Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Green tests are nice, but what about coverage? A post on the state of coverage, mostly in VSCode.
- Dicey Dungeons news round-up: Let the good times roll.
- Two millions copies of Dead Cells have been sold!.
[WIP]George Corney has opened sourced dts2hx
git, a TypeScript definition to Haxe extern generator.
- An Interview with Playdigious - Developers of Dead Cells Mobile.
- SUPER Cute Alien has been picked for Game Development World Championship Fan Favourite’s Week. You can vote with just one click. The game itself is also currently free.
- The results of Stencyl Jam #18!
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- New videos by Lewis Lepton:
- RPG Playground video roadmap for June 2019.
- A short video tutorial by JayAnAm about how to build Armorpaint with Visual Studio 2017.
- Jérémy Fa has shared a short video of his generative art in action.
- Checkout Total Party Kill’s reveal trailer.
- Chipzel shared a short video with the music she is making for Dicey Dungeons.
- Northgard - Official Consoles Announcement Trailer. Northgard will come out on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One at the end of September.
- “Haxe - An understated powerhouse for software development” talk given by George Corney.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Poptropica game are looking for a remote Haxe developer to convert Flash games to web and mobile.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- New Dead Cells - Action Game of the Year physical editionis coming to PS4 and Nintendo Switch!
- “Charm Farm - Forest village” is a mobile farm game made with Haxe, OpenFL legacy and many other great open-source libraries made by Haxe community, which is now available world-wide on iOS and Android!
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen is coming to iOS, Android, PC and Mac on 3rd of July.
- Starscend is now available worldwide!
- RPG Map II is a “tabletop RPG” oriented map maker, created with the “keep it clean & simple” philosophy in mind by Sébastien Bénard using Heaps, available for Windows and HTML5, with Mac support coming soon.
- Hegemone Pass Linux Demo
v1.1is now available.
- The beta version of Pinball Miner by Ben Simms is now available online.
- A new update for SUPER Cute Alien is live and it’s free for some time. Checkout the latest devlog video about his release.
- Dicey Dungeons
v0.17is now live on itch.io! Starring “Parallel Universe” and a new episode for the Warrior. Checkout the full update notes.
- Alex has released HaxeUI tableview demo, available from GitHub.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- This week Matthijs Kamstra has worked on multiple cool things, such as:
- Source code for
#Alakajam! 6entry by Aurel Bily. Playable version and game’s soundtrack are also available.
- A bunch of GIFs from Alex Johansson’s BREAK N TAKE game:
- Couple of images from “Barcode Battler” by Ben Simms:
- Couple of GIFs from Renaine which you can wishlist on Steam :
- Ohsat Games is currently building some stages for Attraction Force. Plus jumping around the game GIF.
- 'Damilare Darmie Akinlaja is working on styleable components for his native UI framework.
- Unfinished beat-em-up prototype made by Ingénoire for the
- Towers! What are they protecting?
- GIF from the game Lewis Lepton is making with Kha.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[nme]NME now supports Gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
v2.1.1has been released.
[craxe]New anonymous support, initial dynamic support and haxe.Json merged.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for Readable and Writable constraints proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
35~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[hxcpp]Fix infinite array
- Handle infinite recursion in
- Closure in closure breaks abstract method fixed
jvmalternative output for the
- Rework iterator/iterable/array access resolving in
toStringon anon structures merged.
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
@:usingfor interfaces and abstracts merged.
- Use namespaced metadata for targets discussion.
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files merged.
- Lex dot-indents for
- Binary format for eval? discussion.
- Better error messages for
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
- Disallow UTF-16 surrogates in Strings merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!