Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxelib Project GUI by Ian Harrigan.
- Console.hx - library for colours terminal output.
0.11has been released, checkout the migration guide.
- An interview with Jussi Simpanen the creator of Heart Star and Dangerous Dungeons.
- Dicey Dungeons got nominated for IndieCade Festival 2019 for this October 10th-12th.
In case you missed it
- A small followup Twitter poll by Pete Shand on "Why havent you upgraded to Haxe
- Feathers UI - Haxe Devlog: Layouts, AssetLoader, CI and more.
- WebLiero - A game made with Haxe community announcement.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress: August 2019 by Lars Doucet.
- New releases of OpenFL and Lime are OUT! And OpenFL’s team is on the way to building a bigger, stronger OpenFL 9 release soon!
- SciAnts Evolved by Axol Studio will be demoed at next month’s First Friday at The Saint Louis Science Center and at PixelPop Festival.
- Checkout the Multitouch Photo Viewer demo by Patrick Gutlich made with OpenFL and Haxe.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Steve Filby (Marketing Manager of Motion Twin) will participate in “Monsters of Indie” Superstar Dev Panel at PAX West on September 1st.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Shiro Games is recruiting for different roles to expand their studio and work on upcoming, exciting projects!
- Mino Games (Montreal, Canada) is hiring Haxe developers to join their small group of passionate engineers and artists.
- Tamar Curry has opened
$50bug bounty for improving TextField performance in OpenFL. Here is also related issue in the OpenFL repo.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- THE INVASION IS HERE! BREAK N TAKE by Alex Johansson is now available to play on iOS.
- Tower Defence game Cursed Treasure by IriySoft is available now on HTML5 and mobile. Play it in browser, on Android or iOS.
- Dead Cells by Motion Twin is available on iOS now. And before you ask, YES, it’s coming to Android at a later date!
1.3of Dicey Dungeons is now up on Steam. Checkout the full list of changes.
In case you missed it
1.1of Dicey Dungeons is now live on Steam!
- Northgard is now available to pre-order on Nintendo Switch. Via Shiro Games twitter page.
- GeoKureli has updated their game Flesh to Stone.
- js13kback is a game for
#js13kby Jeremy Meltingtallow.
- Damn Night is an entry for
#lowrezjam2019 by Gauthier Billot. The game’s source code can be found at GitHub.
- Threading macro like Clojure and pipe operator article.
- Prototype SSL Socket Server article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Genes is custom JS (ES6) generator for split JS files +
d.ts+ custom source maps, inspired by hxgenjs and hxtsdgen, more details can be found in the Gitter thread.
- Spritesheet Revivor: A gamedev tool built with HaxeUI.
- Numerix is a cross-platform Native or Simulated Signed and Unsigned Integers and Operations Haxe library by 'Damilare Darmie Akinlaja.
- CToHx is a C/C++ To Haxe Converter by Kaelan Evans.
- Logipar – an open source logic parsing library by Brad Gill.
- Matthijs Kamstra is working on a “Weird book” project, powered by Raspberry Pi and Haxe:
- The new node-editor by Michael Bickel works with his asset-management & configurator-engine.
- First enemy type in “Scales: A Pangolin Story” game by Hello Lightbulb.
- New screenshot from WIP game by 1speed studio.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
58~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Investigate binary format for typed AST - comment.
[hxnodejs]Update global API to
[cli]Disallow changing the
- Don’t allow to define reserved flags via
- Timers rework pull request.
[server/cache]Compilation server reorganization merged.
In case you missed it
[server]Initialization status fixed.
- Documentation cleanup in
[cs]Generated casts are not consistent fixed.
- Type parameter + closure + inlines = invalid syntax tree fixed
[macro]Function kind in AST merged. Breaking change
[python/lua]Allow nullable class name for
- Keep track of String literal kinds merged.
float_of_stringexception in weird conditionals issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!