Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- A sneak peek of the new Design Mode coming to Stencyl.
- A new FeathersUI Kickstarter reward has been added for a
- Dice Dice Baby is a little Dicey Dungeons update by Terry Cavanagh.
- Jeff Ward has written some details about how to add hxScout / hxTelemetry profiler support into frameworks. Kha support is currently being discussed.
- Kickstarter: Feathers UI for Haxe and OpenFL has officially launched!
- Haxe Toolkit plugin
v1.2for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and other JetBrains’ products is now available. Includes 2019.x support!
- Contributing to the Haxe Manual is easier than ever!
- Ian Harrigan has created a Haxe to Maven transpiler plugin.
- Juraj Kirchheim is looking into putting together a Haxe coding camp on Coconut (a reactive UI framework).
- The Official release of Haxe
4.0.0-rc.3has been announced, including the new JVM target, improved Unicode support and IDE services!
2.13.0and a brand-new extension for the lix package manager are now available in the VSCode marketplace.
- Green tests are nice, but what about coverage?. A post on the state of coverage, mostly in VSCode.
- Two millions copies of Dead Cells have been sold!.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP023 - Morph grid.
- Shader Tutorial Series - EP024 - Circle color pulse.
- Checkout the trailer for BREAK N TAKE, an extraterrestrial arcade experience of battering buildings with plasma balls and flinging flailing humans into orbit!
- Checkout the trailer for Trigono, an arcade puzzle game.
- A quick video about OTO by Lewis Lepton.
- The Brinker has tried Haxe with Roblox and made a short video summary of their attempt.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- None this week.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- A new job offer involving Haxe in Copenhagen at Laerdal Copenhagen.
- Bounty (up to
250US$) for finishing the implementation UWP (WINRT) using ANGLE (in Lime).
- Nevosoft Inc (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to join Charm Farm team.
- Room 8 Studio (Kiev, Ukraine) are looking for a C#/Haxe developer.
- Inno Games are looking for a Frontend (Haxe) developer (btw, you could apply through Dan Korostelev, who is working at Inno Games).
- Poptropica game are looking for a remote Haxe developer to convert Flash games to web and mobile.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- The Signature Edition of Northgard is available to pre-order now for XBox One, PS4 and the Nintendo Switch.
- Trigono has been released, now available on iOS.
- Perfect Fit is a puzzle game (made in Stencyl) about removing triangular segments from hexagons until no parts remain. It’s available on iOS and Android.
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen is now available on Steam, Android and iOS.
- New game release: funy slug game by gummywormz.
- Latest version of RPG Map 2 by Sébastien Bénard is out, adding fog/darkness, water, new fonts, map imports and more.
- New game by Stephen Lavelle - steurungsbefehlverfuegbarkeitskachelmarkierungsverwaltungsgeraet, made with OpenFL.
- Anders Nissen has released his free mobile puzzle game Stoneset on Android!
- Prototype SSL Socket Server article.
- Haxe to Emscripten article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Generative art sketches by Matthijs Kamstra are back!
- New GIF from Heck Deck by torcado: New enemy, poker chips.
- New GIF from Austin East: cookin up some mushrooms tonight.
- Some NPCs could be recruited temporarily in a mission in Hegemone Pass by Ingénoire.
- Checkout Alex Johansson’s game cabinets, at the Super Warehouse indie party organized by Joypad.
- Plus a couple of BREAK N TAKE videos by Alex Johansson:
- A couple of videos from “Pixel Hero” by Ben Simms:
- A couple of videos from Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
stddriver and start sqlite pull request.
[nme]NME now supports Gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
87~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[cs]Add using statements via
[js]Improve TypedArray merged.
- Date tests and issues pull request.
- Context warnings API merged.
- Hold error/warning messages while trying to unify call arguments pull request.
-D hxcs.DEFINEand add documentation pull request.
[cs]Add support for .NET core
[hxcs]Add .NET core netlibs merged.
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
- Rework iterator/iterable/array access resolving in
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!