Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Haxe Summit is Small Potatoes by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now available. Tickets are now
- Andy Li - Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe.
- Hugh Sanderson - XhX - 10 years of Haxe.
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Will Blanton has made PT++ - a Playable Trailer in a sense, but it really stands for Pregnancy Test++. He and his wife Julie are expecting twin boys! And this little game is a tribute to celebrate their teamwork!
- Alexander Gordeyko is still looking for a full-time job.
- Simple dice become the heroes in Terry Cavanagh’s newest, Dicey Dungeons - a new article about the game on Polygon.
- Small Untitled RPG Devlog 2 by Peter Achberger.
- A few approaches to utilize Haxe and its targets written by Kevin Leung.
- An overview of how to get a (Haxe) Heaps app built & running on Android.
class HaxeFoundation extends Manpower- Alexander Kuzmenko joins the HF as a full-time compiler dev and Aurel Bily joins as an intern for 6 months working on various projects!
- FeathersUI will be fully developed with Haxe and OpenFL by its author Josh Tynjala. He is planning to open a crowd-funding campaign for to fund it. Checkout his blog post about it and announcement on OpenFL forum.
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- A short interview with David Elahee about Double Kick Heroes made at PAX East 201.
- Video of Sebastien Benard’s talk from GDC 2019 is available now: ‘Dead Cells’: What the F*n!?. Plus presentation slides.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- There will be a Stencyl Jam from April 12th - till April 22nd. The top three entries will receive a Stencyl Studio license. Sign up now!
- Sebastien Benard, the Lead Game Designer of the Haxe-powered game Dead Cells, is announced as a speaker for the Reboot Development Blue game development conference at 11th-13th April 2019 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Haxe transpilation to PHP: static typing, arrow functions, metaprogramming and more by Aleksandr Kuzmenko on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- What’s new in Haxe 4 by Andy Li on 14-15 June at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Peasant Knight, the puzzle-platformer has been released (the PC version made with HaxeFlixel) so far on Steam, Switch, PS4, and Vita.
- MacOS build of OTO has been released by Lewis Lepton.
1.0of Mondar’s Dungeon was uploaded on itch.io and will be showcased at A MAZE.
- A new Haxe game has been released on itch.io, titled, Hero.
- OTO is a minimalist platform puzzle game by Lewis Lepton made during the
notGDCJam 2019. And he started development of a bigger version of OTO with more mechanics, more levels, sounds, music!
- fangoals.games is a game by MediaMonks made with Haxe and Pixi.js.
- You can playtest MONDAR’S DUNGEON - a game by Rat King and Jana Reinhardt.
- hidezip.com is a web app by Kevin Leung made with Haxe and Coconut that lets you camouflage an archive file to make it looks like an image file in your file explorer.
- The Heart of Dead Cells is half artbook, half making-of.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- An install script for building Haxe
4.0.0-rc.2from source for Raspberry Pi by Patrick Gutlich.
- Someone asked how you would go about generating ES/TS decorators in Haxe JS, Philippe shows you how to use macros to find annotated fields and generate annotations as static init.
tink_httplocal and AWS Lambda setup.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Haxe/PHP extern generator by Alexander Kuzmenko.
- Soon there will be a Haxe port of BigInteger.js.
- FingersRapid continues his work on Craxe, which is a transpiler from Haxe to Nim. This week he implemented switch expression, inheritance, interfaces and brainf**k benchmark.
- SlavaRa continues work on FlashDevelop/HaxeDevelop: now hitting F5 key while debugging won’t start rebuild process.
- LiquidFX (a Blender / Armory3D node that facilitates a simple animated liquid surface using a PBR workflow) had been updated and now it includes:
- Flipbook animator node.
- Runtime node (mins, secs, millisecs).
- Waterfall (with particles) example.
- A GIF showing the new code generation features in VSCode.
- New generative art sketches by Matthijs Kamstra:
- Fun with LiquidFX nodes in Armory!
- Damilare with some help from Aidan Lee has hacked together Haxe/C++ bindings for Vulkan. It’s not finished and needs testing but any help will be appreciated.
- I don’t know why but now rabbits drop some grilled meat and the ghost. It’s an updated example for the echo ECS framework.
- Alexander Gordeyko is working on a port of the Moonshine IDE to Haxe. He is using a custom fork of
as3hxfor it (he took a fork of
as3hxby Studio NX as a basis).
- Writing TTF tables using abstract by Nanjizal.
- Patrick Gutlich has made a digital photo frame using an old Laptop LCD panel and a Raspberry Pi . Powered by OpenFL
4.0.0-rc.2. Checkout its guts.
- A lot of GIFs from SHOTDOGS by Alex Johansson:
- Screenshots and GIFs from the game by Ben Simms:
- Started to add weapons to the shop.
- Finally… all the logic for the shop is done.
- Focusing on the new level select scene.
- Getting game icon ready. And now we know the name of the game.
- Decided to update all the games assets.
- Redone a lot of art!
- This little duck has been mugging me off for 2 long now! Today I fix that!
- Dicey Dungeons had been on EGX Rezzed. This means that it was in 3 conferences in less than a month (GDC 2019, PAX East and EGX Rezzed). Checkout some new photos:
- Double Kick Heroes was at EGX Rezzed too!
- New art from Frontier Story game by jmw:
- A few GIFs from Renaine by Octosoft:
- The charge shot in Attraction Force gives you another way to build up combos and kick robots off your space station. Plus messed up effects for the HUD.
- GIF and videos from SUPER Cute Alien:
- A few funny visual bugs from the unnamed RPG game by Peter Achberger:
- Mooring bots from Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[kha]Bitmap baking optimization (over
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
45~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[display]Macro reification support issue.
\xNNfor values higher than 127 fixed.
- Unicode sys tests pull request.
- Fast version of
hxcpp_smart_stringsby default issue.
-java-libon non Java targets issue.
haxe.DynamicAccessvs safety issue.
- Final vs never vs null. Again. Pull request.
[python]Resources are not embedded issue.
@:usingnot working on interfaces issue & discussion.
- Static extension
@:usingdoesn’t seem to work on abstract fixed.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
- Reconstruct do-loops pull request.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!