Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Two weeks left to back Feathers UI for Haxe and OpenFL.
- If Feathers UI can get to
$10K, the Moonshine IDE team guarantees
$15Kto reach the Kickstarter goal!
- War Stories: Designing Dead Cells was a marriage of man and machine - an interview with Dead Cells lead designer Sébastien Bénard.
- A new role based access control library for Haxe has been released!
- Write your first ‘Hello World’ Game Screen in 5 seconds with HaxeFlixel by Priyansh Sangule.
- Procgen Mansion by Oleg Dolya has been updated: size selection, floor plans export and lots of small visual improvements.
- Defender’s Quest 2 Progress: February - July 2019 by Lars Doucet.
- New update on Feathers UI Kickstarter campaign: SWF targets now enabled in the OpenFL version of Feathers UI!
- New ArmorPaint builds are up! Now with curvature baker,
.exrexport, undo for layer operations, custom keymaps and 256 layers per project!
- Flaxe - A Flash/AS2/AS3 conversion helper by Eric Bishton.
- Gamedevbynight has made an extern generator for OpenUI5. Checkout the externs themselves and examples repo.
- Haxe Toolkit plugin
v1.2for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and other JetBrains’ products is now available. Includes 2019.x support!
- Contributing to the Haxe Manual is easier than ever!
- Juraj Kirchheim is looking into putting together a Haxe coding camp on Coconut (a reactive UI framework).
- The Official release of Haxe
4.0.0-rc.3has been announced, including the new JVM target, improved Unicode support and IDE services!
2.13.0and a brand-new extension for the lix package manager are now available in the VSCode marketplace.
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP027 - Image color.
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP028 - Image manipulate.
- Checkout the Darksburg PvP trailer!
- Armory3d - Dissolve Tutorial video by Armory Blender.
- SciAnts Evolved Gameplay Trailer
[BETA]by Axol Studio (the game is being made with HaxeFlixel).
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- None this week.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Nevosoft Inc (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to join Charm Farm team.
- Room 8 Studio (Kiev, Ukraine) are looking for a C#/Haxe developer.
- Inno Games are looking for a Frontend (Haxe) developer (btw, you could apply through Dan Korostelev, who is working at Inno Games).
- Poptropica game are looking for a remote Haxe developer to convert Flash games to web and mobile.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Tankzors Lux (made with Kha) by RblSb has been released onto Android.
- Attraction Force by Ohsat Games will be released on July 26th 2019.
- BREAK N TAKE by Alex Johansson is available for preorder on iOS. The game will be released on 28th of August 2019. Alex has also prepared a press kit for the game.
- Anders Nissen has released his Stoneset game onto iOS.
- The Signature Edition of Northgard is available to pre-order now for XBox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
- Threading macro like Clojure and pipe operator article.
- Prototype SSL Socket Server article.
- Haxe to Emscripten article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Jeff Ward has been playing with SDF and Heaps.io. Checkout the web version of his experiment and the source code.
- A little bit of fun with HaxeUI bitmap themes from Ian Harrigan.
- Guilherme Recchi C. forked Sébastien Bénard’s game jam project template and removed all Motion Twin closed source code. Checkout the itch.io template page and the GitHub repo.
- Proof of concept by Matthijs Kamstra that his creative coding library can switch between canvas and SVG rendering.
- Headbang Club are working hard on Double Kick Heroes!
- Cross promo popup for BREAK N TAKE integrated in other games by Alex Johansson.
- New GIF from the game by Austin East.
- Spooky GIF from the WIP 2D adventure game (made with Kha) by 1speed studio.
- Bulbombs in Renaine are territorial desert plants which fire mortal seeds at intruding knights. Jump over them and they’ll unleash a sneaky vine attack!
- Debugging in Renaine can look kinda funky.
- Flappy Nerd - a GIF from an upcoming platformer game Joe Williamson.
- Super simple platform game by Hello Lightbulb using assets from Phaser tutorials.
- New GIFs from Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Performance improvement proposals for
[nme]NME now supports Gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Fix implicit return of arrow functions for
- Date improvements merged.
[js]Improve TypedArray merged.
- Context warnings API merged.
[cs]Add using statements via
-D hxcs.DEFINEand add documentation pull request.
[cs]Add support for .NET core
[hxcs]Add .NET core netlibs merged.
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!