Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.0.1has been released!
- For those who have been waiting for the Haxe
4.0.0Linux packages, Andy Li is working on them!
- Getting started with Haxe, a language and toolkit you’ve probably never heard of, by Jeremy Morgan.
- Interview with Ludum Dare 45 winner Joe Williamson!
lotorgot 1st place for
themeand 5th place overall for LD45, made with Stencyl.
- “Haxe L’isomorphisme cross-plateforme” article by David Mouton has been published in Issue 234 of Programmez magazine!
- A small update for One Page Dungeon Generator made by Oleg Dolya, has been released: ability to hide secret rooms, alternative grid modes, minor visual changes. Also the generator now accepts “palette files” to change colours and line thickness.
- Update 12 for RPG Map Editor 2 by Sébastien Bénard is out: touch & pinch support, new font options, many UI enhancements and import support for One Page Dungeon by Oleg Dolya.
- Post-mortem of Devtober 2019 game project by Aidan Lee with the source available on GitHub.
- TDS Devtober 2019 game post-mortem.
- Alex Johansson continues his Twitter MEGA-thread about his Chess themed SHMUP prototype, with lots of GIFs included.
- Steps to get going with Haxe
4.0.0stable and MVCoconut.
- Slides for the HaxeUp 2019 Linz “Haxe Autumn Report” talk by Simon Krajewski are now available. You’ll have to clone or download GitHub repo and then just open this html file in any browser.
In case you missed it
4.0.0has been released!
- Programmiersprache: Haxe
4.0.0enthält neuen, schnelleren interpreter.
4.0.0Released overview by Game From Scratch.
- HaxeUp 2019 Linz recordings available on YouTube.
- Slides for the most of HaxeUp 2019 Linz talks:
- Some photos from HaxeUp 2019 Linz by Josefiene Pertosa:
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 announcement - Let’s meet in Linz!
- World Collector by Joe Williamson has received
1stplace for LD45, made with Haxe & HaxeFlixel!
- Renju returns, a blog post about how games are written in blood.
- A BIG twitter thread by Alex Johansson about his new SHMUP prototype.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Collections, pure JS bundle, touch vs. mouse scrolling, and CI enhancements.
- Blog post: Why I’m using my own 3D game engine by Kirill Poletaev.
- Writing a platformer game using HaxeFlixel devlog #5.
- How to use Haxe to deliver a framework/solution in many target languages?
- Droneswarm simulation environment for prototyping inter-drone communication and collision avoidance by Michael Bickel, His Haxe-code will soon be flying around!
- A video from Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle 2019 (May): Haxe: The little known secret to scalable, cross-platform game creation via saumya.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- The next HaxeUp probably will be around next February at InnoGames office!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Poptropica are in need of a developer to Integrate GAF into OpenFL.
- New job offer from Persona Game Studio (Novosibirsk, Russia) who are looking for a Haxe game developer.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Renegade Racing will launch next Wednesday, November 13th on the App Store and Google Play! In other news - so far over
2.1million people have Pre-Registered for the game on Google Play!
- The Corrupted Update for Dead Cells is now live for everyone on PC, including: new mini biome, new rune, new meta upgrade, new tactic mutations!
In case you missed it
- Cursed Treasure 2 has been ported to HTML5 and is now live on Kongregate!
- Just Slide made with Stencyl is available on Kongregate!
- New monstrous puzzle game Monster Match out now on itch.io made with Haxe & HaxeFlixel.
- Nowt made in Stencyl is
50%off on itch.io.
- Halloween Special event in Dicey Dungeons.
In case you missed it
- Cauê Waneck has made hxcross public - cross compile your HXCPP projects to various platforms from Linux.
- Milton Candelero made Spiro, a Spirograph generator with FIG export support for
- Quickly re-import mesh from source obj/fbx/blend file in ArmorPaint.
- Testing out the plugin for Unreal Engine, Paint onto objects by summoning ArmorPaint.
- A pixel-perfect outline filter+shader for Heaps.io made by Sébastien Bénard in order to better understand shaders black magic.
- Nme-gui is an NME compile tool from GUI instead of Command Line
[WIP]by Carlos Madrazo. Check out the screenshot of it from NME Gitter chat.
- SlavaRa continues his work on FlashDevelop / HaxeDevelop. New features of this week:
- Quick video showing some good ol’ fashion beautification to the Forest in Renaine.
- GIF from a game by Havana24 where you are a chubby shaman and you can make shockwaves on the ground.
- Some advise from a wise monkey is always helpful in “Scales: a Pangolin Story” by Hello Lightbulb.
- Introducing a Survivor - Runolf.
- New quick video from
[WIP]Sonar smash by fedellen: spent some time tweaking and making more menus.
- It’s dangerous to go alone in Super Cute Alien! So take the jetpack!
- Techy Wrinkles got grid collisions in check with entity jumps respecting other object positions.
- A bunch of new GIFs from
[WIP]arena web multiplayer game by Caribou:
- Finally abstracted away, weapon, attack and damage systems.
- Proper arrows & a little HUD for latency.
- Added a debug system to view and position colliders correctly.
- Gave the troll my bow to check if all the systems are working well if I’m not the one using it.
- Enemy knockback on hit.
- Added a dust trail behind the player.
- Arrow trail.
- Added a PatrolSystem.
- ChaseSystem and back to patrolling when not in sight.
- Camera + screen shake.
gitflat abstract array structures
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[hxtsdgen]Jeff Ward is thinking about enum support.
[three.js]Some extra documentation pull request for
three.hxby Matthijs Kamstra.
[heaps.io]WebAudio driver pull request for Heaps.io has been merged. What’s next? Maybe the new s2d camera pull request?
[haxe-modular]Support Haxe ES6 output pull request.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Hint-conditional for compilation improvements proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
45~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[haxelib]Cannot use private libs anymore issue.
- Follow type on resolving
@:usingfield access commit.
++/--on member fields of Abstracts pull request.
- Remove the AS3 target merged.
In case you missed it
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!