Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- FeathersUI Devlog
#21: CLI create-projects, the VSCode extension, and preparing for
- Andrej has started a devlog for his platformer game Go! Go! PogoGirl! The first post is now up!
- Check out the recent CrossCode AMA over on
In case you missed it
- Check out Richard Oliver Bray’s latest YouTube tutorial "Public, Static and Private methods in Haxe".
- A water demo (Haxe + Heaps) video by Edwin Syarief.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is looking for a job.
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Spellbreak by Proletariat Inc. is coming to the Xbox and Switch!
- The Renaine Demo is LIVE on the Steam Games Festival, June 16th - 22nd!
- SUPER Cute Alien is featured in the Platformers category on Steam Games Festival. Play the limited demo.
- Vadim Dyachenko has released a little companion tool that lets you convert a BitFontMaker2 font for use with Pixel Font Converter.
In case you missed it
- Alex Johansson has released 100% GOLF, putt with percentages across 27 holes, along with endless mode! Made with Stencyl and available now on iOS, with over
27kpre-orders and being
#1in the sports charts!
- An important CrossCode related question has finally been answered: Consoles When? JULY 9TH (Switch + PS4 + Xbox One). Cheers to Robert Konrad and his hard work on the AOT JS compiler, built with Haxe!
- The Going Rogue update is now available for Darksburg.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.7.6has added landmarks by Oleg Dolya.
- Edu Alonso has launched the 100 Vacas Steam store page! Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Havana24 has released Hole in Clone, for the '#gameloopit` jam and made with Stencyl. Check it out over on itch.io.
- Spirkop Games has published their Steam page for Energy Island Corp which is being made with PhaserJS and Haxe.
- Spacejacked has launching into hyperspace… And if it’s not destroyed by aliens it will arrive on Nintendo Switch & Xbox One this Friday! Originally it was made with HaxeFlixel, and ported to consoles by Ratalaika Games.
- Haxe icon support has been added to Monokai Pro for VSCode.
- Chapter-2 of Kha’s MC tutorial on terrain generation by Urjasvi Suthar.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Michael Miriti has released OpenFL Raycasting
git“Basic Grid-Based Ray Casting with Haxe and OpenFL”.
- Vadim Dyachenko has released a set of 3 map-like implementations for GameMaker Studio
- With the release of hashlink-debugger
1.1.0to the VSCode marketplace, debugging Lime projects now works out of the box! via HaxeFlixel.
- Away3D with OimoPhysics demo by Krtolica Vujadin.
- Jens Fischer is working on HXML completion tool for VSCode.
- Joaquin Bello is working on a small FPS. An example to introduce 3D concepts (projection, shaders, 3D transforms, zbuffer). And he is planning to make code available at some time.
- TrilateralSamples and hxSpiro2020 (a haxe port of Spiro
gitlibrary) by Nanjizal.
gitby 'Damilare Darmie Akinlaja is a Haxe implementation of the Wren scripting language virtual machine.
git- Serialize coconut models with
- Sébastien Bénard has started creating a generic 2D level editor. Some intended features of the editor:
- Combat balance update and a new Versus match type called Scramble for Double Turn.
- Gregory Seed is working on Android port of LITTLE SQUARE THINGS. And you can sign up for the open beta.
- New visual style for the Village Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- It’s decision time! Left or right? by Pizza.
- Missile alert by 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚒.
- ArmorPaint running on iPadOS. Powered by Metal at 120fps with Apple Pencil support.
- 100% Golf by Alex Johansson got a USA number 2 listing on “New Games We Love”. Here are some map doodles for the game.
- Torcado has implemented a new shop system in Heck Deck, allowing you to sell and trade cards for health.
- A bunch of bouncy blocks from
WIPplatformer game by Robert Alvarez.
- Skyfire2008 from Haxe discrord server has released a demo of Spork Asteroids. Everything is
WIP, even the player ship has 1000 lives for the purpose of testing.
- Couple of quick videos by Geokureli:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
tink_core v2update has been merged!
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add local variable metadata proposal.
- Add Typed Metadata proposal.
- Add Default implementations in interfaces proposal.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
53~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Rewrite the JAR loader pull request.
@:forward-ed abstract fields prevent object inlining issue.
@:structInitcreates non exist but typeable constructor issue.
- Forwarded abstract fields are not available through a constrained type parameter issue.
- Exhaustive matching for enum abstract null value issue.
[ide]Everything is red if a single struct in an array is missing a field issue.
[macro]Meta for TypeParamDecl ignored during reification and printing fixed.
[js]Improve generation of dynamic methods to avoid unnecessary
- Add method inlining to
inlineconstructors filter pull request.
In case you missed it
- Constrained monomorphs merged.
- Static extensions vs constrained monomorphs fixed.
Class.newdoesn’t handle type constraints fixed.
- Monomorph constraints for operators issue.
- Type parameter constraints on local functions issues.
[hxcpp]Fix typing for abstracts pull request.
[hxcpp]Add a way to define an
externclass type parameter as a templated one pull request.
[dce]Dont process expressions of
Path.UniqueKey.createwhich slightly reduces unit test compile times & eval runtime by 10% merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!