Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Sébastien Bénard has left Motion Twin to become a full time indie game dev!
- Very comprehensive documentation for the ammer library, which brings native libraries to Haxe, written by Aurel Bily.
- Vadim Dyachenko has made a Haxe version of his “tiny guide to writing interpreters”. With the source code available at BitBucket.
- Haxelibrarian is a bash script to list the description of Haxelib libraries.
- City Viewer aka Toy Town 2 by Oleg Dolya, plus gable roofs.
- Axol Studios have demoed some games at First Friday event at The Saint Louis Science Centre.
- Flash in 2020 and beyond OpenFL article by Joshua Granick.
- Josefiene Pertosa and Haxe.ru have shared pics from the latest Hamburg HaxeUp meetup.
In case you missed it
- FeathersUI for Haxe and OpenFL
1.0.0-alpha.1has been released!
- Jeremy Morgan has written “Getting Started With Haxe”.
- Defender’s Quest 2 progress report for January by Lars Doucet and a new GIF showing shrapnel projectiles.
#13: Creating rainbows and marketing dolphins by fedellen and a preview of the new game.
- Is it possible or advisable to work from an existing DOM with Coconut?
- Pic of the Perth Haxe users group.
- Official Animated Trailer for Dead Cells: The Bad Seed DLC which is already out across PC & consoles!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Osaka Red LLC are co-hosting a HaxeUp with CrashSpace taking place on April 6th in California.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Availability for work: Andreas Drewke is available for small to medium sized Flash/OpenFL projects!
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
In case you missed it
- OGMO Editor
3.3.0has been released!
- Tim Hely made a secret game over the last couple of weeks, called Heck House available now to play on itch.io.
- Tim Hely made J-0’s Garage for
#globalgamejam2020, available on itch.io, created with HaxeFlixel.
- Robert Alvarez has released his new puzzle platformer Resizer, available now on itch.io, made with Stencyl.
- Dr Laguna has released Archer’s Defense created with HaxeFlixel.
- Dr Laguna has released “The daily life simulator 2018” onto itch.io.
1.7of Dicey Dungeons is now live on Steam and itch.io.
- Darkburg will be available on Feb 12th! Here is an Early Access Launch Trailer
- Chrono Pincer: Prelude made for
- HaxeShare patch notes.
- Anders Nissen is making a small and pleasant programming language written in Haxe.
- OpenFL3D by Will Blanton is a fake-3D experiment made with OpenFL.
- Matthijs Kamstra:
- Jeff Ward previews a new pane for the classroom quiz app he’s work on which allows teachers to see students work in real time.
- WootMath’s latest math manipulatives allow students to explore probability.
- Luyren has finished work on semi-solid slopes, inspired by fedellen and his unicorn game and has shares previews behind the scenes of Pathfinder, made with Stencyl.
- Juriën Meerlo is working on rendering only the tiles that visible to the camera, made with Kha and zoomed out physics debug view of his over-engineered pong game.
- Lewis Lepton is working on creating a library that’s heavily inspired by openFrameworks, but built on Kha. Check out his Twitter thread for further details.
- Saul Mastandrea shares a preview of Last Bot, an arcade shooter he is working on.
- Ben Simms shares some in-progress puzzles, which are challenging but also fair and has updated the GUI and added ultra wide puzzles to Star Burst Game, made with Stencyl.
- Fedellen has imported more pixel art assets into his game and is polishing and playing around with the movement of those rainbow rails. 🌈 Made with Stencyl.
- Mauve is working on turn based puzzle game and writes it in Haxe and OpenFL.
- Already banged out the next enemy…! by torcado
- It’s alive! by Josu Igoa. PS Move API used in Haxe with ammer lib!
- From Haxe discord:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
20~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Something like haxeshim but official discussion.
- Rethinking display modes discussion.
- Properly support diagnostics with
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!