstructors filter pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!