Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Haxe Summit is Small Potatoes by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Tickets are now
- Andy Li - Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe.
- Hugh Sanderson - XhX - 10 years of Haxe.
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
4.0.0-rc.2has been released!
2.8.0has been released!
- How do you initialize all elements of a Vector?
- Some questions about the Haxe C# implementation.
- Dicey Dungeons and Renaine games are at PAX East.
- A bunch of slides from the design postmortem of Dead Cells presented at GDC 2019. One big number from this presentation - Dead Cells has sold over 1 Million copies, about 60% of them on PC.
- Studio NX gave a talk at the Mail.ru Group office meetup about the conversion of Chronicles of Chaos from Flash to HTML5 using a fork of as3hx
git. Checkout the full transctipt.
- Vadim Dyachenko wrote a blog post about what projects he’s been using Haxe for.
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- The Haxe 2018 survey results have finally been published, thanks to Valentin Lemière.
- Haxe Survey 2019 - The results and follow-up discussion.
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- Dead Cells: Rise of the Giant DLC, Major update… Thing - An animated trailer.
- Art revamp for SUPER Cute Alien.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Double Kick Heroes will be at PAX East 2019 (28-31 March).
- Sebastien Benard, the Lead Game Designer of the Haxe-powered game Dead Cells, is announced as a speaker for the Reboot Development Blue game development conference at 11th-13th April 2019 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Come speak in the Haxe Track at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 14-15 June 2019 by Andy Li.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OTO is a minimalist platform puzzle game by Lewis Lepton made during the
notGDCJam 2019. And he started development of a bigger version of OTO with more mechanics, more levels, sounds, music!
- fangoals.games is a game by MediaMonks made with Haxe and Pixi.js.
- You can playtest MONDAR’S DUNGEON - a game by Rat King and Jana Reinhardt.
- hidezip.com is a simple web app by Kevin Leung, made with Haxe and Coconut that lets you camouflage an archive file to make it looks like an image file in your file explorer.
- Huge free update for Northgard Relics is available now.
- Free new dungeon update coming to Super Dangerous Dungeons on 27th of March.
- The first free DLC for Dead Cells called “Rise of the Giant” will hit PC on March 28th. You can already check out the DLC’s Steam page.
- The Heart of Dead Cells is half artbook, half making-of.
- Jetstream game (made with OpenFL) by Clockwork Acorn is arriving on desktop on 2nd April.
- Something big is coming for OVERWHELM game. What it could be? Oh, it’s Nintendo Switch port which will come out on 4th of April with the new co-op mode, (which will be available only on the Nintendo Switch).
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
keyValueIteratorfunction example by Mark Knol.
- Matthijs Kamstra has created cc-webassembly GitHub repo showing how to work with WebAssembly from Haxe. Its working only with statics and welcomes any help to progress it further.
- HaxeVM is a prototype compiler/virtual machine in Haxe for Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Aidan Lee continues working on flurry engine and has fixed the d3d11 backend, so it now works with 3 different graphics APIs on 3 different desktop OSs.
[WIP]Haxe externs for the raylib library - raylib-haxe (currently not working).
- Deepcake has made a few updates for echo
git(an ecs library) and also made an example for it (Tiger in the Meadow!)
- Austin East has added support for compound colliders into the echo physics engine.
- New screenshots from Peter Achberger - Merging, simplifying and converting polygons to convex ones for physics and pathfinding is easily done with hxGeomAlgo library.
- Fernando Bevilacqua has returned to development of Flixel Studio.
- Oleg Dolya has created a compass roses generator with OpenFL:
- Nanjizal has created two tests for the HxTrueType
gitlibrary - Canvas version and WebGL version with source code available at GitHub.
- New generative art sketches by Matthijs Kamstra:
- Particle brushes in ArmorPaint allows to achieve rain effect.
- GraphG2 is a WIP node-based shader editor for Kha.
- Not exactly related to Haxe, but “Prisoner” from Dead Cells is now available in Brawlout.
- Multi snek by Sidar Talei.
- Gabrielle is working on her new game and managed to add a few things to the battle UI and added a small description for the selected action.
- Couple of WIP games/apps from Haxe Discord server, Cave of Adventure and yajg, a small jpg corruption tool.
- Shop for SHOTDOGS by Alex Johansson is fully refurbed.
- Playing a bit with constraints in Haxe and OpenFL.
- Ohsat Games is working on a new tileset for Attraction Force and also working on enemy death effect. Checkout Ohsat Games newsletter to get news, early access, pre-release builds and more.
- A few GIFs from Renaine:
- Duck duck from the game Ben Simms is making with Stencyl.
- 256 Texture Generator is a Haxe app made by Kaelan Evans with OpenFL for the Doom modding community.
- A character model made with ZBrush and ArmorPaint by Adler Romero.
git- Flash Like GUI for OpenFL.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[kha]Bitmap baking optimization (over
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
43~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- PCRE Error 2 in macros issue.
[display]No completion for
key => value in mapissue.
- Improve uninitialized
[matcher]null-checked pattern is not tempvared issue.
[tora]Fix more errors & warnings on Haxe 4 merged.
[python]Resources are not embedded issue.
- Haxe in Haxe notes, avoid OCaml and use JVM or HXCPP discussion for Haxe
@:usingnot working on interfaces issue & discussion.
- Static extension
@:usingdoesn’t seem to work on abstract fixed.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
- Final vs. never vs. null pull request & discussion.
- Reconstruct do-loops pull request.
[null safety]Null safety errors in inlined code issue.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!