Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- New UX feature for FlashDevelop implemented by SlavaRa: ProjectManager panel could be opened by
ProjectMenu.LocateActiveFilekeys combination (
Shift + Alt + Lby default).
- Steam Deep Dive by Lars Doucet is now on the front page of Steam! The store DD widget is under A/B test, so if you’re logged in, it will show up for about half of you.
- Haxe Checkstyle
2.5.0has been release. Check out the release thread which goes into more detail on whats changed.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress: October 2019 by Lars Doucet.
- Darksburg - Dev Diary 2: Characters by Shiro Games.
- One Page Dungeon Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- More goodies in the latest ArmorPaint dev builds: Split view, plugin manager, auto-save, improved decal scaling, UV controls for fill layers, faster layer handling, blend modes, enhanced picker tool and more. Also Lubos is adding a way to create custom material nodes with plugins, which will make it possible to integrate new node systems, extend existing node set or write material shader by hand.
- OpenFL developement: Calling Spritesheet, DragonBones, Spriter, Spine, GAF (etc) developers to help implement and test the new
- The poll by Thomas J. Webb about a HaxeUp in California has ended and it will be in early April somewhere in the LA or Santa Monica area. Comment if you want to help plan or have preferences about time or place.
In case you missed it
- HaxeUI v2 has been officially released!
- Dicey Dungeons preparations for IndieCade. It also won Grand Jury Prize! And here is the list of all winners.
- Improvement for FlashDevelop’s contextual generator inside
abstractby SlavaRa is already in nightly builds.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Custom item renderers, scroll bars, and more!
- Thomas J. Webb is interested in hosting a HaxeUp next Spring in California: Take the informal poll for where it should be hosted.
- A “Top Secret” mini-game hidden inside a web comic (Click on the Arcade Screen!) has been rebuilt in HTML5. By Tim I Hely.
- A video by Lewis Lepton regarding upgrading macOS & asking code related questions, touching on OpenFrameworks, Haxe, Kha and more.
- The Conquest update for Northgard is here! Watch the trailer and read about it.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Poptropica are in need of a developer to Integrate GAF into OpenFL.
- New job offer from Persona Game Studio (Novosibirsk, Russia) who are looking for a Haxe game developer.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- CHEAP GOLF is now MOBILE. Get it on iOS and Android!
- Robert Alvarez has finished his short puzzle game Triadic, which was made with Stencyl.
- It’s about the Journey, a game made with Stencyl by MortMort is available on
- TDS is an HTML5 top-down shooter with vector graphics made with Haxe.
- Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev now has a Steam page! And there is also a new demo available (same levels as before, but with some minor additions and improvements). The development of the game is progressing steadily, but the planned release is moved to early 2020.
- After 180 million plays on the web, Renegade Racing is COMING SOON to the App Store and Google Play, bigger and better than before! Check out the old trailer and pre-register on Google Play!
In case you missed it
- Arcade shooter + Tetris = Utilizer Deluxe! A year and a half in development on Haxe and Kha Framework and the game is finally released! Many thanks to all Haxe and Kha community!
- Roof Rage has been released onto the Nintendo Switch!
- The Cheap Golf SUSAN Supporter Pack is live on Steam, including: Art, Movies, Humor, Let’s Play Vids, and the full OST to Cheap Golf.
- General Joyride has been released onto Facebook Instant Games.
- Jack: Snake Attack is out on the App Store, made with Stencyl.
- Save the date, as the Conquest update is making its way to Northgard on October 22nd, by Shiro Games.
v1.5of Dicey Dungeons is out. Check out the full list of changes.
- Part 2: Resources of City Building Simulator tutorial for Armory3D by Urjasvi Suthar. The source code is available at GitHub.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
In case you missed it
- The HaxeUI “IDE” is now running in the browser, in remote mode and showing GitHub login.
- “Not a real benchmark test, but I am already impressed by how quick CabasaVM loads WASM and executes”.
- Heaps-Man is a Pac-Man clone by Edu Alonso to learn Haxe and Heaps. Play it online!
- Floyds Puzzle is new game made with Kha.
- Jérémy Fa latest
- No vehicles in SUPER Cute Alien? Rideable monstars then!
- Collision Test demo by GeoKureli showing circle physics in HaxeFlixel.
- Experiments with interactive canvas using NodeJS, Cloud functions, Firestore, Haxe, Lua, Defold, Dialogflow and Firebase.
- Axol Studio is working on a Halloween Game.
- “Trying something old out for the intro” pixel art animation made with Stencyl.
- Turning around by Benny Heller.
- Implemented a little redesign for the energy bar.
- Putting together the daily chest menu, what could be inside?
- Quite a few updated graphics.
- Early entity search/seek tests for a rogue like game.
- The latest update to a pseudo-3D scene renderer made in Stencyl.
- A small Renaine gamedev stream showing preparations of a demo for Playcrafting Halloween Expo. via Octosoft team.
- Army that makes you happy.
- More screenshots showing improvements for Little Square Things by Gregory S Reed:
- Some progress of the WIP first person dungeon crawler by Aidan Lee:
- A few new GIFs from WIP game Heck Deck by torcado:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
v2.5.0has been released.
[record-macros]Merge in the DbAdmin library pull request.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Hint-conditional for compilation improvements proposal.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
nullaccess modifier with
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
30~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing interesting this week.
In case you missed it
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!