Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Kickstarter: Feathers UI for Haxe and OpenFL has officially launched!
- Haxe Toolkit plugin
v1.2for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and other JetBrains’ products is now available. Includes 2019.x support!
- SlavaRa has added tooltip for overloaded operator. The code isn’t in nightly builds of FlashDevelop/HaxeDevelop yet, but will be soon.
- Contributing to the Haxe Manual is easier than ever!
- Ian Harrigan has created a Haxe to Maven transpiler plugin.
- Juraj Kirchheim is looking into putting together a Haxe coding camp on Coconut (a reactive UI framework).
- The Official release of Haxe
4.0.0-rc.3has been announced, including the new JVM target, improved Unicode support and IDE services!
2.13.0and a brand-new extension for the lix package manager are now available in the VSCode marketplace.
0.6under the hood stats - 23% faster painting, 34% less gpu mem for layer storage, 43% less gpu mem for mesh storage, 72% faster startup, 59% faster
- Quick news from SUPER Cute Alien, the game got second place at Game Development World Championship’s Fan Favourite Week 5 and it got featured on PressOver.
- Green tests are nice, but what about coverage?. A post on the state of coverage, mostly in VSCode.
- Two millions copies of Dead Cells have been sold!.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- Andy Li has been working on (and also streaming) migration of Neko’s and HXCPP’s CI to Azure Pipelines. ⏳
- New videos by Lewis Lepton:
- Northgard - Official Consoles Announcement Trailer. Northgard will come out on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One at the end of September.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- None this week.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Nevosoft Inc (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to join Charm Farm team.
- Room 8 Studio (Kiev, Ukraine) are looking for a C#/Haxe developer.
- Inno Games are looking for a Frontend (Haxe) developer (btw, you could apply through Dan Korostelev, who is working at Inno Games).
- Poptropica game are looking for a remote Haxe developer to convert Flash games to web and mobile.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Latest version of RPG Map 2 by Sébastien Bénard is out, adding fog/darkness, water, new fonts, map imports and more.
- New game by Stephen Lavelle - steurungsbefehlverfuegbarkeitskachelmarkierungsverwaltungsgeraet, made with OpenFL.
- Anders Nissen has released his free mobile puzzle game Stoneset on Android!
- The iOS version of Dead Cells is now available for pre-order with a special -10% discount!
- RPG Map II is a “tabletop RPG” oriented map maker, created with the “keep it clean & simple” philosophy in mind by Sébastien Bénard using Heaps, available for Windows and HTML5, with Mac support coming soon.
- Haxe to Emscripten article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Jeff Ward got an SSL Socket connection working in Haxe and decided that it’s better to submit it to the Cookbook.
- Quaternion for rotation demo (arrows to rotate, cmd and alt for z axis rotate) and its source code by Nanjizal.
- Couple of videos of HaxeUI by Ian Harrigan:
- A few GIFs of ShoeBoxNodes by Hendrik Schoenmaker:
- SUPER Cute Alient team is working hard towards a story prologue. And also have a new Surprise Mechanic video.
- Ingénoire has redesigned Ethan and Yvonne from Hegemone Pass.
- 1speed team is making an adventure game about ghosts… and stuff. Here are quick video and screenshot from it.
- Spot the chameleon in Renaine.
- Joe Williamson is working on a kaizo platformer.
- 3D Character Controller based on Squished Capsule Colliders are coming along really nicely.
- Couple of dev screenshots from ExaStar by Koko:
- A bunch of videos and screenshots from “BREAK N TAKE” by Alex Johansson:
- A few screenshots from “Pixel Hero” (previously known as “Barcode Battler”, and the game now has a website) by Ben Simms:
- A couple of GIF’s from
WIPOTO (a minimalist platformer with puzzle mechanics) by Lewis Lepton:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
stddriver and start sqlite pull request.
[nme]NME now supports Gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
83~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Ensure macro
fromabstract methods return compatible type pull request
[hxcpp]Allow binding of previous Cppia class version if type hasnt been compiled pull request.
- Context warnings API pull request.
- Limit octal string escapes to ASCII range merged.
- Allow enums ctors without args in
static inline vars merged.
- Hold error/warning messages while trying to unify call arguments pull request.
[js]Improve downcasting generation merged.
-D hxcs.DEFINEand add documentation pull request.
[cs]Add support for .NET core
[cs]Fix net-lib parsing merged.
[hxcs]Add .NET core netlibs merged.
jvmalternative output for the
- Rework iterator/iterable/array access resolving in
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!