Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- A new ArmorPaintDXR build is up, featuring the ‘Bake - AO (DXR)’ option. It’s the first build ever running on Direct3D12.
- The source code for Steam Diving Bell the prototype for Steam Deep Dive by Lars Doucet is now available on GitHub under the MIT license.
- A new update to Deep Dive by Lars Doucet came out on 9th of October.
In case you missed it
- Deep Dive: Updated matching algorithms & new controls talks about the new version of Steam Labs Deep Dive which came out on 1st of October. Lars Doucet is looking for any feedback, the best way is to leave a comment on the Labs forums.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
v0.7.2has been release by Oleg Dolya. Check out a couple of screenshots experimenting with contour lines.
- Dead Cells has sold
2.4munits across all platforms; Switch sales have been described as “completely ridiculous”.
- Making a thing for fun or something… video by Tim I Hely.
- A small video about controls in Northgard.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- New job offer from Persona Game Studio (Novosibirsk, Russia) who are looking for a Haxe game developer.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Evoland: Legendary Edition gets a physical release today (10th of October)! Only
5,000copies have been printed.
- Lunar Station is a tense, atmospheric puzzle game, made in Stencyl.
- Alex Johansson has updated Corporate Salmon on iOS.
- Escape Zolstar is available now on Steam.
In case you missed it
- Ben Morris has published Kitty Catalyst, which is a incremental game where you raise and breed cats and made with HaxePunk.
- Little Square Things is a free sokoban-like puzzle game by Gregory S. Reed, made with HaxeFlixel and is out now on Steam and itch.io. Gregory is also working on future updates for the game, like the ability to undo moves, expansion packs, a mobile release, and a level editor.
- Dead Cells is now available on Apple TV! And it is coming to Android as well, but it will take some time!
- City builder simulator tutorial using Armory3D by Urjasvi Suthar.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- NOWT made with Stencyl by Alex Johansson.
- Boho in Baller Land made with HaxeFlixel.
- Sabotage made with Heaps by Sébastien Bénard.
- Untitled Goop Game made with Stencyl by Unept.
- Start Powerless made with Stencyl by Robert Alvarez.
- Tale of the Dreamer by Joshua Stone.
- Cell Warp made with Stencyl by Cory Martin.
- A Horse Called Nothing made with HaxeFlixel.
- Lotor is made with OpenFL. Also check out the timelapse video.
- Hungry Hungry Spiders made with HaxePunk by Ben Morris.
- World Collector made with HaxeFlixel by Joe Williamson.
- Wallpunch - a platformer made with Haxe, pecan, and a minimal WebGL framework, coming out soon.
- Beyond the Horizon made with Heaps by Yanrishatum.
- From the Deep made with HaxeFlixel for LD34 now has a HTML version.
- SlavaRa continues his work on improving Haxe support in FlashDevelop/HaxeDevelop. This week he has added the following features:
- A few quick videos from the WIP first person dungeon crawler by Aidan Lee, with the source code available at GitHub:
- Jérémy Fa decided to participate in
#Inktober2019, so here are his generativeart/creativecoding sketches made with Ceramic framework:
- GeoKureli didn’t make the deadline of LD45 but he is pretty happy with the result considering it was only 12~ hours of work.
- ElementalCode has added pathfinding courtesy of hxdaedalus and fixed the zoolander effect when having to turn.
- Fun side project by Michael Bickel.
- First boss character in “Scales: A Pangolin Story” is coming along nicely. Check out the quick video of automatic saving screens.
- Croaking Hill by 1speed studio has dialog choices now!
- Daniel Orellana is working on some new environment mechanics for WIP Star Kid, a 2D side-scrolling adventure game set in an aztec inspired fantastical world, which he is making with HaxeFlixel.
- Oleg Dolya has started working on a new dungeon generator, check out the latest screenshots:
- Couple of new quick videos from Heck Deck by torcado:
- Gregory S Reed is working on various improvements for Little Square Things:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
nullaccess modifier with
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
32~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[hxcpp]Add write-barrier on Array set merged.
In case you missed it
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!