Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Official release of Haxe
4.0.0-rc.3! has been announced, including the new JVM target, improved Unicode support and IDE services!
4.0.0-rc3release overview post & video by Game From Scratch.
2.13.0and a brand-new extension for the lix package manager are now available in the VSCode marketplace.
- The Kickstarter campaign of Feathers UI for Haxe & OpenFL will start next week!
- SlavaRa continues working on new features for FlashDevelop/HaxeDevelop by adding improved support for anonymous structures and support for auto-values for enum abstracts.
0.6under the hood stats - 23% faster painting, 34% less gpu mem for layer storage, 43% less gpu mem for mesh storage, 72% faster startup, 59% faster
- Small Untitled RPG Devlog 4 by Peter Achberger.
- Quick news from SUPER Cute Alien, the game got second place at Game Development World Championship’s Fan Favourite Week 5 and it got featured on PressOver.
- Green tests are nice, but what about coverage?. A post on the state of coverage, mostly in VSCode.
- Two millions copies of Dead Cells have been sold!.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- Andy Li has been working on (and also streaming) migration of Haxe compiler CI to Azure Pipelines.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 and HKOSCon 2019 recordings are now available on Haxe site!
- The latest new videos by Lewis Lepton:
- Northgard - Official Consoles Announcement Trailer. Northgard will come out on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One at the end of September.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- The slides for the “What’s new in Haxe 4” talk by Andy Li (from HKOSCon 2019).
- The slides for “Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more” talk by Aleksandr Kuzmenko (from HKOSCon 2019).
- A couple of photos from HKOSCon 2019, Andy Li presenting Haxe 4 and Aleksandr Kuzmenko presenting the Haxe PHP target.
- None this week.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Room 8 Studio (Kiev, Ukraine) are looking for a C#/Haxe developer.
- Inno Games are looking for a Frontend (Haxe) developer (btw, you could apply through Dan Korostelev, who is working at Inno Games).
- Poptropica game are looking for a remote Haxe developer to convert Flash games to web and mobile.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Anders Nissen has released his free mobile puzzle game Stoneset on Android!
- The iOS version of Dead Cells is now available for pre-order with a special -10% discount!
- RPG Map II is a “tabletop RPG” oriented map maker, created with the “keep it clean & simple” philosophy in mind by Sébastien Bénard using Heaps, available for Windows and HTML5, with Mac support coming soon.
- Alex has released HaxeUI tableview demo, available from GitHub.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- How curved alleys would look in Medieval Fantasy City Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- Screenshot of the document generator for ShoeBoxNodes by Hendrik Schoenmaker.
- Some new docs for sys targets from Matthijs Kamstra:
- Meet Varag! One of the Survivors in Darksburg.
- Two short videos from BREAK N TAKE by Alex Johansson, game development can be fun and "in its proper context".
- Ancient city gate from Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev. Now animated.
- New aim bullet card in Heck Deck letting you shoot in any direction.
- Terry Cavanagh finished up the Jester Parallel Universe episode this week. Plus random equipment ideas.
- The oldschool high score table in Attraction Force is now a bit prettier. And a clip of some more action!
- Most frustrating game ever by Nicolas Counil and Benoit Beaudet.
- Things are getting flippy in Renaine.
- Battle system rework WiP + animated bgs from Hegemone Pass.
- New images and GIFs from “Barcode Battler” by Ben Simms:
gitOpen Web Expression Language for Haxe web development
gitHaxe port of npm slugify
0.1.0Foreign function interface library using libffi
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
[nme]NME now supports Gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
66~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
-D hxcs.DEFINEand add documentation pull request.
Anyas a wildcare type. Just like Dynamic pull request.
[cs]Add support for .NET core
[cs]Fix net-lib parsing merged.
[hxcs]Add .NET core netlibs merged.
jvmalternative output for the
- Rework iterator/iterable/array access resolving in
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files merged.
- Better error messages for
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!