Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Renaine Kickstarter Update
#25: Recap and E3!
- Quick news from SUPER Cute Alien, the game got second place at Game Development World Championship’s Fan Favourite Week 5 and it got featured on PressOver.
- Hegemone Pass’ Kickstarter campaign has failed, but Ingénoire has decided to continue working on it as the game will be completed anyway and he is back to the drawing board. The game’s demo is now available on itch.io.
- Green tests are nice, but what about coverage?. A post on the state of coverage, mostly in VSCode.
- Two millions copies of Dead Cells have been sold!.
- An Interview with Playdigious - Developers of Dead Cells Mobile.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- A Dangerous Walk Through Darksburg - Gameplay Trailer.
- New videos by Lewis Lepton:
- Couple of videos from Renaine:
- This week Andy Li has implemented pledge visibility setting and coupon system for giffon.io. Twitch videos are deleted 14 days after archiving.
- Northgard - Official Consoles Announcement Trailer. Northgard will come out on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One at the end of September.
- “Haxe - An understated powerhouse for software development” talk given by George Corney.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June, at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Room 8 Studio (Kiev, Ukraine) are looking for a C#/Haxe developer.
- Inno Games are looking for a Frontend (Haxe) developer (btw, you could apply through Dan Korostelev, who is working at Inno Games).
- Poptropica game are looking for a remote Haxe developer to convert Flash games to web and mobile.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Cookin’Truck (a food trucks management game) made with Haxe and Phaser by Spirkop Games will be relesed this month.
- New Dead Cells - Action Game of the Year physical editionis coming to PS4 and Nintendo Switch!
- “Charm Farm - Forest village” is a mobile farm game made with Haxe, OpenFL legacy and many other great open-source libraries made by Haxe community, which is now available world-wide on iOS and Android!
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen is coming to iOS, Android, PC and Mac on 3rd of July.
- RPG Map II is a “tabletop RPG” oriented map maker, created with the “keep it clean & simple” philosophy in mind by Sébastien Bénard using Heaps, available for Windows and HTML5, with Mac support coming soon.
- Alex has released HaxeUI tableview demo, available from GitHub.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Matthijs Kamstra has released Monkee, a minimal markdown static site generator. Also he has used his old SVG library to generate a nice pattern with Haxe.
- New 3D brush cursor with topological warp + angle and depth rejection in latest ArmorPaint builds.
- Werewolf Tycoon by Joe Williamson has been updated with much-needed mute options.
- Go away crabs from Leapin Lads by Cory Martin.
- Ancient city gate. Entering new zone! from Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev.
- Shakesoda got his game running on Oculus quest.
- Antriel has added Dear ImGui to his next Phaser game.
- Lars Doucet has “de-rusted” the DQ2 linux build.
- Jeremy Meltingtallow showed a quick update of his editor.
- Attraction Force now has a high score table. 3 initials only, as per tradition
- Over-engineering the debug tools in Koko’s game.
- jmw is trying to come up with character design for Frontier Story.
- Couple of GIFs from Heck Deck (made with OpenFL) by torcado:
- Dicey Dungeons’ team is at E3:
- Couple of images from “Barcode Battler” by Ben Simms:
- Couple of GIFs from BREAK N TAKE by Alex Johansson:
- Couple of GIFs from ShoeBoxNodes by Hendrik Schoenmaker:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[nme]NME now supports Gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
v2.1.1has been released.
[craxe]New anonymous support, initial dynamic support and haxe.Json merged.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
67~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Reformat std library code style pull request.
- Pre-release of Haxe
- Don’t ignore default values of arguments of inline functions pull request.
[lexer]Leave open-mode on
>so we don’t parse
[cs]Consider String as basic type merged.
[cs]Add support for .NET core
[cs]Fix net-lib parsing pull request.
[hxcs]Add .NET core netlibs merged.
jvmalternative output for the
- Rework iterator/iterable/array access resolving in
toStringon anon structures merged.
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
@:usingfor interfaces and abstracts merged.
- Use namespaced metadata for targets discussion.
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files merged.
- Better error messages for
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!