Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- More Editor – An Icy Night In Snowman’s Land by Jacob White.
- Motion Twin are looking for volunteers for Dead Cells Bad Seed DLC private alpha.
- Ogmo Editor
3.2.1has been released!
In case you missed it
- Joshua Stone shares more details about his upcoming game “CyberHack” in his latest devlog vid.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- The next HaxeUp probably will be around next February at InnoGames office!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Cagette.net are looking for a Haxe developer to join them!
- Poptropica are in need of a developer to Integrate GAF into OpenFL.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Nothing new this week.
In case you missed it
- Lubos Lenco has released
2019.12updates for Armory3D and ArmorPaint.
- Block Toggle, a new puzzle platformer from Robert Alvarez, made with Stencyl, has been published on itch.io and Newgrounds.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator update
0.7.3by Oleg Dolya.
- “NGN: Neo Gaijin Ninjō” is a Turn Based Card RPG in a futuristic cyberpunk world and it’s being made in Stencyl.
- Spirkop Games announced Electric City Manager 2. It is being made with Haxe and Phaser. They usually stream a development session every Wednesday between 3PM and 5PM at twitch.tv. Check out this weeks stream recording.
- The Darksburg Closed Beta has begun!
- The Bad Seed DLC is the next major content addition to Dead Cells. Coming Q1 2020 on PC & consoles.
- Display Haxe traces within a
<div>snippet by Nanjizal.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Andy Li has updated the HaxeCI example project to demonstrate how to use Haxe with TravisCI Windows builds.
- Creative coding pattern for an all over jacket print by Matthijs Kamstra.
- The first alpha milestone of Feathers UI for Haxe & OpenFL by Josh Tynjala is right around the corner!
[WIP]Haxe build of Doom by Kaelan Evans runs in the PS4 web browser. He has also made HxDoom repository public.
- Day 9 of
#AdventOfCodeby Daniel Kurdoghlian, in which each day he uses different language, this time Haxe.
- Nanjizal’s experiment with using abstracts over flat arrays for WebGL drawing. And check out the source code over on GitHub.
- Hxspine by Dan Korostelev is a generic Spine run-time for Haxe.
- Json2typedef by Vadim Dyachenko is a small tool that takes samples of JSON and generates Haxe typedef code for them. Try out the demo web version.
- Nixlixhx by Danny Wilson has created a package manager written in Nix.
- Haxe manager by Rudy Ges has created a tool to easily download and switch Haxe versions.
- The community Beta of Sonar Smash will begin within a few days!
- Hello Lightbulb have shared an early build of their game over on Discord.
- Blackgoku36 has shared a sneak peak video of Paddy Editor, a 2D editor for game engines written in Haxe and Kha. And you will be able to bring your own glue for visual scripting.
- Fedellen previews a revamped pre-game selection screen in Sonar Smash.
- Michael Bickel has added some simple data driven logic using behaviour trees to his drones.
- Let him who is without sin cast the first stone by MrTambourineSLO.
- Robert Alvarez has started working on a new puzzle game about pushing blocks and making bridges.
- Before and after colour-blind friendly UI design of “Treasure Measure” by 7th Variety.
- Debug info in ExaStar which is being made in Stencyl.
- The main menu of Jitter sandbox by Syo.
- New screenshots from
[WIP]Croaking Hill game by 1speed:
- A couple of Defender’s Quest 2 Twitter progress reports by Lars Doucet:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Abstract classes proposal.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
32~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!