Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.0.3has been released!
2.6.0has been released!
- CrossCode: Upcoming Updates, DLC and Console Versions.
#5: Bug Hunting by fedellen.
In case you missed it
#4: Tweak and Polish by fedellen.
1.11gets a sampling profiler, thanks to Nicolas Cannasse.
- The poll results to the question, "What is your favourite Haxe/game engine?"
- An Haxe review focusing on Haxe
4.0.0on the Toptal Engineering Blog written by Kevin Bloch.
- Haxe was used in the latest Pokémon Sword and Shield games. Terurou has collected more details about it, written in Japanese (but Google autotranslate does its job).
- Richard Oliver Bray has written about building a native Windows project in HaxeFlixel/OpenFL.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- The next HaxeUp probably will be around next February at InnoGames office!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Cagette.net are looking for a Haxe developer to join them!
- Poptropica are in need of a developer to Integrate GAF into OpenFL.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Lubos Lenco has released
2019.12updates for Armory3D and ArmorPaint.
- Block Toggle, a new puzzle platformer from Robert Alvarez, made with Stencyl, has been published on itch.io and Newgrounds.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator update
0.7.3by Oleg Dolya.
- “NGN: Neo Gaijin Ninjō” is a Turn Based Card RPG in a futuristic cyberpunk world and it’s being made in Stencyl.
- Spirkop Games announced Electric City Manager 2. It is being made with Haxe and Phaser. They usually stream a development session every Wednesday between 3PM and 5PM at twitch.tv. Check out this weeks stream recording.
- The Darksburg Closed Beta has begun!
- The Bad Seed DLC is the next major content addition to Dead Cells. Coming Q1 2020 on PC & consoles.
In case you missed it
- The “Haxe Lib Manager” by Ian Harrigan now supports “working sets” and shows GIT history when creating releases. Check out the short Twitter thread with some videos, screenshots and a couple of libraries.
- OpenFL Starling
2.xxGAF Player has been released!
- Austin East has added line casting to his physics library, echo, now at version
- Matthijs Kamstra latest creative coding project is to make a pattern for an all over jacket print, inspired by morse code. Also check out Pixels by chance! and Lines…
- Holiday themed loading screen by George. You could see it in action in Christmas ADVENTure 2019. Also check out the source code which is available at GitHub.
- If anyone is interested in Pixi.js 5 and Haxe, check out Mark Knol’s branch. Maybe it’s not fully complete, but it’s better than nothing.
- Jens Fischer and Valentin Lemière are participating in Advent Of Code 2019.
gitis a framework to create 2D top-down adventure games, JRPG games, and more. But currently it is in the earliest stages of development.
gitdemonstrates a pattern for structuring Heaps projects and Haxe projects in general.
gitis an argument parser library for Haxe.
- Syo’s laser beam
- Hello Lightbulb have recently added termite hills and new areas to Pangolin levels, as well as a pesky toucan.
- Ben Simms has started building a new version of his old game for the “banana” phone, aka Nokia 8110.
- Don’t hit the walls! in the
WIPKha mobile game by Juriën Meerlo.
- Two short Twitter devlogs from Alex Johansson: 1st of December and 2nd of December.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[callfunc]The foreign function interface library for Haxe, callfunc
libffihas improved its docs, explaining variadic functions, numeric parameters and had a API overhaul.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
25~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Fixed size
[js]Use Abstract’s own type path for generating its implementation class merged.
[WIP]SSL support for eval target pull request.
haxe.Errorgeneric merged into
NoDatainternal type pull request.
In case you missed it
[tre]Endless loop generated on self modifying
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!