Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The EU Haxe Summit 2020 is now official! Find out everything from the announcement and the community thread.
- OpenFL 9 Development Update thread.
- Laser Lightning Bugs in the Spotlight: Defender’s Quest 2 Progress for February 2020 by Lars Doucet.
- Here are a few photos from PAX East 2020, where Octosoft team showed off Renaine:
In case you missed it
- Armory3D has been awarded an Epic MegaGrant.
- What is a token tree?
- TalosFray has published a new devlog: “Database migration and back-end updates”.
- A quick guide to installing Haxe and Heaps by Sébastien Bénard.
- Any Haxe devs willing to meetup in Seattle?
- Narenjo Games have updated a bunch of OpenFL extensions for mobile.
- Feathers UI devlog: TextArea and GridView.
- Fedellen latest weekly devlog `#16: rainbow unicorn magic.
- Alexander Gordeyko has created page on Patreon. He is actively developing Pony which is Haxe open-cross-library.
- Will Haxe ever have Rust as a target?
- Armor Paint - Working with Materials - Beginner
#3video by ArmoryBlender.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Osaka Red LLC are co-hosting a HaxeUp with CrashSpace taking place on April 6th in California.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- New bounty by Kaleido Games: Bounty to make OpenFL work with (FNA/UWP).
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Robert Alvarez has released HP Atk Def, his newest puzzle game now available on itch.io, made with Stencyl.
- Bouncing ⚽ Ball by Aditya Chaudhary is out on Kongregate.
In case you missed it
- Gauthier has submitted their
2047bytes game to
#2kplusjam! Available now on itch.io.
- Elite Frog, a semi joke game made by koko back in 2015 has been released, made with Stencyl.
- What global warming?! A game for
1.7.0of Steel Seraph is available on Windows and Linux, across GameJolt, itch.io and Steam.
- Aidan Lee has finished rewriting their IMGUI
gitbindings for Haxe, now generated from cimgui definitions.
- Ian Harrigan’s HaxeUI component explorer has been update with a lot of new examples!
- Shout 10.000 times 7*7 by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Kaelan Evans has split their Haxe Doom port into two projects: HxDoom is now a HaxeLib an adaption of id Tech 1 which does not come with rendering or IO and Citrus Doom is a Doom renderer built using Lime and HxDoom.
- Haxe + numba sample by Dima Granetchi.
- Syo Heaps powered game
jittersandboxshows off MMCS - Mouse Movement Control System, the future of space mechanics!
- Alex Johansson is working on PARcentage. A game about putting with percentages.
- Robert Alvarez is already prototyping his next game which will be a sliding puzzle game with sticky blocks.
- Happy Wednesday quick video by fedellen.
- New GIFs and screenshots from the
WIPStencyl game called StarBurst:
- A couple of screenshots from
WIPturn based puzzle game by mauve:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
30~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Fix error position for duplicate type declarations merged.
[dce]Unification with an anon struct makes dce keep unused class fields issue.
[hxcpp]Replace usage of
gettimeofdayin HXCPP standard library issue.
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!