Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
#12: Moving forward with SonarSmash’s Apple submission & more by fedellen.
- Check out the Dead Cells: The Bad Seed Gameplay Trailer by Motion Twin, which will be released on February 11th 2020!
In case you missed it
2.18.0has been released!
#11: More Checkboxes for SonarSmash’s submission to Apple.
- Ratalaika Games are working on console ports of Stencyl game engine. With more news coming soon!
- GamesFromScratch has written and recorded some details & opinions about the future of the open source Blender powered Armory3D game engine.
- Learn ArmorPaint by watching short clips by Lubos Lenco.
- Samus tribute video by Germán Caíno. Made with Haxe, HaxeFlixel and Tiled map editor.
- HaxeFlixel and console development video by Richard Oliver Bray from Hello Lightbulb.
- The Clan of the Ox have finally stepped on the shore of the Northgard by Shiro Games!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- A little trailer of the Scales: a Pangolin Story by Hello Lightbulb.
- Osaka Red LLC are co-hosting a HaxeUp with CrashSpace taking place on April 6th in California.
- HaxeUp Hamburg hosted at InnoGames will take place on 7th February 2020. Make sure to sign up!
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Availability for work: Andreas Drewke is available for small to medium sized Flash/OpenFL projects!
- NX Studio (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe programmer to work on their game called “Throne Rush”.
- Shiro Games are recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- New ArmorPaint
0.8dev builds: working on asset browser with material previews, layer grouping, script console, faster ray-tracing, painting transparent surfaces.
- Wish I Could Dive made by Havana24 for WeeklyGameJam
- Too Close by Ludoko Studios is available on the App store, with an Android version planned, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Just Slide 2 by Aditya Chaudhary is out on Kongregate!
- RITZ by ninja_muffin is out on NewGrounds. The source code is available at GitHub.
In case you missed it
"" + value) is usually faster than
Std.string(value)for numeric types. See dev comments.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
gitPOC for the tink webstack on HL with Libuv.
gitHaxe externs for the Twig template engine.
- react-native-qrcode-svg by Kevin Leung.
- coc-haxe is a Haxe language server extension for coc.nvim.
- Matthijs Kamstra is making Creative Coding Calendar out of his previous creative coding experiments.
- Juriën Meerlo did some quadtree collision detection learning over the weekend and has released a demo using Kha to visualise everything.
- Castle Pals, a game by Brad Erkkila & made with Stencyl, is running on Nintendo Switch thanks to Ratalaika Games!
- Level selection screen from the HTML5 game by Joaquin Bello which he is making with Kha.
- Marching cubes in Haxe and Kha by Urjasvi Suthar.
- jefvel has modified the forward renderer to be able to use decals.
- Clay Shot by Ben Simms - Its the LCD game you never played in your childhood! A little more performance tuning before its ready for submitting to KaiOS app store.
- Rogue Mage - a Stencyl game by Ben Simms - is finished and submitted to KaiOS app store. Check out a couple of photos showing game running on the phone:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Nothing this week.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
11~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Low level asynchronous IO API pull request.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!