Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Two millions copies of Dead Cells have been sold!.
- Checkout the recently released FAQ about the OpenFL & Feathers UI.
[WIP]George Corney has opened sourced dts2hx
git, a TypeScript definition to Haxe extern generator.
- An Interview with Playdigious - Developers of Dead Cells Mobile.
- New features landing in ArmorPaint: triplanar mapping, symmetry paint, texture viewer, native file dialogs and an initial
[WIP]Documentation about using Haxe and Unity together by Matthijs Kamstra.
- SUPER Cute Alien has been picked for Game Development World Championship Fan Favourite’s Week. You can vote with just one click. The game itself is also currently free.
- Two Hegemone Pass KickStarter articles: Big demo sneak peak and Demo
v1.2is now live with stretch goal updates.
- Unfortunately last Saturday there was a fire in one of the buildings behind Shiro Games office that spread to the surrounding buildings. Everyone is safe, but a quick look inside the office isn’t pretty. Hope that they’ll recover after such catastrophic event.
- The results of Stencyl Jam #18!
- Porting Dead Cells to mobile: An in-depth breakdown.
2.10.0has been released! Checkout the release notes for whats new.
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- New Kha tutorial video by Lewis Lepton - EP127 - HTML canvas raccoon.
- Devlog video from Persevere and Motivate: Explaining the Changes - Haxe Web Parser, P&M Modules & more.
- Teen Titans Go: Burger & Burrito (CN Games) is made in OpenFL with love.
- Andy Li has started live streaming his daily dev work. You can watch it at his twitch channel.
- Tech demo of Joaquin Bello’s Kha-based game framework running on an Android TV box.
- “Haxe - An understated powerhouse for software development” talk given by George Corney.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Starscend is now available worldwide!
- RPG Map II is a “tabletop RPG” oriented map maker, created with the “keep it clean & simple” philosophy in mind by Sébastien Bénard using Heaps, available for Windows and HTML5, with Mac support coming soon.
- Hegemone Pass Linux Demo
v1.1is now available.
- The beta version of Pinball Miner by Ben Simms is now available online.
- A new update for SUPER Cute Alien is live and it’s free for some time. Checkout the latest devlog video about his release.
- Dicey Dungeons
v0.17is now live on itch.io! Starring “Parallel Universe” and a new episode for the Warrior. Checkout the full update notes.
- Alex has released HaxeUI tableview demo, available from GitHub.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
[WIP]Creative Coding Calendar by Matthijs Kamstra.
- HaxeUI works in electron with no issues at all.
- New HaxeUI feature: create and instantiate custom components from XML files in one line without using
- Aidan Lee has been working on re-creating Haxe-DirectX bindings. All pointer/address stuff is now hidden behind wrapper objects and native resources are automatically freed when those wrapper objects are collected by the GC.
- Syo has added rotation for the ship in Jitter Sandbox.
- Survivor Introduction - Rose from Darksburg.
- New art style for Phantom Path and a new demo available on itch.io by Kirill Poletaev.
- Screenshot of in-game tools by Don’t Panic.
- A few photos of game cabinets by Alex Johansson and Katy Marshall presented at Feral Vector.
- Shielding is cool and all but have you ever tried PERFECT shielding?.
- New GIF and screen wrap in Attraction Force by Ohsat Games.
- “Stress testing” custom physics, (really only line collisions).
- “Over the hills and far away…” by Peter Achberger.
- A new GIF from Klung game made in Stencyl by Havana24.
- New interface design for CandidEditor.
0.16.0Haxe 3 and 4 are both supported.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[nme]NME now supports gradle and multi-APK architecture support on Android.
v2.1.1has been released.
[craxe]New anonymous support, initial dynamic support and haxe.Json merged.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
[RFC]Block Strings discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
55~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Lex dot-indents for
#elseifconditionals pull request.
@:pure(false)on var fields merged.
- Final keyword on ctors and static methods error messages merged.
- Add string comparison unit tests pull request.
- Rework iterator/iterable/array access resolving in
[python]Fixes Unicode system tests merged.
[hxcpp]Fix UCS2 string comparison merged.
toStringon anon structures pull request.
jvmalternative output for the
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints merged.
@:usingfor interfaces and abstracts merged.
- Use namespaced metadata for targets discussion.
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files pull request.
- Binary format for eval? discussion.
- Better error messages for
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
- Disallow UTF-16 surrogates in Strings merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!