Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The list of Haxe Summit speakers had been updated!
- The Haxe Summit has moved to FlowPlay’s office. More details about the upcoming Haxe Summit will be blogged about soon.
- The Haxe Summit is Small Potatoes by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now available. Tickets are now
- Andy Li - Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe.
- Hugh Sanderson - XhX - 10 years of Haxe.
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- “Eating Soup with a Fork: Retooling the Lime Stack to Embed an OpenFL App into a .NET Control” talk by David Hamiter and Alex Rothman from Ionosoft.
- Juraj Kirchheim will teach us about Declarative UI Programming in both a talk and a workshop.
- Josh Tynjala, the creator of Feathers UI, will be attending the Haxe Summit in Seattle.
- New post on Haxe blog: Let’s Have Breakfast in Seattle by Josefiene Pertosa.
- forGL helps you learn computer programming with no prior experience needed. It will be presented at the Haxe US Summit 2019 in Seattle.
- Norwegian code magazine kode24 has written an article about Hydropower game by Logic interactive.
- Checkout the poll for “What language to support next in CodinGame”, Haxe being one of the options.
- The Hegemone Pass
0.9Windows and Linux Demos are online! Plus a new post detailing the demo. Please give feedback or report bugs!
2.9.0has been released!
- A few approaches to utilize Haxe and its targets written by Kevin Leung.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- FeathersUI will be fully developed with Haxe and OpenFL by its author Josh Tynjala. He is planning to open a crowd-funding campaign for to fund it. Checkout his blog post about it and announcement on OpenFL forum.
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Dev Cast about the upcoming Unity Context for Genome2D by Peter Stefcek.
- Three new videos from Lewis Lepton:
- “Haxe - An understated powerhouse for software development” talk given by George Corney.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Joshua Stone has released “Finn’s Fantastic Food Machine” on Kongregate. Checkout the release trailer.
- SakeRow: Shadows Die Nonece - a HaxeFlixel game on newgrounds created Alon.
[ld44]Dunkin’ Dogoos made by shakesoda and Landon Manning for Ludum Dare 44 with Haxe and LÖVE.
[ld44]Vumpires: Night of the Bat-Men is a game made for Ludum Dare 44 by Tim I Hely.
[ld44]Life Stock Exchange is a game by Michael Miriti made for Ludum Dare 44 with Haxe and OpenFL.
[ld44]SafeCrack created by Torcado made for Ludum Dare 44.
[ld44]Arcade Wars created by Aurel made for Ludum Dare 44.
[ActualAdultGames]Extreme Lawn Mowing by Gauthier B made for the Actual Adult Games Jam.
- hidezip.com is a web app by Kevin Leung made with Haxe and Coconut that lets you camouflage an archive file to make it looks like an image file in your file explorer.
tink_httplocal and AWS Lambda setup.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Creative coding art by Jérémy Fa: Is he upset?.
- Instead of participating in Ludum Dare, Jérémy Fa has added tilemap/TMX support to Ceramic engine.
- Craxe now has
Map<K, V>implementations. Also OOP has been improved by allowing overriding methods. The next step will be benchmarking Craxe’s HTTP server and NodeJS.
- Wrenegade (a toolkit for developing backends for embedded Wren based projects) by 'Damilare Darmie Akinlaja is now available for consumption!
- Lewis Lepton has added playable examples for the raccoon engine he is building in Kha tutorial series.
- New screenshot from Phantom Path game by Kirill Poletaev.
- The Stun Ball stuns all enemies on the screen and the Battery powerup overcharges your suit in Attraction Force game by Ohsat Games.
- Fantomon has shared a GIF showing the UI of the game he is working on.
- Survivor Introduction - Runolf from Darksburg.
- A couple of GIFs from the WIP game by shakesoda, Items have momentum now and It works in reverse, too.
- New GIFs and screenshots and from Alex Johansson’s new Stencyl game “Break N Take”:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[kha]Optimize Android Java
6xfaster pull request.
[linc_uv]A better UV binding by kevinresol merged.
[as3hx]Changes for converting Moonshine IDE AS3 source code pull request.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
[RFC]Block Strings discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
19~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Add a warning for conditions in
#ifcontaining dots not enclosed in parens issue.
- Mark native properties (typed as plain fields) as having side-effectful reads issue.
- Better error messages for
- Disallow UTF-16 surrogates in Strings merged.
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
- Unicode sys tests pull request.
@:usingshould work for all types issue and discussion.
-java-libon non Java targets issue.
- Reconstruct do-loops pull request.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!