Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The type inference mystery novel Haxe blog post.
- Justin Donaldson has announced that Haxe and Hashlink are now on Mac homebrew!
In case you missed it
- The Haxe Summit 2020 is dead - long live the HaxeIn 2020 event! Check out the announcement and community thread.
- The Armory Digest - June 2020 issue.
- Castle Pals is the first Stencyl game on consoles!
- Why does
@:privateAccessexist? community question & discussion.
- Back in the Saddle: Defender’s Quest 2 & life progress report for May 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- HxBitMini - A lightweight serialization library for Haxe by kyubuns.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- HaxeIn 2020 virtual Haxe Summit on October 14-17th 2020.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is looking for a job.
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Alex Johansson has released 100% GOLF, putt with percentages across 27 holes, along with endless mode! Made with Stencyl and available now on iOS, with over
27kpre-orders and being
#1in the sports charts!
- An important CrossCode related question has finally been answered: Consoles When? JULY 9TH (Switch + PS4 + Xbox One). Cheers to Robert Konrad and his hard work on the AOT JS compiler, built with Haxe!
- The Going Rogue update is now available for Darksburg.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.7.6has added landmarks by Oleg Dolya.
- Edu Alonso has launched the 100 Vacas Steam store page! Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Havana24 has released Hole in Clone, for the '#gameloopit` jam and made with Stencyl. Check it out over on itch.io.
- Spirkop Games has published their Steam page for Energy Island Corp which is being made with PhaserJS and Haxe.
- Spacejacked has launching into hyperspace… And if it’s not destroyed by aliens it will arrive on Nintendo Switch & Xbox One this Friday! Originally it was made with HaxeFlixel, and ported to consoles by Ratalaika Games.
- Haxe icon support has been added to Monokai Pro for VSCode.
In case you missed it
- The wait is over! The Android version of Dead Cells is live on Google Play!
- The Northgard Map Editor update is out now!
- Robert Alvarez has released Wall Roller, his one-button puzzle game available on itch.io, Newgrounds and Kongregate, made with Stencyl.
- Vadim has added emoji and other Unicode support to Pixel Font Converter in the latest release.
- Samir Sabri has added new wave and time interactive measurements for the oscilloscope to
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.8is out now on Steam and Itch.io! Featuring new enemies, gamepad controls, and the long awaited Irish translation! Check out the quick blog post by Terry Cavanagh about Dicey Dungeons news.
- New wiki page has been created for games made with Armory.
- Nanjizal has written a summary about Trilateral3.
- Undefinist has ported and released mikktspacehx
- Kyubuns has added NullSafety in
hxbitminiand made a pull request for
gitis a Haxe NanoVG Implementation by 'Damilare Darmie Akinlaja.
gitis a work in progress haxe/hxcpp wrapper around GLFW by Valentin Lemière. He is also working on hxwgpu
git- a wrapper around wgpu-native, allowing the use of the WebGPU API on desktop.
- The newest Renegade Racing iOS release is now using NME instead of Legacy OpenFL.
- Ammo crate painted in Armor Paint by ArmoryBlender. Maybe there will be a video tutorial?
- MortMort Pew Pew Pew mobile game made with Stencyl.
- Filippo Bodei has added custom camera shaders to achieve water reflection at the very bottom end of the stage. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Screenshots from “WAD Corruptor” by Kaelan Evans.
- Moody lighting by jefvel.
- A couple of new GIFs from
WIPpuzzle platformer by Robert Alvarez:
- Kirill Poletaev is working on a new 3D platformer game, so here are some quick videos of the prototype:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None found this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add local variable metadata proposal.
- Add Typed Metadata proposal.
- Add Default implementations in interfaces proposal.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
111~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Constrained monomorphs merged.
- Static extensions vs constrained monomorphs fixed.
Class.newdoesn’t handle type constraints fixed.
- Monomorph constraints for operators issue.
- Type parameter constraints on local functions issues.
[hxcpp]Fix typing for abstracts pull request.
[hxcpp]Add a way to define an
externclass type parameter as a templated one pull request.
[dce]Dont process expressions of
Path.UniqueKey.createwhich slightly reduces unit test compile times & eval runtime by 10% merged.
In case you missed it
- The Haxe nightly PHP target is now tested against versions
Syntaxclass for all targets discussion.
[hxcpp]Support new and super for native classes pull request.
[php]Add some missing functions related to the file system merged.
[lua]String API is broken with
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!