Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- New update on Feathers UI Kickstarter campaign: SWF targets now enabled in the OpenFL version of Feathers UI!
- New ArmorPaint builds are up! Now with curvature baker,
.exrexport, undo for layer operations, custom keymaps and 256 layers per project!
- Oleg Dolya has published his plans for July. Plus a few screenshots from his Procgen Mansion project.
- Andy Li has written an article about how livestreaming his work helps him to stay focused.
- Andy Li has also worked on and live-streamed setting up Azure Pipelines for Hashlink.
- Coconut.questions - questions & answers about
coconut.uiby Mark Knol.
- Flaxe - A Flash/AS2/AS3 conversion helper by Eric Bishton.
- With RBXHaxe
1.0.0you can write a Roblox game in Haxe now. Checkout the short tutorial.
- Gamedevbynight has made an extern generator for OpenUI5. Checkout the externs themselves and examples repo.
- A new FeathersUI Kickstarter reward has been added for a
- Dice Dice Baby is a little Dicey Dungeons update by Terry Cavanagh.
- Jeff Ward has written some details about how to add hxScout / hxTelemetry profiler support into frameworks. Kha support is currently being discussed.
- Kickstarter: Feathers UI for Haxe and OpenFL has officially launched!
- Haxe Toolkit plugin
v1.2for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and other JetBrains’ products is now available. Includes 2019.x support!
- Contributing to the Haxe Manual is easier than ever!
- Ian Harrigan has created a Haxe to Maven transpiler plugin.
- Juraj Kirchheim is looking into putting together a Haxe coding camp on Coconut (a reactive UI framework).
- The Official release of Haxe
4.0.0-rc.3has been announced, including the new JVM target, improved Unicode support and IDE services!
2.13.0and a brand-new extension for the lix package manager are now available in the VSCode marketplace.
- Checkout the short video of George Corney’s latest project – an interactive fluid simulation that you control with your body.
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP025 - Noise 1d.
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP026 - Image.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- None this week.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Nevosoft Inc (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to join Charm Farm team.
- Room 8 Studio (Kiev, Ukraine) are looking for a C#/Haxe developer.
- Inno Games are looking for a Frontend (Haxe) developer (btw, you could apply through Dan Korostelev, who is working at Inno Games).
- Poptropica game are looking for a remote Haxe developer to convert Flash games to web and mobile.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Anders Nissen has released his Stoneset game on iOS.
- The iOS version of Dead Cells has been delayed. The new release date is 28th of August.
- The Signature Edition of Northgard is available to pre-order now for XBox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
- Trigono has been released, now available on iOS.
- Perfect Fit is a puzzle game (made in Stencyl) about removing triangular segments from hexagons until no parts remain. It’s available on iOS and Android.
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen is now available on Steam, Android and iOS.
- Latest version of RPG Map 2 by Sébastien Bénard is out, adding fog/darkness, water, new fonts, map imports and more.
- Threading macro like Clojure and pipe operator article.
- Prototype SSL Socket Server article.
- Haxe to Emscripten article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Matthijs Kamstra continues his work on generative art sketches:
- Matthijs Kamstra has also created externs for
dat.GUI. Here are also:
- Concept for the press start page of the Scales game by Hello Lightbulb.
- Regular shots won’t do it for the big Boxbots in Attraction Force by Ohsat Games.
- New GIF from Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh - Finally got this little guy in the game. And a new tune for the game by Chipzel.
- Don’t Panic has streamed some work on 2D adventure game which he is making with Haxe/Kha.
- Doom’s E1M1 under the OpenFL API using
graphics.lineToby Kaelan Evans.
- BREAK N TAKE had been submitted for AppStore review.
- Darksburg editor screenshot from Haxe discord server.
- New video and summer theme of Frontier Story by jmw.
- The latest updates of “Pixel Hero” by Ben Simms:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Performance improvement proposals for
[nme]NME now supports Gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
69~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
Intcan be re-assigned when returned from extern inline function issue.
- Fix unification of recursive typedefs pull request.
- Date improvements merged.
[js]Improve TypedArray merged.
- Context warnings API merged.
[cs]Add using statements via
-D hxcs.DEFINEand add documentation pull request.
[cs]Add support for .NET core
[hxcs]Add .NET core netlibs merged.
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!