Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Haxe Summit has moved to FlowPlay’s office. More details about the upcoming Haxe Summit will be blogged about soon.
- The Haxe Summit is Small Potatoes by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now available. Tickets are now
- Andy Li - Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe.
- Hugh Sanderson - XhX - 10 years of Haxe.
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- “Eating Soup with a Fork: Retooling the Lime Stack to Embed an OpenFL App into a .NET Control” talk by David Hamiter and Alex Rothman from Ionosoft.
- Juraj Kirchheim will teach us about Declarative UI Programming in both a talk and a workshop.
- Josh Tynjala, the creator of Feathers UI, will be attending the Haxe Summit in Seattle.
- Small Untitled RPG Devlog 3 by Peter Achberger.
- New post: Blurry Timeline Allies (Demo and Kickstarter Soon) by Ingénoire.
- An interesting Twitter thread about Ceramic engine, an open source minimal & portable cross-platform 2D game engine by Jérémy Fa.
- A very short devlog from Lewis Lepton - OTO
1.0.1an update for Mojave users.
- Top 10 Games of Pax East 2019: Dicey Dungeons.
- Alexander Gordeyko is still looking for a full-time job.
- Will Blanton has made PT++ - a Playable Trailer in a sense, but it really stands for Pregnancy Test++. He and his wife Julie are expecting twin boys! And this little game is a tribute to celebrate their teamwork!
- A few approaches to utilize Haxe and its targets written by Kevin Leung.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- FeathersUI will be fully developed with Haxe and OpenFL by its author Josh Tynjala. He is planning to open a crowd-funding campaign for to fund it. Checkout his blog post about it and announcement on OpenFL forum.
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Kha Tutorial - EP121 - Tween Refine Library by Lewis Lepton.
- Kha Tutorial - EP122 - Renaming Refine Library by Lewis Lepton.
- A new video from Dead World Heroes - Get the hell out of GenLab!
- A very interesting slide from Juan Linietsky’s “The State of Godot” talk.
- A Bartender, a Bounty Hunter, a Nun and a Werewolf walk into a……Zombie Outbreak?! - take a look at first Darksburg gameplay trailer! You can also wishlist the game on Steam.
- A short interview with David Elahee about Double Kick Heroes made at PAX East 201.
- Video of Sebastien Benard’s talk from GDC 2019 is available now: ‘Dead Cells’: What the F*n!?. Plus presentation slides.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- There will be a Stencyl Jam from April 12th - till April 22nd. The top three entries will receive a Stencyl Studio license. Sign up now!
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Pavel Alexandrov has ported his old game called Victima which he made in 2015 with OpenFL to Heaps. You can play it here (Russian only).
- Peasant Knight, the puzzle-platformer has been released (the PC version made with HaxeFlixel) so far on Steam, Switch, PS4, and Vita.
- OTO is a minimalist platform puzzle game by Lewis Lepton made during the
notGDCJam 2019. And he started development of a bigger version of OTO with more mechanics, more levels, sounds, music!
- fangoals.games is a game by MediaMonks made with Haxe and Pixi.js.
- You can playtest MONDAR’S DUNGEON - a game by Rat King and Jana Reinhardt.
- hidezip.com is a web app by Kevin Leung made with Haxe and Coconut that lets you camouflage an archive file to make it looks like an image file in your file explorer.
- The Heart of Dead Cells is half artbook, half making-of.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- Example Heaps iOS app by Justin Walsh.
tink_httplocal and AWS Lambda setup.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- ArmorPaint gearing up for ray tracing.
- New generative art sketches by Matthijs Kamstra:
- New features for HaxeDevelop have been implemented by SlavaRa:
- Craxe is growing! Externs and closures are implemented:
- While refactoring HaxeUI macros classes, Ian Harrigan has added the:
- Two new projects by Mark Knol, Online haxe-formatter and LZString an LZ-based compression algorithm for Haxe.
- Pavel Alexandrov has released the source code to his Ludum Dare 42 entry Edgy Fantasy Battle Deluxe.
- A new project by 'Damilare Darmie Akinlaja called HXDL, which is a Haxe DirectMedia library (a Haxe wrapper for SDL, inspired by Lime).
- Armory Lightmapper is an addon for Armory3D that implements lightmapping and denoising capabilities for GI texture baking with support for HDR Lightmaps.
- Oleg Dolya’s Random compass rose generator is available on GitHub.
- A new GIF from Renaine, if he hot, he hop.
- A couple of GIFs from Jitter Sandbox by Syo, all objects, including particles, depend on dt and added panning for sound.
- Alex Johansson has made a late night game where you use frisbees as ping pong paddles, Frisbee + Table Tennis = FLING PONG and some close up footage of FLING PONG.
- It seems that Dan Korostelev is working on externs for Godot engine. A button in Godot responses with “Created from Haxe!” message, with a preview of the Haxe code for it.
- A playable demo of Darksburg was also presented by Shiro Games at TwitchCon Europe 2019 in Berlin, Germany on April 13-14.
- New screenshot from unnamed RPG game by Peter Achberger - Took me a day to parse and apply Tiled templates properly.
- New screenshot from Frontier Story by jmw.
- Ben Simms has added a scrolling ticker so he can update game news & give shoutouts in the app remotely.
- Aine is getting some new attacks in Renaine - reverse slash, down strike, and much more!
- Baron Von Darksburg is one of the main foes in Darksburg.
- Powerups of Attraction Force.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
55~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
1.0.1-alphaBetter performance for Java, CSharp and Python. Release.
- HaxeLib “boot” discussion.
- Weird modifier combinations with
[hxcpp]Unicode fixes merged.
[display]Macro reification support issue.
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
- Unicode sys tests pull request.
- Fast version of
-java-libon non Java targets issue.
[python]Resources are not embedded issue.
@:usingnot working on interfaces issue & discussion.
- Static extension
@:usingdoesn’t seem to work on abstract fixed.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
- Reconstruct do-loops pull request.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!