Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- You can find the complete video collection of the Haxe US Summit 2019 on YouTube. Each talk has a link to its slides, if available.
- Slides for the talks at Haxe Summit US 2019:
- Haxe 4: What’s New - Aleksandr Kuzmenko.
- Declarative UI Programming - Juraj Kirchheim and GitHub repo.
- XhX: 10 Years of Haxe - Hugh Sanderson. Checkout Beestly a Windows app that automatically counts brood cells in images of honey bee frames.
- Audio Development with Haxe - Thomas J Webb notes and slides.
- Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe - Andy Li.
- Feathers UI - Josh Tynjala.
- Scaling Well With Others - Adam Breece.
- Titan: Macro-powered FFI for LuaJIT - Justin Donaldson.
- GitHub repo for cancelled Haxe intro workshop by Andy Li. It was cancelled because all the attendees were beyond beginner level, so they preferred the macros workshop instead.
- A bunch of photos from Haxe Summit US 2019:
- Setting up!
- Time to go!
- Alex Kuzmenko on the stage.
- Justin Donaldson talking about Titan.
- Juraj Kirchheim talking about Declarative UI Programming.
- Hugh Sanderson did a AI/ML frontend with the Haxe C++ target with ease.
- Joshua Granick is about to start us off with what’s new in OpenFL.
- Thomas J Webb on audio development with Haxe.
- Randy will talk about forGL.
- Andy Li speaking about Serverless, Haxe, and Giffon.io.
- Kicking off our last day with Juraj Kirchheim on Macros.
- David and Alex talking about their cardio software.
- FeathersUI ported to Haxe running in HTML/JS.
- Join the swag exchange!
- The results of Stencyl Jam #18!
- Porting Dead Cells to mobile: An in-depth breakdown. Yes, the game goes mobile this summer! Checkout its teaser trailer!
- Promo page for a Pinball Miner game by Ben Simms.
2.10.0has been released! Checkout the release notes for whats new.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Tech demo of Joaquin Bello’s Kha-based game framework running on an Android TV box.
- “Haxe - An understated powerhouse for software development” talk given by George Corney.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- RPG Map II is a “tabletop RPG” oriented map maker, created with the “keep it clean & simple” philosophy in mind by Sébastien Bénard using Heaps, available for Windows and HTML5, with Mac support coming soon.
- Hegemone Pass Linux Demo
v1.1is now available.
- The beta version of Pinball Miner by Ben Simms is now available online.
- A new update for SUPER Cute Alien is live and it’s free for some time. Checkout the latest devlog video about his release.
- Dicey Dungeons
v0.17is now live on itch.io! Starring “Parallel Universe” and a new episode for the Warrior. Checkout the full update notes.
- None this week.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Source code for Giffon.io, a crowd gifting platform, is available at GitLab.
- 2D Raycasting and Doom/Wolfenstein-like 2d raycast rendering in Kha. The source code for both is available on GitHub.
- CHEAP GOLF is now running on iOS with the latest Xcode. Thanks to Justo Delgado.
- New GIF from unnamed RPG game by Peter Achberger.
- Trying some custom normals in Armory3D by Disar.
- Couple of GIFs from BREAK N TAKE by Alex Johansson:
- Couple of GIFs from Leapin Lads by Cory Martin:
git(Warning: Not production ready)
- A Haxe Wordpress Plugin Demo
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
v2.1.1has been released.
[checkstyle]Eval threads merged.
[json2object]Single-line docs are eaten issue.
[craxe]New anonymous support, initial dynamic support and haxe.Json merged.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
[RFC]Block Strings discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
71~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[cs]Add support for native cs type parameter constraints pull request.
@:usingfor interfaces and abstracts merged.
@:allow(some.pack)to types located in the package only merged.
- Add the
haxedefine pull request.
[matcher]Fixed position of matched enum arguments merged.
- Use namespaced metadata for targets discussion.
- Fix call-site inlining with type parameters merged.
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files pull request.
- Binary format for eval? discussion.
[crypto]Add SCrypt and RC4 (ARC4) algorithms
- Better error messages for
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
jvmalternative output for the
[java]Add Java 8 classes merged.
- Disallow UTF-16 surrogates in Strings merged.
- Unicode sys tests pull request.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!