Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- An Haxe review focusing on Haxe
4.0.0on the Toptal Engineering Blog written by Kevin Bloch.
- Haxe was used in the latest Pokémon Sword and Shield games. Terurou has collected more details about it, written in Japanese (but Google autotranslate does its job).
- Richard Oliver Bray has written about building a native Windows project in HaxeFlixel/OpenFL.
- Gifted class teaching their teacher how to play the video games they created with Stencyl!
- Will Blanton has released the third version
v3.1of the OGMO Editor, which is made with Haxe and available from itch.io. Also check out the release article by GameFromScratch.
- François Barbut has published his Haxe and PHP “Haxe 4, le Typescript de PHP ?” slides.
- An update to the Haxe Linux packages: Most distributions have
ppa:haxe/releaseshas also been updated. There is still
ppa:haxe/haxe3.4if you don’t want to upgrade yet. Thanks to Andy Li for the hard work!
- The first devlog of Antlers, the multiplayer online ARPG by Caribou has been published.
- Collecting Power - Defender’s Quest 2 Progress: November 2019 by Lars Doucet.
- 1: Launch Day? - a blog post by Terry Cavanagh from which you learn about Dicey Dungeon’s launch, future plans, and the planned Switch and Mobile ports!
- Devlog #3: Marketing Victories by fedellen.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Collection filtering/sorting, TabBar, Callout, ComboBox and layouts with percent sizing.
- Hatching in 1PDG by Oleg Dolya.
In case you missed it
4.0.2has been released!
lldto improve compilation times.
- Ian Harriagan has updating the “HaxeLib helper” to a full blown HaxeLib manager.
- Writing a platformer game using HaxeFlixel Devlog Part 06: Level Transition & Parallax Background by Mayur Patil.
- New post from Hello Lightbulb: Husband and Wife Dev Team. And their game “Scales: A Pangolin Story” now has a demo.
- MrTambourineSLO has finished implementing ledge grabbing in his platformer game and they’ve written a recap about it.
- Check out Sonar Smash Devlog 02: “Hard Code the Things” article by fedellen.
- The AS3 target been removed. Good night sweet prince.
- Continued Twitter MEGA-thread about Chess themed SHMUP prototype by Alex Johansson with new videos and mockups included.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- The next HaxeUp probably will be around next February at InnoGames office!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Poptropica are in need of a developer to Integrate GAF into OpenFL.
- New job offer from Persona Game Studio (Novosibirsk, Russia) who are looking for a Haxe game developer.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Double Kick Heroes is coming to Xbox Games Pass!
- Open sourced: Floyds Puzzle is a shape match puzzle game for kids available on Google Play.
- Can you make a jump and run in one hour? Yes you can! Check out Element Hunter, a
#1hgjindie game by Dr. Laguna.
- Renegade Racing by Paul Gene Thompson is now live on the App Store and Google Play. via Not Doppler.
In case you missed it
- Sonar Smash has launched their games website.
gitis looking for a new maintainer.
- Matthijs Kamstra continues his creative coding with Pattern
[WIP]and a creative coding pattern made for an all over print which is getting printed onto a jacket.
- OGMO Editor 3 HaxeFlixel integration using zerolib-flixel by Will Blanton.
- And the Ogmo Editor also needs your help:
- New repos by David Klein:
- A lot of crabs in Leapin Lads by Cory Martin.
- Fedellen has previewed a little update and polish on the Sonar Smash title screen and has been toying around with the idea for tutorials.
- More drone swarm experiments, this time its dynamic formation with built-in collision avoidance using Haxe by Michael Bickel.
- From the Haxe Discord: Thanks, HaxeFlixel particles by arnulfo.
- A little improvement on the “Level Select” menu of “Treasure Measure”.
- Alex Johansson has released some preview video of the bishop in action in his latest game being made with Stencyl.
- Exploring a ‘cabinet of curiosities’ in ArachnoPunk by Benny Heller.
- A couple of new GIFs from Croaking Hill by 1Speed studio:
- Some of the latest previews from Caribou’s Antlers, made in Heaps:
- A few GIFs from “Scales: A Pangolin Story” by Hello LightBulb:
- A few of the latest updates from Ben Simms
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
In case you missed it
[peg]Update for WordPress code merged.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Hint-conditional for compilation improvements proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
20~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
StringTools.endsWithUnicode issue on Haxe
v4HXCPP target issue.
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!