Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.0.0has been released!
- Programmiersprache: Haxe
4.0.0enthält neuen, schnelleren interpreter.
4.0.0Released overview by Game From Scratch.
- HaxeUp 2019 Linz recordings available on YouTube.
- Slides for the most of HaxeUp 2019 Linz talks:
- Some photos from HaxeUp 2019 Linz by Josefiene Pertosa:
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 announcement - Let’s meet in Linz!
- World Collector by Joe Williamson has received
1stplace for LD45, made with Haxe & HaxeFlixel!
- Renju returns, a blog post about how games are written in blood.
- A BIG twitter thread by Alex Johansson about his new SHMUP prototype.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Collections, pure JS bundle, touch vs. mouse scrolling, and CI enhancements.
- Blog post: Why I’m using my own 3D game engine by Kirill Poletaev.
- Writing a platformer game using HaxeFlixel devlog #5.
- How to use Haxe to deliver a framework/solution in many target languages?
In case you missed it
- New UX feature for FlashDevelop implemented by SlavaRa: ProjectManager panel could be opened by
ProjectMenu.LocateActiveFilekeys combination (
Shift + Alt + Lby default).
- Steam Deep Dive by Lars Doucet is now on the front page of Steam! The store DD widget is under A/B test, so if you’re logged in, it will show up for about half of you.
- Haxe Checkstyle
2.5.0has been released. Check out the release thread which goes into more detail on whats changed.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress: October 2019 by Lars Doucet.
- Darksburg - Dev Diary 2: Characters by Shiro Games.
- One Page Dungeon Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- More goodies in the latest ArmorPaint dev builds: Split view, plugin manager, auto-save, improved decal scaling, UV controls for fill layers, faster layer handling, blend modes, enhanced picker tool and more. Also Lubos is adding a way to create custom material nodes with plugins, which will make it possible to integrate new node systems, extend existing node set or write material shader by hand.
- OpenFL developement: Calling Spritesheet, DragonBones, Spriter, Spine, GAF (etc) developers to help implement and test the new
- The poll by Thomas J. Webb about a HaxeUp in California has ended and it will be in early April somewhere in the LA or Santa Monica area. Comment if you want to help plan or have preferences about time or place.
- HaxeUI v2 has been officially released!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- EU Haxe Summit 2020 - Let’s meet in Linz.
- The next HaxeUp probably will be around next February at InnoGames office!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Poptropica are in need of a developer to Integrate GAF into OpenFL.
- New job offer from Persona Game Studio (Novosibirsk, Russia) who are looking for a Haxe game developer.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Cursed Treasure 2 has been ported to HTML5 and is now live on Kongregate!
- Just Slide made with Stencyl is available on Kongregate!
- New monstrous puzzle game Monster Match out now on itch.io made with Haxe & HaxeFlixel.
- Nowt made in Stencyl is
50%off on itch.io.
- Halloween Special event in Dicey Dungeons.
In case you missed it
- CHEAP GOLF is now MOBILE. Get it on iOS and Android!
- Robert Alvarez has finished his short puzzle game Triadic, which was made with Stencyl.
- It’s about the Journey, a game made with Stencyl by MortMort is available on
- TDS is an HTML5 top-down shooter with vector graphics made with Haxe.
- Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev now has a Steam page! And there is also a new demo available (same levels as before, but with some minor additions and improvements). The development of the game is progressing steadily, but the planned release is moved to early 2020.
- After 180 million plays on the web, Renegade Racing is COMING SOON to the App Store and Google Play, bigger and better than before! Check out the old trailer and pre-register on Google Play!
- GADTs By Use Cases, a ScalaIO 2019 Workshop.
- CBS’s tutorial for Armory3d UI part-1 of 2 goal video by Urjasvi Suthar. And here you can read the current state of this tutorial.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
In case you missed it
- Work on the new revamped graphical builder for HaxeUI is going well, which will also plug into the “IDE” soon, but coming to
- Rigid body simulation browser demo by Javid Jafari.
- Woot Math’s team mode is made in Haxe.
- Michael Bickel is using Haxe to program and control a drone!
- You know what would be a crazy thing to do 2 1/2 years into dev? Increasing the resolution of your game of course! And… That’s what Octosoft team did in Renaine!
- Caribou is working on an arena web multiplayer game. But not sure how it will evolve…
- A new quick video from “Phantom Path”: Turn yourself into flames to pass through obstacles.
- The floor is made of lava in “Scales: A Pangolin Story” by Hello Lightbulb.
- SUPER Cute Alien has been featured at “Tucumán Hace Videojuegos” at Ingenio Cultural, Argentina.
- Playing with WebVR dev on Oculus Quest using Haxe & ThreeJS.
- On my way to implementing a ledge grab functionality with debug sprites, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Working on colliding polygon shapes video by Austin East.
- All you can do in ArachnoPunk is jump by Benny Heller.
- Couple of updates for RPG map editor by Sébastien Bénard:
- Check out the latest updates on SonarSmash by Derek Sonnenberg:
- A preview of torcado’s UI side project.
- A couple of new GIFs from Heck Deck by torcado:
- A few quick videos of Triadic puzzle game made with Stencyl by Robert Alvarez:
- Some new updates about Little Square Things by Gregory Reed:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Nothing this week.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Hint-conditional for compilation improvements proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
33~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Target tier list.
- Method contracts discussion.
[wip]Tail recursion elimination pull request.
[js]Lets see if
Object.create(null)makes sense for
StringMapnowadays pull request.
[analyzer]Compiler crash on
nullaccess modifier with
thisproposal has been rejected.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!