Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Deep Dive: Updated matching algorithms & new controls talks about the new version of Steam Labs Deep Dive which came out on 1st of October. Lars Doucet is looking for any feedback, the best way is to leave a comment on the Labs forums.
In case you missed it
- Deep Dive (which is made with Haxe) by Lars Doucet is now live on Steam Labs!
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
v0.7.2has been release by Oleg Dolya. Check out a couple of screenshots experimenting with contour lines.
- Dead Cells has sold
2.4munits across all platforms; Switch sales have been described as “completely ridiculous”.
- Dead Cells from Motion Twin and Playdigious for iOS has been updated to fully support the latest features of iOS
- Check out Issue
#337of Edge magazine if you want to learn more about how Dead Cells was made.
- Solid Aether has been exhibited at the Tokyo Game Show 2019! And a mobile version of the game is in the works!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- New job offer from Persona Game Studio (Novosibirsk, Russia) who are looking for a Haxe game developer.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Ben Morris has published Kitty Catalyst, which is a incremental game where you raise and breed cats and made with HaxePunk.
- Little Square Things is a free sokoban-like puzzle game by Gregory S. Reed, made with HaxeFlixel and is out now on Steam and itch.io. Gregory is also working on future updates for the game, like the ability to undo moves, expansion packs, a mobile release, and a level editor.
- Dead Cells is now available on Apple TV! And it is coming to Android as well, but it will take some time!
In case you missed it
- Coming soon: the SUSAN SUPPORTER PACK on Steam, October 14th. Including CHEAP GOLF OST + Art, Humor, Music, Videos & More Art.
- WAHLRENNEN is a small browser game by Rat King. It was commissioned by the Centre for Political Education of Thuringia. And it’s made with Heaps.
- Northgard is out NOW on the Nintendo Switch!
- Tong has updated Haxe type definitions for Three.js to
- Ogmo-3-lib is Haxe parser for Project and Level files generated by the Ogmo Editor 3.
- Syo has returned to work on Jitter Sandbox, so check out the latest screenshot.
- Adding the background makes such a big difference in “Scales: a Pangolin Story” game by Hello Lightbulb.
- Pop up tutorials in SUPER Cute Alien.
- An editor for Armory3d made with HaxeUI?
- Spiders wear all kinds of “boots” in ArachnoPunk by Benny Heller.
- Couple of new screenshots from Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev.
- Here’s some footage of Alex Johansson’s WW1 strategy game based around MORSE Code.
- Couple of quick videos from WIP 3D platformer by Danny Yaroslavski:
- Couple of GIFs from Haxe discord server:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[hxgenjs]ES6 super call ordering fixed.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Carry comments through to target language proposal.
nullaccess modifier with
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
14~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
In case you missed it
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!