Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Village Generator
1.1.0devlog. Waterbodies and PNG export have been added by Oleg Dolya.
- A little trip through dependencies and accompanying difficulties by Nikolay Grebenshikov.
1.0.0of Scales: A Pangolin Story by Hello Lightbulb is out! And its source code available too!
In case you missed it
1.10.1has been released.
- HaxeFlixel have just launched
snippets.haxeflixel.coma beginner friendly resource for learning HaxeFlixel!
- RPG Playground games are now playable on mobile! So grab your phone or tablet and start playing the top games at
- RPG Map Editor 2 Update 16 - The huge one by Sébastien Bénard.
- Oleg Dolya has created Village Generator which is made with Haxe and OpenFL.
- The results for
#StencylJam19will be released next week!
- Small Untitled RPG Devlog 6 by Peter Achberger.
- Nightly builds of HIDE are now available!
- WTF is Haxe by Pontus Alexander.
- Part 3 of Stencyl Resource Packs tutorial series by Luyren.
- Creating materials for Minecraft RTX in ArmorPaint via Lubos Lenco.
- Dynamic Rope implementation in Haxe + Heaps + Nape video by Edwin Syarief.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Newgrounds is hosting the HaxeFlixel Game Jam, ending on April 27th! With prizes ranging from
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features and one of the them is already claimed.
- New bounty by Kaleido Games: Bounty to make OpenFL work with (FNA/UWP).
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Ratalaika has finished his first port of the Stencyl game and sent it to QA for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch! Hopefully it will be released in a few weeks. So if you have a Stencyl game and want to port it to consoles let them know!
- Sokoban game demo built with Haxe + OpenFL. Made by shaman4d.
- JarHeads by Aurel300.
- The Little Ship That Could by Gama11 (made with HaxeFlixel).
- Tumble Baby by Will Blanton (made with HaxeFlixel).
- Keep it Alive, Keep them Alive by Jérémy Fa (made with ceramic engine).
- Corona Grocery Run by sneaky cocoon (made with Heaps).
- “Covid Conundrum” Civil Policy Simulator by merrak (made with Stencyl).
- Mr.Virus by Blackgoku36 (made with Kha and Rice2D).
- Fire Logs by Joaquin Bello (made with Kha and khawy).
- Save Ivee by Piotr (made with HaxeFlixel).
- Bastion Defender by AxG (made with PixiJS and Pony).
- JUMPGOLF by torcado (made with Stencyl).
- Tower Defence of the Heart by Terry Cavanagh (made with Heaps).
- Keep It Powered by Robert Alvarez (made with Stencyl).
- Keep On by Cory Martin (made with Stencyl).
- Mis Vacas by Edu Alonso and hhmod-mus (made with HaxeFlixel).
- Anibun Help Me! by Dan Lin (made with HaxeFlixel).
- DEBUGGER by Ruari O’Sullivan (made with OpenFL and haxegon).
- Crystalium by Andrei Rudenko (made with clay engine).
- Feed King or Die Starving by jefvel and rosettastoned (made with Heaps).
- Soul Seed by Unept (made with Stencyl).
- Pet Protecc TD by Mlle. Psychosis (made with HaxeFlixel).
- Let’s stick together by Sergij Kryvosheia (Syo) (made with Heaps).
- Keep it alive by ZwodahS (made with Heaps).
- Delivery Space Attack by ck656 (made with HaxeFlixel).
- Morphology by Theodote, Elvendan, Shess and Pavel Alexandrov (made with Heaps).
- None left Behind by pirhana (made with Heaps).
- Save the Space Whales! by Aik (made with HaxeFlixel).
- Big Monster Bird by Fab.
- ANTRUM is an unfinished entry by disktree (made with Armory3D), with source code.
- Check out Gauthier Billot’s new interactive website! With a fully functional OS! Made in Haxe
- HaxeFlixel game jam repository template has been released, the best part, automated deployment of HTML5 builds to GitHub Pages!
- 2D vector generated die, (no textures), demo by Nanjizal.
- Ilya Kuzmichev has made quick and dirty build of Haxe Support plugin for support for new IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.
- Small update for HxDoom being made in Haxe and Lime, Kaelan Evans has reduced memory usage from
- Jonas Nyström has updated HxTrueType.
v6.0.1has been released.
v3.0.0has been released.
v0.13.0has been released.
- Aseprite files as OpenFL sprites.
- Couple of tweets from Ian Harrigan about HaxeUI:
- Stage select code complete from
WIPturn based puzzle game by mauve.
- Luyren has added parallax camera movement to their Utility Pack, and also added an HTML5 showcase game for both that and the Map System pack.
- Austin East redid his networking project to replace socket.io with colyseus. Check out this gif that is showing the client-side interpolation system he wrote.
- Moving spikes are fun by Andrej.
- Pavel Alexandrov is working on plugin for HIDE, the Heaps IDE. Here are couple of screenshots, tile coords editor and Photoshop-like outline shader.
- Praelian is working on the boss encounter with HaxeFlixel.
- A bunch of new quick videos from
WIPStencyl based game by Ben Simms with more at his Twitter:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Default implementations in interfaces proposal.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
30~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Large file support discussion.
In case you missed it
- Less local variable renaming in compiled code merged.
- Use native PHP implementations for SHA merged.
- Weird tempvaring issue.
- Better error reporting upon compiler crashes merged.
- Find references of the base field or include descendant fields pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!