Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- This isn’t goodbye, but I will see you around by Lewis Lepton. Let’s all wish him luck with his future projects!
- Osaka Red LLC are cancelling this years HaxeUp due to Covid-19.
- Michael Bickel presents his new startup: An autonomous toilet paper delivery service called
- Renegade Racing by Paul Gene Thompson was “Game Of The Day” in 133 countries on iOS. And it reached number 1 sports game in 31 countries on iPhone and 44 countries on iPad!
- Vulkan has a ray tracing acceleration API now, and Lubos Lenco might throw some related pull-requests at Kha. Plus soon there will be accelerated ray-tracing in ArmorPaint.
- Dicey Dungeons is coming to Nintendo Switch. Thanks to Ruari O’Sullivan, who joined Dicey Dungeons team and helped to port the game! Check out the game’s Nintendo store page.
In case you missed it
- Armory3D has its own roundups! Check out the Armory Digest - March 2020!
- ArmorPaint launches on Android - development builds are up, with support for pen pressure, touch, keyboard, mouse and mirroring to big screen. iOS will follow!
- Sébastien Bénard has written a complete guide to getting started making games using Haxe and the Heaps engine, the same tech used for DeadCells.
- Ammer and Anvil: Haxe Native Extension Toolkit - community thread.
- The Stencyl team are planning to do a Stencyl Jam in a couple of weeks from now!
- Fedellen’s latest devlog
#18: Holographic dolphins.
- Dead Cells won the first Pegase of the ceremony which is the reward for the Best Mobile Game!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Stencyl Jam
#19! March 27th - April 6th. You can sign up at Stencyl website.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- New bounty by Kaleido Games: Bounty to make OpenFL work with (FNA/UWP).
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Shellrider has released “A lot of Apples”, a game made with HaxeFlixel, for the
quarantinejam available from itch.io.
- Nick Grebenshikov has released Domino Solitaire, a little game created with OpenFL and JiveUI for iOS and Android.
- You can pre-register for Little Square Things by Gregory Sreed on the Google Play store.
- Super MineSweeper II TURBO is made with love and HaxeFlixel as a test from zero to market by filipp8 from Haxe Discord server.
- wBrain - Tools for Teams - Experimental tools for agile and remote teams, made with Haxe and NodeJS. via Felipe Peternella.
In case you missed it
- Hello Lightbulb have been busy making a game for
#AustisticaPlayJamwhich is now live on itch.io!
- Oleg Dolya has submitted Book Hunter in the last minutes of
#7DRLmade with Haxe and OpenFL, available on itch.io.
- U-Ge! by Funplox is now being submitted to AppStore and GooglePlay.
- Rogue Mage by Ben Simms has gone live on KaiOS app store! The game is made with Stencyl.
- danausApollo from Haxe discord has released Chat Cafe game made with HaxeFlixel.
- The idea from a couple of weeks back is taking shape by Luyren.
- What if Tetris pieces had souls? Havana24 is working on something new…
- This week Ben Simms wanted to make everything thing a bit more lively in Star Burst.
- Josh’s game, Scrapworks which is made with HaxeFlixel, now has menus which are now fully functional!
- These doors open only when a certain number of blocks are connected. From
WIPStencyl game by Robert Alvarez.
- Otherones from the Haxe Discord serves has made a HaxeFlixel game called Sheep Savior for their course on game design.
- Andrej is Making a Pogo Platformer. Here are some shiny gems that you can collect in the game.
- Playing around with a mechanic in Heck Deck that automatically slows time when you get close to a lethal card.
- PixelPajamaStudios has additional footage of Sonar Smash Beta, a game made with Stencyl, featuring great usage of the Bubble Shield, plus footage where the dolphin protagonist successfully navigates Wave 69 using Triple Shot.
- Alex Johansson has written a big write-up for Morse on tigsource, a strategy morse code game, made with Stencyl.
- Alex Johansson has been working on PARcentage, made with Stencyl, he’s:
- A couple posts by Oleg Dolya:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Default implementations in interfaces proposal.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
37~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Min/Max number limits pull request.
- Boolean binop reconstruction vs
- Do not generate redundant final return for
- Cross-target exception handling merged!
- Remove redundant
In case you missed it
[jvm]Implement typed functions merged with before & after bench.
extern's default to
- Immediately bound constructor closures create redundant functions issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!