Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.0.0-rc.4had been released!
2.15.0of the Haxe extension for Visual Studio Code is out, featuring improved conditional compilation support with Haxe
4.0.0-rc.4among other things.
- Setting Boundaries, Open Source, & Gamedev on Consoles by Lars Doucet.
- Valve has hired Lars Doucet to remake his “Diving Bell” prototype for Steam Labs (there is short note about it in this Gamasutra article)! And yes, Steam Deep Dive is being made with Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Haxelib Project GUI by Ian Harrigan.
- Console.hx - library for colours terminal output.
0.11has been released, checkout the migration guide.
- An interview with Jussi Simpanen the creator of Heart Star and Dangerous Dungeons.
- Dicey Dungeons got nominated for IndieCade Festival 2019 for this October 10th-12th.
- A new video series by Lewis Lepton: Let’s Kode: KhappyBalt. You can find more details, links to the source code and a playable version over at the games itch.io page.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- The HTML5 version of Unicycle Hero (a game by Unept made with Stencyl) is now available!
- Wilmot’s Warehouse came out on Steam. It’s a puzzle game which was a finalist for “Excellence in Design” at the 2018 Independent Games Festival Awards and it’s made with OpenFL.
In case you missed it
- THE INVASION IS HERE! BREAK N TAKE by Alex Johansson is now available to play on iOS.
- Tower Defence game Cursed Treasure by IriySoft is available now on HTML5 and mobile. Play it in browser, on Android or iOS.
- Dead Cells by Motion Twin is available on iOS now. And before you ask, YES, it’s coming to Android at a later date!
1.3of Dicey Dungeons is now up on Steam. Checkout the full list of changes.
- Threading macro like Clojure and pipe operator article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Pixi version
4.8.8has been released.
- Matthijs Kamstra updated his creativecode library and now you can generate the basic papertoy shapes with code. For now you can preview it online.
- flite by Dan Korostelev’s is a fork of OpenFL which will work with Kha (WIP currently).
- Lubos is working on ray-traced baking in ArmorPaint, which will handle AO and cavity maps initially (plus existing baking features).
- Fun with terrain in ArmorPaint by Lubos.
- Progress on the Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.7.2by Oleg Dolya.
- Revisiting the idea of curved alleys by Oleg Dolya.
- Urjasvi Suthar is working on tutorials for Armory3D, and he would love to get all types of feedbacks! Checkout the GitHub repo for tutorials and you can also vote for the next tutorials!
- Introducing the first of the Revenants in Darksburg. Meet the Brute!
- Hello Lightbulb has added sneaky pixel snake in Scales: A Pangolin Story.
- 3 of 4 new enemies introduced in Heck Deck by Torcado.
- Chompies in Renaine attack enemies only when you do.
- Brad Gill’s craftables tool for Don’t Starve Together uses Logipar library.
- A screenshot (via Haxe Discord) from a WIP game being made with Heaps by ratrogue.
- Using macros to parse and insert a level as an array preview from Jeremy Meltingtallow.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[format]Fix Neko Bytecode parser merged.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
nullaccess modifier with
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
71~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Reduce excessive casts merged.
- Close every timer instead of skipping orphaned ones merged.
- Server maintenance discussion.
- Reduce memory consumption of local variables discussion.
- Compilation server cache (leak?) issues.
js.libMap and Set merged.
- Fix detection of module names on
In case you missed it
- Investigate binary format for typed AST - comment.
[hxnodejs]Update global API to
[cli]Disallow changing the
- Don’t allow to define reserved flags via
- Timers rework pull request.
[server/cache]Compilation server reorganization merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!