Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The list of Haxe Summit speakers had been updated!
- The Haxe Summit has moved to FlowPlay’s office. More details about the upcoming Haxe Summit will be blogged about soon.
- The Haxe Summit is Small Potatoes by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now available. Tickets are now
- Andy Li - Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe.
- Hugh Sanderson - XhX - 10 years of Haxe.
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- “Eating Soup with a Fork: Retooling the Lime Stack to Embed an OpenFL App into a .NET Control” talk by David Hamiter and Alex Rothman from Ionosoft.
- Juraj Kirchheim will teach us about Declarative UI Programming in both a talk and a workshop.
- Josh Tynjala, the creator of Feathers UI, will be attending the Haxe Summit in Seattle.
2.9.0has been released!
- Quick write-up of managing Haxe versions under Linux.
- A quick update on Dicey Dungeons: The Dice Are Cast.
- Game development as a hobby blogpost by Hello Lightbulb.
- Fresh ArmorPaint development builds are up (and available at ArmorPaint site)! New layer tools, UDIM, 2D paint, masking!
- A few approaches to utilize Haxe and its targets written by Kevin Leung.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- FeathersUI will be fully developed with Haxe and OpenFL by its author Josh Tynjala. He is planning to open a crowd-funding campaign for to fund it. Checkout his blog post about it and announcement on OpenFL forum.
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Haxe - An understated powerhouse for software development talk given by George Corney.
- Kha Tutorial - EP123 - Scene Refine Library by Lewis Lepton.
- A short interview with David Elahee about Double Kick Heroes made at PAX East 201.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Julie Games are looking for a Haxe/C# programmer to join their team in Moscow, Russia.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OTO is a minimalist platform puzzle game by Lewis Lepton made during the
notGDCJam 2019. And he started development of a bigger version of OTO with more mechanics, more levels, sounds, music!
- fangoals.games is a game by MediaMonks made with Haxe and Pixi.js.
- You can playtest MONDAR’S DUNGEON - a game by Rat King and Jana Reinhardt.
- hidezip.com is a web app by Kevin Leung made with Haxe and Coconut that lets you camouflage an archive file to make it looks like an image file in your file explorer.
tink_httplocal and AWS Lambda setup.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Nanjizal has added a Haxe implementation of ray-triangle intersection test. Feel free to improve compare and consider.
- Genome2D Unity context is in alpha stage and can actually be tested if anyone is interested.
- Craxe now has a typedef and anonymous implementation as well as Generics and GADT. Source code for the typedef example is available on GitHub.
- Teaser for Thomas J. Webb’s talk for Haxe Summit.
- Ben Simms has tried to convert his game into a Pinball “machine”.
- Progress on ShoeBox successor.
- Syo has updated the debug panel in Jitter Sandbox.
- Need SloMo to take on 4 foe GIF from Lightspeed Bloodshed game by Jack Lewis.
- A few GIFs and videos from Alex Johansson’s new Stencyl game “Break N Take”:
- The Clan of the Horse is now available in Northgard.
- News about Hegemone Pass game:
- A few GIFs from Dead World Heroes:
- Couple of GIFs from Attraction Force by Ohsat Games: Powerups spawning and
+1powerups lets you extend your combos.
- Testing some cool effects for RPG Playground.
- Colin Lane is working on Slothing over it with Bennett Slothy for Stencyl game jam.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[hscript]Add steppable/interruptible interpreter pull request.
[lix]Update to version
15.3.12to get all the Haxe language server features back.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
25~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Better error messages for
@:usingshould work for all types issue and discussion.
- Auto-generate defines and metas from Json files pull request.
StringTools.endsWithfails with Unicode fixed.
- Disallow UTF-16 surrogates in Strings merged.
1.0.1-alphaBetter performance for Java, CSharp and Python. Release.
[display]Macro reification support issue.
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
[python]Resources are not embedded issue.
- Unicode sys tests pull request.
-java-libon non Java targets issue.
- Fast version of
@:usingnot working on interfaces issue & discussion.
- Static extension
@:usingdoesn’t seem to work on abstract fixed.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
- Reconstruct do-loops pull request.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!