Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- You can find the complete video collection of the Haxe US Summit 2019 on YouTube. Each talk has a link to its slides, if available.
- Slides for the talks at Haxe Summit US 2019:
- Haxe 4: What’s New - Aleksandr Kuzmenko.
- Declarative UI Programming - Juraj Kirchheim and GitHub repo.
- XhX: 10 Years of Haxe - Hugh Sanderson. Checkout Beestly a Windows app that automatically counts brood cells in images of honey bee frames.
- Audio Development with Haxe - Thomas J Webb notes and slides.
- Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe - Andy Li.
- Feathers UI - Josh Tynjala.
- Scaling Well With Others - Adam Breece.
- Titan: Macro-powered FFI for LuaJIT - Justin Donaldson.
- GitHub repo for cancelled Haxe intro workshop by Andy Li. It was cancelled because all the attendees were beyond beginner level, so they preferred the macros workshop instead.
- A bunch of photos from Haxe Summit US 2019:
- Setting up!
- Time to go!
- Alex Kuzmenko on the stage.
- Justin Donaldson talking about Titan.
- Juraj Kirchheim talking about Declarative UI Programming.
- Hugh Sanderson did a AI/ML frontend with the Haxe C++ target with ease.
- Joshua Granick is about to start us off with what’s new in OpenFL.
- Thomas J Webb on audio development with Haxe.
- Randy will talk about forGL.
- Andy Li speaking about Serverless, Haxe, and Giffon.io.
- Kicking off our last day with Juraj Kirchheim on Macros.
- David and Alex talking about their cardio software.
- FeathersUI ported to Haxe running in HTML/JS.
- Join the swag exchange!
- The results of Stencyl Jam #18!
- Porting Dead Cells to mobile: An in-depth breakdown. Yes, the game goes mobile this summer! Checkout its teaser trailer!
- Darksburg - Dev Diary
#1and Survivor Introduction: Sister Abigail.
- Break N Take devlog by Alex Johansson.
- Promo page for a Pinball Miner game by Ben Simms.
2.10.0has been released! Checkout the release notes for whats new.
- Checkout the poll for “What language to support next in CodinGame”, Haxe being one of the options.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- “Haxe - An understated powerhouse for software development” talk given by George Corney.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Haxe developers wanted in Montreal to join Mino Games.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- None this week.
- Joshua Stone has released “Finn’s Fantastic Food Machine” on Kongregate. Checkout the release trailer.
- SakeRow: Shadows Die Nonece - a HaxeFlixel game on newgrounds created Alon.
- Nanjizal has manually restored uniflash by Nickolay Artamonov from GoogleCode.
- How to use Cppia for testing with the latest Haxe release README by Nanjizal.
- Interpret by Jérémy Fa. It turns Haxe classes into scriptable/interpretable/hot-reloadable code using hscript. Here is also a thread about it on Haxe Community.
- Android “Hello World” application for the new JVM target by Valentin Lemière.
- Haxe dependency graph sources by Mark Knol.
- New simple benchmark of Craxe Http Server vs NodeJS.
- New repos by Kevin Leung:
- New video from Phantom Path - a story-driven puzzle adventure game by Kirill Poletaev.
- Bad squids up to no good.
- Mosaic effect and Total annihilation!!! in Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- Short video demonstration of new car springs and environment mapping on car windows in unnamed racing game by Ed Ryzhov.
- New look of SUPER Cute Alien is ready. Huge update coming soon!
- ShoeBoxNodes demonstration video, showing it can encode scenes as a URL and message scenes as links, which in turn could also be loaded or generated in the desktop OSX and Windows apps.
- The cloak powerup, sprite flashes using shaders and remappable controls from Attraction Force.
- Simple grid movement by Techy Wrinkles.
- PizzaMakesGames has returned to development of Skullz 'n Skeletonz.
- Peter Achberger has updated HexSweep game.
- Legend of Zoldo: Lonks Slumber, with updated visuals for gameboy color in Armory3D.
- Some news about Hegemone Pass by Ingénoire:
- New GIFs and videos from Break N Take by Alex Johansson:
- GIFs from SHMUP-ish game by MortMort:
- Screenshots and GIFs from the Clunky Ball game by shakesoda:
- GIFs and screenshots from another by Alex Johansson that he is making with Stencyl - Corporate Salmon:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[heaps]Per platform converts discussion.
[hxgenjs]hxgenjs (an extensible JS generator for Haxe) now supports Haxe 4!
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add new Sys API’s proposal.
[RFC]Block Strings discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
61~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last two weeks.
[crypto]Add SCrypt and RC4 (ARC4) algorithms
[hxcpp]Improve build times, linear instead of quadratic, relative to the number of files pull request.
- Add support for universal expr in
- Binary format for eval? discussion.
jvmalternative output for the
[feature request]Macro property accessor discussion.
[java]Add Java 8 classes merged.
- Better error messages for
- Disallow UTF-16 surrogates in Strings merged.
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
- Unicode sys tests pull request.
@:usingshould work for all types issue and discussion.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!