Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Devlog #4: Tweak and Polish by fedellen.
1.11gets a sampling profiler, thanks to Nicolas Cannasse.
- The poll results to the question, "What is your favourite Haxe/game engine?"
In case you missed it
- An Haxe review focusing on Haxe
4.0.0on the Toptal Engineering Blog written by Kevin Bloch.
- Haxe was used in the latest Pokémon Sword and Shield games. Terurou has collected more details about it, written in Japanese (but Google autotranslate does its job).
- Richard Oliver Bray has written about building a native Windows project in HaxeFlixel/OpenFL.
- Gifted class teaching their teacher how to play the video games they created with Stencyl!
- Will Blanton has released the third version
v3.1of the OGMO Editor, which is made with Haxe and available from itch.io. Also check out the release article by GameFromScratch.
- François Barbut has published his Haxe and PHP “Haxe 4, le Typescript de PHP ?” slides.
- An update to the Haxe Linux packages: Most distributions have
ppa:haxe/releaseshas also been updated. There is still
ppa:haxe/haxe3.4if you don’t want to upgrade yet. Thanks to Andy Li for the hard work!
- The first devlog of Antlers, the multiplayer online ARPG by Caribou has been published.
- Collecting Power - Defender’s Quest 2 Progress: November 2019 by Lars Doucet.
- 1: Launch Day? - a blog post by Terry Cavanagh from which you learn about Dicey Dungeon’s launch, future plans, and the planned Switch and Mobile ports!
- Devlog #3: Marketing Victories by fedellen.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Collection filtering/sorting, TabBar, Callout, ComboBox and layouts with percent sizing.
- Hatching in 1PDG by Oleg Dolya.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- The next HaxeUp probably will be around next February at InnoGames office!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Cagette.net are looking for a Haxe developer to join them!
- Poptropica are in need of a developer to Integrate GAF into OpenFL.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Update #13 of RPG Map by Sébastien Bénard is out, with a new advanced skinning system, new visual assets and tons of UI update & fixes!
- Isotiles puzzle game by Robert Alvarez is now available at poki.com!
- Darksburg Closed Beta is coming soon and you can apply for your chance to participate in it.
In case you missed it
- Double Kick Heroes is coming to Xbox Games Pass!
- Open sourced: Floyds Puzzle is a shape match puzzle game for kids available on Google Play.
- Can you make a jump and run in one hour? Yes you can! Check out Element Hunter, a
#1hgjindie game by Dr. Laguna.
- Renegade Racing by Paul Gene Thompson is now live on the App Store and Google Play. via Not Doppler.
- The echo library by Austin East now has full polygon support and a history system (so rewind/redo is basically built-in).
- A quick HaxeFlixel & Echo integration example by Will Blanton.
- New repo: iOS Rate app library for Kha.
- Hot-reload for Kha/Haxe JS targets by RblSb thanks to Robert Konrad for the initial idea and implementation in Krom and KodeGarden.
- A more organic hand drawn look and Part 2 : The movie! of the Creative Coding a pattern by Matthijs Kamstra.
- Defenders Quest 2: Mists of Ruin test build for Mac OS has successfully built and ran on the first try, thanks to Git submodules. And check out the GIF showing a new type of collector projectile in the game.
- Little weekly summary from Alex Johansson about his WIP chess themed game.
- Meet the AI in SUPER Cute Alien.
- Randomized visual with line segments. Same program, different output Twitter thread continued by Jérémy Faivre.
- Kaelan Evans is ready to show off his WIP Doom Engine being built in Haxe (currently closed source and currently only capable of showing top down views of maps).
- Torcado is back on Heck Deck work.
- Pixel perfect animation test in Heaps by Syo.
- Some progress of a small mobile game Juriën Meerlo has been working on.
- Further hatching experiments by Oleg Dolya:
- A couple of GIFs from Poor Thief puzzle game made in Stencyl by Tom Brinton:
- A couple of new GIFs from Sonar Smash:
- A few of the latest updates from Ben Simms WIP game:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add ReadOnlyArray optimisation proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
30~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[tre]Endless loop generated on self modifying
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!