Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Haxe Summit 2020 is dead - long live the HaxeIn 2020 event! Check out the announcement and community thread.
- The Armory Digest - June 2020 issue.
- Castle Pals is the first Stencyl game on consoles!
- Why does
@:privateAccessexist? community question & discussion.
- Back in the Saddle: Defender’s Quest 2 & life progress report for May 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- HxBitMini - A lightweight serialization library for Haxe by kyubuns.
In case you missed it
4.1.1has been released!
- Module-level fields are here! Head over to the announcement blog and community thread for more info.
- Alex Johansson has posted to TigSource his devlog about the various recent changes made to his game Morse.
- MFCG, VG and CityViewer have been updated devlog by Oleg Dolya.
- What is Haxe and when should I use it? introduction video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Armory3D - Body Aura & Shield effect video by ArmoryBlender.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- OpenFL/Lime Bounty to add playable video on iOS and Android for
- Playata are looking for a AS3/Haxe/PHP Software Developer to join them.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- The wait is over! The Android version of Dead Cells is live on Google Play!
- The Northgard Map Editor update is out now!
- Robert Alvarez has released Wall Roller, his one-button puzzle game available on itch.io, Newgrounds and Kongregate, made with Stencyl.
- Vadim has added emoji and other Unicode support to Pixel Font Converter in the latest release.
- Samir Sabri has added new wave and time interactive measurements for the oscilloscope to
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.8is out now on Steam and Itch.io! Featuring new enemies, gamepad controls, and the long awaited Irish translation! Check out the quick blog post by Terry Cavanagh about Dicey Dungeons news.
In case you missed it
- Phil Leichty has posted a trailer for their recently released physics based puzzle game called Ring The Bell, made with Stencly and available from the Play Store.
- Castle Pals (originally made with Stencyl) releases this week on PlayStation 4, XboxOne & Nintendo Switch! Port made by Ratalaika Games.
- BRDG by Robert Alvarez now has a Steam page.
- IriySoft made Moto Maniac, a small tilty bike game.
- Small tweaks and new translations for Pixel Font Converter by Vadim Dyachenko.
- Chapter 1 of KhaMC’s tutorial by Urjasvi Suthar.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
http://try-haxe.mrcdk.comby Justo Delgado Baudí is now dead. The source code is available on GitHub.
- Nanjizal shares an Trilateral3 Simple Colour animation, which uses PalletNine for colours and shapes.
- Trilateral rotation and movement demo by Nanjizal.
- Natinusala has released switch-haxe
git, a sample project for running Haxe on the Nintendo Switch using devkitA64 and libnx.
- Lubos Lenco has released
2020.6versions of Armory, Iron and Armory tutorials.
- Will Blanton has made Underneath Planet Monster repo public, you could find videos from this game on Haxe discord server.
- Alex Johansson previews a ten minute play through of the latest MORSE build. Check out the bloopers made while recording it.
- [Insert Platform Name Here] When? CrossCode has passed all console certifications!
- Screenshot from
WIPgame by Robert Clemmons Jr. He is making it with HaxeFlixel.
- Andrej is working on some graphics for the color-coded doors in Go! Go! PogoGirl.
- Havana24 is making Golf with clones game for GameLoop.it jam.
- Bit size tutorial levels from WIP Stencyl game by MortMort
- Edu Alonso is working on a game called “100 vacas”, and planning to release it on Steam.
- A couple of GIFs from platformer prototype by Robert Alvarez:
- Michael Walter’s latest gamedev previews:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None found this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add local variable metadata proposal.
- Add Typed Metadata proposal.
- Add Default implementations in interfaces proposal.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
43~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- The Haxe nightly PHP target is now tested against versions
Syntaxclass for all targets discussion.
[hxcpp]Support new and super for native classes pull request.
[php]Add some missing functions related to the file system merged.
[lua]String API is broken with
In case you missed it
ParserEntry.parse/parse_stringmethods accept grammar entry merged.
[hxcpp]Fix class path for extern and nativeGen classes pull request.
[hxcpp]Regex inconsistent behaviour issue.
[js/es5]Super call missing when extending 2 levels issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!